Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Delhi [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2009, 4:54 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Does anyone have the email address of the tour desk and/or concierge at this property? Thanks!
It is the same email address posted to their web site under "Contact Us".

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 23, 2009, 10:29 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by PHL
I'm tentatively booked to stay at the LM Delhi in mid May. I got in for 5850INR with our corporate discount. But all the web site would show me were smoking queen rooms. Non kings at all. Even when I changed dates, bed prefs, smoking prefs, etc., the only thing it would confirm was smoking queen. I had a choice of executive, airport transfer or basic rate. As a plat, I don't think I need to pay for exec. lounge access, right? As a plat, it's been a long time since I've stayed in a hotel with a lounge!
Wow! I have never seen it that cheap! The best I can do for mid-May is 6500. What dates are you looking at?

As for the smoking prefs, I always put in the notes that I require a non-smoking room. So far it worked all but one time. That time I had them replace all the linens and pillows. It was only one night so I lived with it.

As a Plat you will get lounge access. I enjoy this lounge. The airport transfer is worth it since I'd be paying for it anyway.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 5:58 am

Very nice breakfast in this lounge as well. Excellent service.

Cheers,
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
How much for the airport tranfser?
Old May 20, 2009, 3:11 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Finally had my 6am-11pm stay, INR 6000++.

I got a great suite at 5am already, renovated, huge plasma TVs, very nice bathroom. Didn't think much of the lounge breakfast compared to SE Asia, but not bad. No alcohol in the evening as it was a "dry day" due to the elections. Super slow internet PCs available in lounge, but appreciated anyway. Luxury tax 1850 INR.

Overall great stay.
Old May 20, 2009, 3:17 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by LH747FTL
Finally had my 6am-11pm stay, INR 6000++.

I got a great suite at 5am already, renovated, huge plasma TVs, very nice bathroom. Didn't think much of the lounge breakfast compared to SE Asia, but not bad. No alcohol in the evening as it was a "dry day" due to the elections. Super slow internet PCs available in lounge, but appreciated anyway. Luxury tax 1850 INR.

Overall great stay.
Thanks for the update!

The lounge breakfast isn't great for Asia, but free is always better than not free.

Did you get Plat amenity and stay credit for this less than overnight stay?
Old May 20, 2009, 4:02 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Originally Posted by yosithezet

Did you get Plat amenity and stay credit for this less than overnight stay?
Yes to both. Too bad my travel is down during the summer, looks like this is the only stay during the free weekends promo for me. Well, one coming up in Prague, but I have Marriott Courtyard BRG at 1150CZK, can't justify the Sheraton for 3x the price since I'm paying.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:34 pm
hsm

Programs: SPG GOLD, MARRIOT PLAT, AMEX CENT, FAIRMONT PLAT, PRIORITY CLUB PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, HYATT DIAMOND
Actually, currently staying at this hotel... We decided to stay here on this trip to India over the Shangri La, where we stayed last time in Jan 2008... Just to change things up... Reviews seemed somewhat positive for the Meridien... As a Starwood Platinum member, we were upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite... The room is very nice, but not too cozy, as it is extremely modern...

We choose to stay at a 5-star hotel, so that we could be catered to all our needs... In the first few hours of staying here, I was told "no" at least 5 times... 1. We came off a 10 hour flight and needed to feed our baby a snack... Went to the buffet and asked if we could have a small bowl of something to feed her, and that we would pay for it... They said no, we have to purchase the full buffet for $40USD... 2. Next, in the executive lounge, we went to bring down some snacks and soda for me and my family to our room... They said no, it must be consumed in the lounge... Ive stayed at many many hotels in my time and have never ever been refused... 3. Asked for a specific dish through room service, that is common in India, and they said no... and there were a couple of other instances... Spoke to the manager about theses issues, and he apologized that his staff didnt explain why they said no, but the answer was still a "no" but in a friendly way... This hotel lacks flexibility, which is definitely not a 5-star trait....

