Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to dcchi: "Whenever we do staycations in downtown Chicago, we use the ParkWhiz app to find parking. Normally pretty substantial savings off of hotel parking rates and even minor savings (and sometimes more) off of garage posted rates. If you're willing to walk one or a few blocks, this works well."
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2008, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
cyber...good to know...i was thinking you really wouldn't see much at all.

and as for lou's...aside from the pzza tasting better, at least they hav just an individual! believe it or not, i didnt hate pizzeria Due either...not like the Unos in the rest of the galaxy...

[but, honestly, give me a thin, crispy DeLorenzo's tomoato pie from trenton, NJ any day over that thick stuff out there!!!]
Old Jul 17, 2008, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Despite my above-mentioned loyalty to the Renaissance Chicago, I'm thinking about trying out the Blackstone next weekend to see what it's all about. Any reports on what, if anything, is provided for breakfast for Plats on the weekend? Haven't found anything on this property in the concierge-lounge sticky.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Cannot answer your question as I am there on business but you will love this property. Last time I was there I had a top floor room that had windows in the celing and was simply spectacular....it had the "new" smell and I felt like I was the first occupant of the room...I did not want to leave that room, I actually extended my stay a day. My favorite property now...location could be better but great restaurants are a short cab drive away.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 2:32 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by jkm024
Despite my above-mentioned loyalty to the Renaissance Chicago, I'm thinking about trying out the Blackstone next weekend to see what it's all about. Any reports on what, if anything, is provided for breakfast for Plats on the weekend? Haven't found anything on this property in the concierge-lounge sticky.
They will offer a $30 credit for breakfast each morning for Platinums on the weekend. Was just there a couple of weeks ago, but after a major mishap at checkout probably will not return
Old Jul 21, 2008, 8:38 am

I stayed at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile about 2 months ago and found that it was busy but not terrible.

I also found the following restaurants within walking distance...
I would stay at that property again just to go back to them!

Giordanos
Rosebud
Grand Lux Cafe

Again all within an easy walk.

-Fritz
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:34 pm

Programs: MAR Plat
Originally Posted by MikeBU
What specifically do you guys see as dated about the Chicago Ren? All that really comes to my mind is that it doesn't have LCD TVs... The furnishings all seemed current and all surfaces were marble everywhere, at least in the suites I always got...
They do now! Just spent last week there and the room had an LCD TV, new armoire and night stands.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: *wood plt,mrt plt, aa ex plt
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile

Going to be staying at this hotel next week, any room number requests?

Or a room facing which way?

Anything special at this hotel different from other Marriott?

Anything close to the Hotel not to miss?

Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2008, 7:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
This hotel has been much discussed in other threads. Do a search, and you'll likely find a number of suggestions/insights.

Ask for an upper floor. These have the best views. You can ask for a Lake Michigan view. Some of these can be pretty impressive, but most of them are somewhat obstructed (yet still pretty nice). The tradeoff is no matter how high up you are, you'll still get some occasional siren noise from Michigan Avenue.

The hotel itself is rather standard Marriott....only on a bigger scale. Rooms can be a bit smallish, but are otherwise mainly comfortable.

Most of the shopping options are to the north of the Hotel. Most of the dining options are to the North and West. No shortage of either!
Old Jul 27, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: US CP, UA 1P, MR Plt
I typically stay at this location 4 - 6 times a year and always ask for rooms ending in 36 as you can see Michigan Avenue, the coast, Hancock Bldg. etc. These rooms have two queen beds and windows on two sides for maximum view. The higher floors are the best for views (37 and up are best to view over other rooftops.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
it has the worst, most crowded elevator in the Marriott system

however if you are gold or plat, it has the BEST C lounge ever for breakfast. You would have access to a full buffet ($20 value I think). You enter through a different door than the restaurant, sit in the C lounge, but have access to all the food
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:33 am

Not sure if it's still there or any good, but I had a couple of great steaks in the JW's Steakhouse at this hotel.^
Old Jul 28, 2008, 1:35 pm
glg

Originally Posted by tfred
however if you are gold or plat, it has the BEST C lounge ever for breakfast. You would have access to a full buffet ($20 value I think). You enter through a different door than the restaurant, sit in the C lounge, but have access to all the food
I heard a nasty rumor it was going away with a remodel or something like that. It's in town for me, but I've stayed a couple times as an in town vacation.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP,Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold, Starbucks Gold card
I stayed there the first week of July. The remodel was done. The Lounge is now on the 2nd floor. Need to use the room key to access and open pretty much all day. I wasn't aware of the separate entry to the restaurant. But they did have their own breakfast bar. Love the location tho. And thanks for the advice on the rooms ending with 36
Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Any recent information on this property? Will be staying there next week for business.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:29 am

Programs: aa gold, usair silver, hilton gold
Thumbs up Springhill Suites Chicago Stay

^^I just completed a stay at the new Springhill Suites in downtown Chicago - had a great stay and would recommend it to both families and business travelers.
First, the SH shares the same building with the Residence Inn, which is not a problem, just different. The receptionist is on the 3 floor, and check in was seamless. As a gold, Ii received an end unit on a high floor, as requested. The property opened in April of 2008 so everything is very new. The room has a small frig and microwave, although I only used the frig as breakfast is supplied. The flat screen TV was very nice, although no HD channels.
The gym is on the 27th floor and is shared with the RI. The gym receives little attention on the SH website, which is a shame since it was very well equipped: 4 top of line treadmills (w/ TV and IPOD inputs), 3 elliptical trainers and 2 bikes along with basic dumbbells and a weight machine. The Pool and spa are adjacent to the gym, and you can watch the kids have fun in the pool while you work out. There are changing rooms with showers adjacent to the pool, but no chairs (kind of weird). On the same floor is a coin laundry that is shared by both properties.
The breakfast was very good - the protein during my stay was eggs and sausage patties you could use to make a breakfast sandwich. Also provided was a full range of juice, coffee ( provided all day), make your own waffle, cereal, fruit, etc. There are 2 large flat screens in the eating area, and 3 or 4 different papers.
Given its location, there is just about every dining option available. I ate at Harry Carey's across the street - excellent.
Overall, a very nice stay and value. Highly recommended.
Tim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.