Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to dcchi: "Whenever we do staycations in downtown Chicago, we use the ParkWhiz app to find parking. Normally pretty substantial savings off of hotel parking rates and even minor savings (and sometimes more) off of garage posted rates. If you're willing to walk one or a few blocks, this works well."
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2007, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I usually stay near the L and have shuttle drop me off.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 12:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA Platinum
I have gotten coworkers good rates through the FS and Ren ORD. They are usually priced a few hundred cheaper than the downtown equivalent, but the el isn't the most fun experience in the world.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 12:58 pm
glg

Originally Posted by JimJ321
the el isn't the most fun experience in the world.
Quick note for OP. There is construction on the Blue Line. No changes during rush hour, but there are weekends where it is completely screwed up (including sections closed replaced by a bus) and on many nights they run single track. Currently scheduled through xmas. If you'll be on the train at times other than daytime in the next month or two, check into it.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
The OP doesn't say when he's running into the high rates, but I suspect that it may be for the RSNA conference next week. As per usual, the Marriott properties are joining their bretheren in the lodging business in completely ignoring Mayor Daley's repeated pleas for restraint in jacking up room rates during major events.

This isn't to be confused with the local convention bureau and chamber of commerce types' continuing amazement over the fact that they're having an increasingly tough time competing with other cities for convention business.

As for alternative hotels....glg's advice is spot-on.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
Ren Suites Ohare, is the best Mariott at the airport
Old Nov 23, 2007, 4:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, LH Silver, Marriott Platinum
I fully agree. Best place I stayed in and a 1 minute walk from Cumberland station gto take the train uptown. Nice 2 room suites.

Originally Posted by Northern Traveler
Ren Suites Ohare, is the best Mariott at the airport
Old Nov 25, 2007, 8:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by cyberdad
The OP doesn't say when he's running into the high rates, but I suspect that it may be for the RSNA conference next week. As per usual, the Marriott properties are joining their bretheren in the lodging business in completely ignoring Mayor Daley's repeated pleas for restraint in jacking up room rates during major events.

This isn't to be confused with the local convention bureau and chamber of commerce types' continuing amazement over the fact that they're having an increasingly tough time competing with other cities for convention business.

As for alternative hotels....glg's advice is spot-on.
Yep its this week. Most hotels want $600 /night. WIth 20% tax it's robbery

My basic choices are the Marriotts at the airport hence my ques on how best to commute.

I am not with the conference
Old Nov 25, 2007, 11:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
So how far is the Chicago Marriot Ohare from the train. Is that hotel the 2nd closest compared to the Renaissance?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 2:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
I also agree about the Ren Suites...very nice property
Old Nov 26, 2007, 8:55 am
glg

Originally Posted by welookgood.com
So how far is the Chicago Marriot Ohare from the train. Is that hotel the 2nd closest compared to the Renaissance?
Since google maps is so much fun, here you go.

Link

North side, left big building is the Marriott. I marked about where the front door is (on the north side of the building. Off the SE side and through a little bit of parking lot is the CTA bridge. I marked the station too so you can get an idea where that is.

Looks like if you can find an exit door near the SE corner of the Marriott building, you'll only be a hundred yards or so from the ped bridge.

South side, left is the Ren Suites. I marked the ped bridge on that side too.

This whole map is pretty zoomed in, none of this is very far.

Last edited by glg; Nov 26, 2007 at 8:59 am Reason: added Ren
Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:33 am

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
Three New Marriotts Coming to Downtown Chicago

Renaissance
Residence Inn
SpringHill Suites

The Ren is a rehab of the old Blackstone Hotel on S. Michigan near the Hilton and Grant Park. I walked by the other day and it looked great. We already have some great Rens in town, but another one won't hurt. Can't wait to check this out after the scheduled February opening date.

The RI and the SH share the same new building on N. Dearborn in the River North area. Lots of restaurants etc. in that area, and it's a short walk to the Mag Mile and the Loop. They're scheduled to open in April.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 6:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Happy to hear about the new Renaissance...I am not a fan of the Marriott on Michigan or the Renaissance on Wacker...yes I know I am in the minority about the Renaissance but I just don't care for that property.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
That Ren is at a great location...I passed by it in April, and it should fill a gap for those who need to be on the south side of the Loop, as most of the F-S Marriotts in Chicago are on the north side.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 2:14 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Renovations starting 12/17/2007

Originally Posted by Elmonogrande
I agree that the location is brilliant. Rooms that I had were terrible. Rather small and very noisy. Strange noises and I felt like being next to the elevators eventhough that was not the case. Lobby is the worst I have ever seen and the desription "trainstation" is indeed very applicable.
The Renaissance suites close to O'hare airport are much nicer and are spacious 2 room suites with a beautiful bathroom. But those are 30 minutes from the center and too far from the convention center.
Renovation Information
The hotel lobby & suites are under renovation December 17, 2007-February 22, 2008. A small portion of the lobby will be under renovation February 23, 2008 to April 15, 2008.

On the plus side, rates have dropped during this period.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.7MM/LT GOLD-Luckily/Admirals Club/HH Dia/MR Gold/NAT Exec Elite/AVIS First/SPG/
Chicago discount codes

Anyone have any corporate codes to use on Marriott.com in Chicago anyone have any ideas? I have the government code but am afraid to use it because it says a government ID or procurement code are necessary at check-in I'm afraid to use it. how often do the front desk staff check?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.