Overall, I guess this hotel seems to be a penny pincher... Went to visit the Shangri La to check it out... We went to the pastry counter, where they sell some amazing chocolates... While we were deciding, they gave all three of us a full chocolate to try on the house... We purchased a box of them... AT THE MERIDIEN, we went to their pastry shop, and did the exact same thing... We asked to try a chocolate, and they charged us for the trial... I know it is a small thing, but it should give you an example of how this hotel is.... and this seems to be the case with everything to do with this specific Le Meridien... The small things are what make your trip enjoyable...

Also, the rooms are VERY cold... The heating must not be working or something.... They even gave us an extra heater, which doesnt seem to help...

Lastly, the food prices here are ridiculous... EG: The lunch buffet in their main casual restaurant is 1700 rupees plus tax (approx. $40 US).. The food is just average including room service... Actually when we ordered room service, the breads we ordered were as hard as a rock...

I wouldnt stay here again, and would definitely go back to the Shangri La Hotel....

I hope this review helps...

ag
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:04 am

Thanks for the review. My experience last year was much better. One reason might be I've never considered Le Meridien Delhi to be a five star property. In fact, even with SPG it's only a category 4. Sometimes it's a question of expectations. For my part, for the price, value and location, I would definately stay there again.

Cheers,
Old Jan 17, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, UA 1K 2MM, CZ Gld, VS Gld, SPG Lifetime Plt, IC PltAm, Hilton Dmd, Shangrila Diamond
Strange hotel - many nice rooms, modern decor in many places -- BUT some real deficiencies. The fitness area typifies this -- a nice roof area and round pool - which coud be nice if the water wasn't the coldest anywhere and the locker room was not from the 19th century and there were decent deck chairs. If you get a good rate it makes sense but be prepared for inconsistency.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 5:05 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
currently sitting in the lounge of the meridien, and have to say that I normally get very good service at this hotel BUT this time I had an interesting hitch. Before I arrived in india, I checked spg, and saw that I had been upgraded to a club suite, including all the usual amenities and round trip airport transfers. When I checked with the FD re the trip to the airport tonight, they wanted to levy a charge. I explained that this was included in my room, but they didn't believe me, and was forced to show them a printed example of my confirmation. It is only coincidence that I had that with me.

so they read the confirmation and then still had to check with the duty manager if that was allowed. their explanation was that as plat we get the room upgrade but none of the amenities. I forced the issue and they accepted it. This afternoon, on checkout they wanted to charge the pick up that I had on arrival. Same explanation.

The airport pick up is a nice cash earner for the hotel, and I can't help wondering if the staff have been given new instructions regarding these type of issues. Maybe the hotel is having financial difficulties, otherwise I find it difficult to explain why a plat member has to confirm an amenity by showing a printout.

In the end the hotel resolved the issue with minimal fuss, and continue to provide great service, but it did make me wonder
Old Mar 31, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I wanted to contact the hotel via email to request some things for my stay.

At the SPG website, the contact us page shows this:

"For information on careers at Le Méridien New Delhi, please use the contact details below

[email protected]"

Since my questions are not related to looking for employment at the Le Meridien, should i still use this email address?

Rich
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:41 am

Anybody know how much a taxi from DEL to the Le Meridien would cost?

Is there a surcharge for 1am arrivals?

Thanks.
Rich
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by puchalskir
Anybody know how much a taxi from DEL to the Le Meridien would cost?

Is there a surcharge for 1am arrivals?

Thanks.
Rich
You can take a prepaid taxi -- either:

1. old-style ones (a/c or non-a/c) booked right outside the arrivals building if you take the right door exit when walking past the waiting area just beyond customs and where the hotel drivers are standing; or

2. from the easycab booth on the right side just after customs but before you get to the area where the hotel drivers with signs for named guests.

I'd go for 2 even as it involves a rather cheap parking fee surcharge.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:16 am

I'll take option 2. The LM was going to charge me 2000 INR for a pickup.
I'm assuming the prepaid will be a bit cheaper.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.