Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Leaving Jan 2023] The Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Leaving Jan 2023] The Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by alanslegal
can someone give me an idea on much will a water taxi roughly cost from VCE? thanks
Did you check the hotels website

Marco Polo Airport (VCE)
Travel Distance: Approximately 12.0 km/7.46 miles
Options for getting to and from the hotel include:
Public Water Transport by Alilaguna
Fee: 12 EUR; Per person
Hours:Hours of operation
Travel Time:90 minutes
About:
Public Transportation to St. Mark's Square: A public boat service run by Alilaguna is available on a regular basis from the Venice Marco Polo Airport pier to the boat stop San Zaccaria at St. Mark's Square. Tickets may be purchased with cash from the Alilaguna desk in the airport arrivals hall. The hotel is located opposite the San Zaccaria boat stop. Porter assistance is regretfully not provided.

Private Hostess Assisted Transfer
Fee: Fee for 1-2 passengers is 170 EUR, 3-4 passengers is 185 EUR and 5-6 passengers is 200 EUR. Charge is applied to guest's hotel bill. A fixed supplement of 20% will apply between 8:30pm and 7:30am. Rates are subject to change.
Hours: 24 hours
Travel Time:50 minutes
About:
The hotel is happy to arrange private hostess assisted transfers from Venice Marco Polo Airport. Private hostess assisted transfers are available all hours of the day and require an advance booking of minimum 48 hours with the hotel's concierge desk.

Charges include personal greeting by the hostess outside the luggage claim area, porter assistance, private transfer from arrival hall to airport boat pier, pre-arranged private water taxi to the hotel unaccompanied by the hostess. Complete flight details are required to arrange this service. Upon request, specially equipped motor launches can be arranged for guests confined to wheelchairs.

Water Taxi
Fee: 100 EUR; From 100 Euro for up to 4 persons, dependent upon luggage; evening (after 10pm) and early morning (before 7am) surcharge applies; cash only.
Hours: 24 hours
Travel Time:50 minutes
About:
Water taxis are available 24 hours a day and do not require advance bookings. They may be arranged directly upon arrival by contacting the Taxi Desk, "Consorzio Venezia Motoscafi," located at the extreme left of the airport arrivals hall.

A one way-water taxi fare from the airport to the hotel is approximately 100 Euro for up to 4 persons, dependent upon luggage. Taxi fares are payable in cash only to the water taxi drivers, and may not be charged to guest hotel bills. The water taxi station is to be found at the airport pier, a 5 minute walk (800 metres) from the arrivals hall.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 3:20 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by alanslegal
can someone give me an idea on much will a water taxi roughly cost from VCE? thanks
It's 100EU, and it's 100% worth it...when coming in from VCE you'll see a desk for http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/ you can pay right at the desk, cash or credit and then it's about a 7-10 minute walk to the pier.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Platinum here--Looking at 3 nights paid stay in first week October at Gritti, Danieli, or Westin..any recent stays and feedback on upgrades or rooms appreciated..
Old Dec 26, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
bump!

Any recent Plat stays at the Danieli? Successful upgrades?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
I'm in Venice at the moment, though not on a Danieli budget.

Thought I'd update a couple of prices up-thread.

Private water taxis were advertised for €110 at the airport.

Allilaguna was €15 one-way or €25 round-trip.

I was planning to have lunch at the Danieli just because.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: KF, SPG
Stayed in danieli while in Venice. Nice place but for $$ they charge there is nothing to write home about.

Bfast for Plats is free ...location on top floor is nice, great view but spread is so so. not worth 52 Euro PP if you have to pay for it.

during our stay service was hit and miss. Water Taxi from Airport to Hotel is 110 euro
Old May 1, 2012, 10:44 am

Stayed in a Luxury Room. Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....i-venedig.html
Old May 2, 2012, 12:04 pm

Quick update

The hotel consists of three buildings which are all connected. The one in the middle is the oldest building which was built back in the 14th century. They are doing a great job maintaining old furniture, decor, and structure.

