Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Leaving Jan 2023] The Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Leaving Jan 2023] The Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily
Wireless Internet is available for free in the rooms if you are PLT. We were at Danieli in mid June 2012 and had no problem to sign on our iPads.
Great; thank you very much for clearing that up for me. The website doesn't talk about wireless in the rooms.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: Free Agent
What does this property do regarding a gym? I looked at the website, and it says "Fitness Facility Nearby".
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:52 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
RE: gym. They say they do not have one but you can use the one very close by at the ER...thats actually quite a haul in Venice terms.

We had a two night stay there last Friday and Saturday. Our SNAs cleared at the 5 day window so we were thrilled. We were in room 350. Upon entering the room, you walk down a short hallway containing a small bathroom (toilet and sink). Then you enter a large sitting room with doors and balcony loverlooking the lagoon. From there you enter a small work area that leads into the large bedroom followed by the large bath. Great room...great room.

We took the breakfast option, but 500 points posted as well. Breakfast was the full buffet...very good selection but eggs are the typical Euro-runny variety. I think we could have asked for cook to order, but we didnt. Sitting on the terrace overlooking the lagoon couldnt have been any better. We walked in for breakfast, gave them our room number, ordered our coffee and hit the buffet...thats all there was to it.

Internet in the room is limited to three devices for plats. It is free in the lobby area.

We had drinks one night at the small lobby bar.

I have said it here numerous times that the reason I stay w Starood on business is because I want to treat my family to great vacations. This stay makes it all worth while.

No issues at checkout with the bill...no wifi nor breakfast appeared on the bill.

Water taxi from airport to hotel was 110 and from hotel to train station was 60.

ciao
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:22 am

Question. I am planning to book the Hotel Danieli for two nights this upcoming October. I am torn between using 20k miles per night or $150 + 8000pts per night.

Thoughts on which one is the better deal?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by NatasNJ
Question. I am planning to book the Hotel Danieli for two nights this upcoming October. I am torn between using 20k miles per night or $150 + 8000pts per night.

Thoughts on which one is the better deal?
What's an SPG point worth to you? Multiply that value times 8000, add $150, and compare that to what happens when you multiply 20000 by that same value. The better deal is the one that comes up with a lower total in the comparison.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DHAST
What's an SPG point worth to you? Multiply that value times 8000, add $150, and compare that to what happens when you multiply 20000 by that same value. The better deal is the one that comes up with a lower total in the comparison.
do the cash and points. I would value the spg more than the 1.2 or 1.3 you are getting by redeeming 12k more points to save $150 bucks.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by schley
do the cash and points. I would value the spg more than the 1.2 or 1.3 you are getting by redeeming 12k more points to save $150 bucks.
+1
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:00 am

Junior Suite with lagoon view (SPG Platinum upgrade voucher): http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga.../hoteldanieli/
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Booked basic room as plat got a suite on 4th floor no view but still nice.
great position. San Marco flooded tonite. had to use the trusty iPhone to get home dry.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by aussielori
Booked basic room as plat got a suite on 4th floor no view but still nice.
great position. San Marco flooded tonite. had to use the trusty iPhone to get home dry.
Could you be more cryptic? How the hell does a phone keep you dry?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by dingo
Could you be more cryptic? How the hell does a phone keep you dry?
May be there is a new app which transforms the iphone into a hoovercraft...

I think he or she used a map or the help of the navigation to arrive the hotel with more or less dry feet.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Booked a night for 30,000 points ($400 retail). Suite upgrade cert confirmed a week prior for a no view executive suite ($900 retail). Checked into a fantastic canal view suite (don't want to say). Above and beyond. Keeps the faith in SPG.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:39 pm

Plat booking two rooms for a total of four -- 2A and 2C. Does anyone have any experience whether, in this case, breakfast amenity will be limited to just 2 of us? I'm about 50/50 on this issue in Europe when booking two rooms. There's a post in the Europa and Regina thread indicating that in this circumstance, the hotel was adamant that only 2 got breakfast. I'm wondering whether anyone has info about Danieli.

If the answer is just 2, does anyone know whether the bambini pay full price for breakfast?
Old May 29, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lkar
Plat booking two rooms for a total of four -- 2A and 2C. Does anyone have any experience whether, in this case, breakfast amenity will be limited to just 2 of us? I'm about 50/50 on this issue in Europe when booking two rooms. There's a post in the Europa and Regina thread indicating that in this circumstance, the hotel was adamant that only 2 got breakfast. I'm wondering whether anyone has info about Danieli.

If the answer is just 2, does anyone know whether the bambini pay full price for breakfast?
I don't know the answer from personal experience, but Pizza in Motion's recent review would seem to suggest the platinum breakfast amenity would be inclusive for two adults and two children.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by el_tigre
I don't know the answer from personal experience, but Pizza in Motion's recent review would seem to suggest the platinum breakfast amenity would be inclusive for two adults and two children.
Yup, that's me. We booked two rooms, both under my name (I'm PLT). We were informed that breakfast for all would be free, though no physical vouchers were given. The restaurant asked for our room number the first day and said everything was free. Never saw a check after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.