Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Leaving Jan 2023] The Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Leaving Jan 2023] The Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Such a big loss. Pretty sad to me.

Hotel Danieli is going to leave Marriott and become a Four Seasons within 2024.

https://www.italy24news.com/business...CY4IiNxlFeisTk
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Another article on the move: https://cpp-luxury.com/four-seasons-...-venice-italy/ Four Seasons is to spend 30 milliion euros on the renovation
I was honestly not impressed with my recent stay at the Danieli in October. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite but everything was crumbling and I cut myself on the shower drain. Maintenance came over and apologized for the issue and the manager offered to comp a taxi to the JW which I declined as the JW already provided a shuttle.

I did get a promise of an upgrade should I return to the Danieli in the future which I’m not going to take considering there are better options in Venice but you can’t really beat the excellent location of the Danieli next to the Doge’s Palace.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Lets hope the Gritti Palace hotel doesn't follow in the footsteps of the Danieli in jumping ship, otherwise the Bonvoy Venice hotel options really will become limited to mediocre choices.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Lets hope the Gritti Palace hotel doesn't follow in the footsteps of the Danieli in jumping ship, otherwise the Bonvoy Venice hotel options really will become limited to mediocre choices.
The St Regis?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
The Gritti Palace seems to be owned by Qatar-based Nozul Hotels:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/starwoo...ion-1431462749

The Danieli seems to have been owned by an Italian group that went bankrupt a couple of years back.

I can't tell if Four Seasons is buying the property, or will just be managing it, the articles I've seen so far seem fuzzily written.

However, since the two hotels don't appear to share an owner, it doesn't seem that what happens to one has an impact on what happens with the other.
SanDiego1K and GUWonder like this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sad news!

No mention of transition date. Is it staying with Bonvoy until 2024?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 8:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by James Luckard
The Gritti Palace seems to be owned by Qatar-based Nozul Hotels:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/starwoo...ion-1431462749

The Danieli seems to have been owned by an Italian group that went bankrupt a couple of years back.

I can't tell if Four Seasons is buying the property, or will just be managing it, the articles I've seen so far seem fuzzily written.

However, since the two hotels don't appear to share an owner, it doesn't seem that what happens to one has an impact on what happens with the other.
Nozul has the St Regis Florence and the Westin Florence, along with the Gritti and some other stuff. The Gritti and those Florence properties certainly won’t be going with this Four Seasons’ pick-up of the Danieli.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Pushback in Venice?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bill-g...d-after-outcry

I'm not sure that I would consider the Daily Beast website as authoritative, but the widely reported transition of this property to the Four Seasons may have hit a snag.
submonte likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 9:25 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Interesting twist. As much as I would have liked to see this hotel pried away from Marriott's cold, dead hands, I'm glad to read that the owners are keeping the Italian spirit of the hotel alive and seeking an Italian designer to spearhead the renovations. Nearly anyone who isn't Pierre Yves Rochon - whose interiors are overrated, predictable, old lady-esque and ho-hummingly beige - is a better candidate for this legend.

khabah
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Also according to this source Marriott will continue to manage the hotel.

https://quifinanza.it/lifestyle/vide...enezia/598479/

https://quifinanza-it.translate.goog..._x_tr_pto=wapp
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt. Please swoop in. Please

​​​
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

False alarm.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP

Marriott Moments event is currently accepting bids.

Interesting that the Danieli's Marriott Moments event (currently bid is in excess of 622,000 points) was in process at the time of the announcement that the hotel was to transition to the Four Seasons (which has apparently fallen through).

Danieli Marriott Moments link
57skibird likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sadly, it says a lot that this iconic property (that was part of SPG long before Bonvoy) was trying to reflag and willing to spend a lot of money (on immediate renovations) to do so.

ADDED: I just received an email on the Moments event here.
UA-NYC and khabah like this.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 24, 2022 at 11:35 am
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Will be here for two nights next week. My SNA's cleared and we're assigned a Lagoon View Suite which looks quite nice. Anyone have any experience staying in this suite? I'm wondering if I'd be able to talk my way into a Signature Suite.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:01 pm

SNA room recommendations

We were just "walked" from The Gritti Palace for a stay next month due to a private group buying out the hotel, so we've been re-booked at The Danieli in a Luxury Room in the Excelsior building/wing. This is our first time in Venice, and I am Titanium Elite with Bonvoy so looking to use SNAs for our reservations. I'm given the following options - are any of these worthwhile to submit for or is it better based on anyone's experience to rely on my Titanium status?

- Lagoon View Suite, 1 bedroom
- Lagoon View Junior Suite, 1 bedroom
- Grand Dandolo Suite, 1 bedroom
- Dandola Suite
- Executive Suite
- Deluxe Lagoon View Room
- Dandola Room

Thanks in advance to everyone for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.