Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis - Washington D.C. post renovation 2008 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis - Washington D.C. post renovation 2008 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2009, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Thanks for the post. I'm debating between this and the new W for a Q2 Promo stay in August.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Walking back into the Hotel this evening the agent did remember my name. That is worth a few points of credit.

Fireworks on the 4th! It was highly suggested we go to Lafayette park and view the fireworks. This was to save time from being on the Mall. Next year if you stand in front of the White House on the street and look about 45 degrees over the right tip of the White House roof towards the Kennedy Center you will have a perfect view. Now that is based upon not wanting to be in the crowds trying to get off the Mall. It was 7 minutes to the Hotel from that point. Enjoy!

Thanks for the compliments.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
BTW. The W has a perfect view from the roof. If that is open next year it would be nice. We heard that from someone sitting next to us at dinner. Dinner at Bobby Van's.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 8:43 pm

Programs: * A
I was trying to secure a few dates at St. Regis but it looks like most of the weekends are sold out this summer. Any ideas on availability, anyone?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 8:51 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by noirpepper
I was trying to secure a few dates at St. Regis but it looks like most of the weekends are sold out this summer. Any ideas on availability, anyone?
I've dallied in making my booking, so I am a bit concerned by your post. Did you check September weekends as well?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 9:00 pm

yes, it seems like blacked out even for paid reservations. I am calling PLT tomorrow.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 9:21 pm
Community Director Emerita

Something must have hiccuped on the hotel availability. It's showing none, irrespective of date, at any price. I even checked its announcements to see if it is being reflagged but there was nothing there.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Good news

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Something must have hiccuped on the hotel availability. It's showing none, irrespective of date, at any price. I even checked its announcements to see if it is being reflagged but there was nothing there.
This now seems to be fixed, as I just checked and I get both cash & award availability for every Friday and Saturday night in September.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 7:50 am

thankfully the glitch has been fixed. I can see availability too. I was wondering if some royal family has emerged on the capital and chose St. Regis for the July-Sept (the dates I had checked)
Old Jul 11, 2009, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
had a great stay here a few weeks ago....booked 2 free weekend nights & got an upgrade to a metropolitan suite....loved the bathroom mirror tv....great touch....
Old Jul 15, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA MM Lifetime Gold, BA Silver
I stayed here earlier in the month. I was interested to see the various comments on parking and valet. During my stay, I was lucky to find street parking, but I witnessed an event with the valet. Someone had his Maseratti parked with the valet for dinner. And when he went to retrieve it, his transmission was damaged - no reverse capability. He was quite upset and we all heard how it was a $180K car!

I didn't hang out front all night to see how it was resolved, but when I headed back in, there was phone call going out to wake up the Valet supervisor....
Old Jul 26, 2009, 2:16 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT Hyatt Diamond AS MVP75K Delta 1MM
Just completed a stay here. 2 rooms using free weekends award.

I am a little disappointed with the platinum benefits offered here.
I stayed once before several years ago, almost the same circumstances (sat. night stay during the summer). Both times no suite or other major upgrade available (I feel like I got the lowest category room both times). Rooms are not that impressive even after the renovations, but perhaps the suites and higher level rooms impress better. I was able to get connecting rooms (421 and 422), but the connecting doors were a real pain to deal with (automatically locked and swung closed). There was a wedding going on when I checked in, perhaps I'm just unlucky with upgrade availability.

The remodel of the bathrroms was nice considering the small size of the bathrooms. The TV in the Mirror was also very cool.

The plat. amenity delviered has a small bag of jelly beans (again not realy that nice).

I do not always expect an upgrade especially on award, but I guess 0 for 2 is starting to discourage me from staying at this place in the future. I wish properties like this would offer something to offset the disappoinment from lack of upgrade, bag of jelly beans ain't cutting it.

Is this an anomally or should I count this hotel out?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 9:47 pm
Suspended

Exclamation Adour Prix-Fixe Dinner thru 9/10/09

FYI:

Tuesday through Saturday
5.30pm -6.30pm
$49 per person

http://www.adour-washingtondc.com/up...PreTheater.pdf

Reservations are available via Opentable.com -- most times qualify for 1,000 O/T bonus points.

Enjoy!

I plan to do so!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Any recent updates, or more details on street parking? I'm heading there tomorrow for the weekend and the cheapskate in me shudders at $40/day for parking when the car will probably just sit there most of the time.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPRich
Any recent updates, or more details on street parking? I'm heading there tomorrow for the weekend and the cheapskate in me shudders at $40/day for parking when the car will probably just sit there most of the time.
I think you will have no trouble finding street parking but it is likely mostly all metered and you may need to feed the meter from 9AM - 6PM on Saturday, but Sunday it should be no charge.

Please advise what you find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.