Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels on Maui

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2022, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I vote 3 nights Wailea Beach Resort and 2 nights Westin. If possible, do the Westin first, because the Marriott is a FAR superior property and location so you'll be happier saving it for last.
fruzmatik likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
another of the hotels with executive lounges for Platinum/Titanium?

having a bunch of 35k certs that I want to burn before expiring in June (top up with points). thanks
Old May 8, 2022, 3:08 pm

None on Maui will have a club lounge with elite access.

That said, the CY by the airport, and AC / RI in Wailea are your best bets for <65k.
Old May 8, 2022, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ntamayo
That said, the CY by the airport, and AC / RI in Wailea are your best bets for <65k.
That's no contest for the RI Wailea IMO.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Surprisingly, I see a lot of availability in Maui the week between Christmas / NYE… (all pricing 5 nights)

Ritz Carlton at 480K
Wailea Beach Resort at 406K
AC $845 + 241 / 416K
Sheraton at 281K
Westin at 325K

Ritz Carlton and Wailea would basically drain my Bonvoy account. But those seem like awesome properties. Any consensus on the relative value of these redemptions? Looking to book today
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
What is the beach situation at these three resorts:

Ritz Carlton
Wailea Beach Resort
Sheraton

We won't have a car, so we prefer a beach that is accessible right from the resort or a short walk. It seems like most of these hotels have a short walk to a beach, without beach chairs that can be reserved?

I currently have five nights at Ritz booked, but have the option to cancel by December 7. No cancellation option at Wailea Beach Resort or Sheraton.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 9:54 am

What's special about the RI Wailea compared to the AC Hotel? We mostly want somewhere nice to stay for 5 nights while exploring the road to Hana, hiking etc. The common areas look significantly nicer at the AC and the hotel is newer and the rooms look small but much nicer (at least the room with balcony). I don't need a kitchen. But I keep hearing of churners booking the RI as if there was something unique about it.

I currently have both booked for my dates, looking at which one to cancel. The AC Hotel is also cheaper (booking with points).

I have Titanium status if it makes any difference.

We have 5 more nights booked on points at the Sheraton where we'll do less hiking and more relaxing.

Last edited by drthunder; Dec 28, 2022 at 10:02 am
Old Dec 28, 2022, 10:46 am

You summed it up nicely. The RI is nice for those who want a full kitchen, otherwise the AC is probably the better choice.

I would avoid the Sheraton, though. Can you switch to the Ritz-Carlton or Westin? Or even the WBR Marriott is relaxing is the goal?
Old Dec 28, 2022, 3:56 pm

Thanks. I could do the Westin or Ritz-Carlton, but the Westin is asking for 109k more pts (despite similar cash rates), and from the reviews it didn't seem that much better than the Sheraton. The Ritz-Carlton is 468k pts for 5 nights, almost 179k more pts; it's outside my budget.

What's bad about the Sheraton? It seemed comparable to the Westin when looking at reviews.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by drthunder
Thanks. I could do the Westin or Ritz-Carlton, but the Westin is asking for 109k more pts (despite similar cash rates), and from the reviews it didn't seem that much better than the Sheraton. The Ritz-Carlton is 468k pts for 5 nights, almost 179k more pts; it's outside my budget.

What's bad about the Sheraton? It seemed comparable to the Westin when looking at reviews.
I had a pretty mediocre experience at the Westin. It has a beautifully renovated common area, but the service was terrible and the rooms in the old tower are pretty drab. The hotel has a policy of not providing complimentary upgrades to the new tower (the Hokupa'a tower) even when space is available.

I've heard the Sheraton is a bit older but their recognition of elites is much better. If I were you, I'd save the points and go with the Sheraton.
Polytonic likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by rucksack
I had a pretty mediocre experience at the Westin. It has a beautifully renovated common area, but the service was terrible and the rooms in the old tower are pretty drab. The hotel has a policy of not providing complimentary upgrades to the new tower (the Hokupa'a tower) even when space is available.

I've heard the Sheraton is a bit older but their recognition of elites is much better. If I were you, I'd save the points and go with the Sheraton.
100% this. You can always walk over to the Westin's beach if you want.

Honestly the biggest thing in the Westin's favor is direct beach access, but everything else was just kind of "meh" for me when I was there last year.
rucksack likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 7:29 am

Granted, my last stay at the Sheraton (which will be my last stay there, ever) was ~5 years ago, but the place was dilapidated with zero elite recognition. We went to the Westin for a dinner and were blown away at how much nicer the facilities were and how much more friendly the staff was.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Sorry to revive this after two years. For dates I'm interested in, the RC and the Marriott are similarly priced... is the RC nicer to make up for the lack of elite benefits or should I just stick to the Marriott?

For reference, RC & Marriott both around 350k for 5 nights, Residence Inn around 250, Sheraton and Westin around 280.

Edit: not Titanium, only Plat. Might have the 50 night SNA's by then, not 100% sure yet.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Sorry to revive this after two years. For dates I'm interested in, the RC and the Marriott are similarly priced... is the RC nicer to make up for the lack of elite benefits or should I just stick to the Marriott?

For reference, RC & Marriott both around 350k for 5 nights, Residence Inn around 250, Sheraton and Westin around 280.

Edit: not Titanium, only Plat. Might have the 50 night SNA's by then, not 100% sure yet.
I would select Marriott Wailea. It is more “oceanfront”, although the beach is a walk over. We loved our stay there a few years ago.
RC is up on the hill and while we love Kapalua, it just feels far removed from the ocean. Possibility of beautiful views if you get a good room though. I haven’t actually stayed there (just done a lot of walks around property) so I can’t say if it’s “nicer”, but your stay will definitely cost more due to fewer dining options, etc in the area.
Right now, I would rather stay in Wailea also because it avoids driving past the tragedy that is remaining of Lahaina. Personally, I’m not ready to see that. There are also more amenities in Wailea with Kihei also being close by.
Smiley90 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.