I will skip the access info as it's been covered already and hasn't changed.

Room:
My booking was already upgraded to their Jr Suite in the main building before arrival. Although there was no direct water view, it was a huge room with bedroom/separate study/bathroom, and hallway (yes, within the room). Surrounded by old furniture and structure, felt like I took a time machine to go back to Middle Ages. While they kept old furniture, they also added modern technology such as a big flat screen TV. The floor was slightly inclined (and I proved it by rolling a water bottle) but hey it's part of the beauty.

The bathroom was huge - it was the size of an average apartment bedroom in the US. It took awhile to get hot water, but if you are here on vacation, what's your hurry?

After overhearing my conversation with concierge that it was my first visit, the lovely front desk personnel wanted to give an water view room which became available from the next day. It was a little bit smaller from Jr Suite, but still nice-sized and with more updated amenity, and of course water-front.

Two complimentary bottles of water were replenished daily.

Restaurant:
The restaurant on the rooftop had a breathtaking view - had breakfast while enjoying the amazing view. The full breakfast buffet costs you €52 pp, but it can be provided as your Platinum welcome amenity. The spread looked the same everyday, but it was quite relaxing and enjoyable even if I only had fresh fruit/croissant, good Italian coffee, and the view...

General:
The concierge was very knowledgeable and helpful. Got some good local tips. Well-established Venetian glass companies send their complimentary boats to the hotel regularly from Murano, and you can just tell concierge to hop on one of those.

After their factory tour which is fun, they can take you back to the hotel, or you can walk around Murano and make it to Burano via public transportation on your own pace - nice way to spend extra time to see the outside of Venice.

Other than the rooftop restaurant, you should spend sometime in the lobby, maybe have a drink or two at the bar, and enjoy the historic/glamorous setting as if you were part of it...
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by supari
Stayed in danieli while in Venice. Nice place but for $$ they charge there is nothing to write home about.

Bfast for Plats is free ...location on top floor is nice, great view but spread is so so. not worth 52 Euro PP if you have to pay for it.

during our stay service was hit and miss. Water Taxi from Airport to Hotel is 110 euro
Can you give more details on the breakfast please...type of foods and so on.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by FlyMan
Room:
My booking was already upgraded to their Jr Suite in the main building before arrival.
Flyman,

What category did you book to get this upgrade as plat? Thanks...
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Had a one night stay at Danieli during our recent trip to Venice. Got a Luxury lagoon view room, which is spacious and excellent view. Saw they have jr suite and other suite available online, but front desk guy insisted that highest room upgrade for PLT would be Luxury Lagoon View, not any suite. Is that true?

The breakfast buffet at rooftop was really great though.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I have a 2 night award reservation at this hotel in October. The current room type is the 2 twin join as king. The suite night award options avilable to me are Jr. Suite with Lagoon View, and Executive Suite with no view noted. I opted for the Jr. Suite with Lagoon View.

Curious if anyone can opine on whether these two room types are SNA worthy. Also, should I even use the SNA's or try my luck with a desk upgrade?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 1:12 pm

It appears that the internet access in the room is wired only; is that correct?

Wireless is available in the public areas; does anyone know if signon is required?

Kind of bummed that we won't be able to use our iPads in the room if it is only wired.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Originally Posted by dingo
It appears that the internet access in the room is wired only; is that correct?

Wireless is available in the public areas; does anyone know if signon is required?

Kind of bummed that we won't be able to use our iPads in the room if it is only wired.
Wireless Internet is available for free in the rooms if you are PLT. We were at Danieli in mid June 2012 and had no problem to sign on our iPads.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily
Saw they have jr suite and other suite available online, but front desk guy insisted that highest room upgrade for PLT would be Luxury Lagoon View, not any suite. Is that true?
It wasn't my case. Read my review above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.