Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2010, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
needs competition

I usually stay here 2-3 times a year, but I agree they are less than great to Platinum members and offer nothing special on top of rates that are a bit higher than others in the area + parking. The problem is they are really the only premium hotel in the immediate SCP area so they can charge high rates and don't need to please the Plats. Some competition should help.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:49 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
The problem is they are really the only premium hotel in the immediate SCP area so they can charge high rates and don't need to please the Plats. Some competition should help.
The Costa Mesa Marriott (which is very nice) is down the street on Anton and a Hilton is on Bristol just south of the 405 ... all within a walking distance from the WSCP. They all charge for the parking.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by lax01
Probably be staying here in a couple of weeks...parking isn't free here? You can't be serious...and $20...that's even more of a joke
its the status quo for the hotels in the area...even the Wyndham charges.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:24 pm

You guys were all right. This is barely a Westin. Wifi doesn't work. Bathroom is old and hasn't been updated. Tile is dirty. Parking is in fact $20 and the garage isn't connected to the hotel. You have to park on the 5th floor. Feels like they converted holiday inn or something. And with parking cost its more expensive than my rate at the w in Hollywood. Never again.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:27 pm

Oh yeah and no upgrade to a suite as a plat....asked for a suite, she didn't even look in the computer. She just said no....
Old Oct 23, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: spg starwood -platinum, Hyatt Diamond
That's a tough break. I've had highs and lows at the property as well.

Last edited by theguyfromsocal; Jan 11, 2011 at 1:39 am
Old Oct 25, 2010, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA - Gold, SPG - Gold, HHonors - Gold
I checked in tonight for 1 night, finally got a suite upgrade after about 14 tries. Nothing spectacular, but ok in relation to everything. I actally had the manager check me in and I had to ask about them having suites available. Hotel looks pretty dead. This is the only hotel where I have been asked to show my id for my rate.

I am suprised 3 suite upgrades in the last 3 days.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 7:40 pm

Nice going Chuckisduck. Where were the other 2 properties that worked out for the suite upgrades?
Old Oct 31, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA - Gold, SPG - Gold, HHonors - Gold
The other two was Saturday Night at the Four Points sheraton Sacramento and Sunday Night at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento.

I spoke too soon, as the next two ways Sheraton Park Anaheim I didn't, the the garden grove sheraton didn't have any suites.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:47 am

Nice Stay At The Hotel This Past Weekend

I stayed at the hotel this past weekend and received a nice Jr. Suite upgrade on what was a very busy Saturday night at this hotel. With the previous head front desk manager being promoted to a higher post at the hotel, the front desk is now managed by Kay Shen. Kay is a delight to work with. In fact, she has made me feel very positive about this hotel again. You really could not ask for a better person managing the front desk at this hotel. She (and her staff) made sure my stay was problem-free. So, thank you again Kay and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. ^^
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Good to hear. Let's just see if this is a trend or a one-off...
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Good to hear. Let's just see if this is a trend or a one-off...
For sure... After watching this place go down hill for a while, it would take more than a good front desk manager to get me to come back. Actually, the Hyatt Irvine not far away is a very good alternative in the area. Stayed there a couple of times for work and they comp parking on many of the rates, incl. AAA. There's also a club.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:42 pm

Tommy ... I can not agree with you more on the Hyatt Irvine ... a great property. I should probably have (10) stays there this year.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Tommy;
For sure... After watching this place go down hill for a while, it would take more than a good front desk manager to get me to come back. Actually, the Hyatt Irvine not far away is a very good alternative in the area. Stayed there a couple of times for work and they comp parking on many of the rates, incl. AAA. There's also a club.
Originally Posted by theguyfromsocal
Tommy ... I can not agree with you more on the Hyatt Irvine ... a great property. I should probably have (10) stays there this year.
There is NO question that the Hyatt Irvine now gets my business whenever I'm in the area, especially now that Hyatt has matched me to Diamond That Westin is just not worth the hassle.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by sapguy
There is NO question that the Hyatt Irvine now gets my business whenever I'm in the area, especially now that Hyatt has matched me to Diamond That Westin is just not worth the hassle.
It is a bit of a schlep but the Hyatt Anaheim/Garden Grove always seems to be at least $50 a night cheaper than the other OC Hyatt's and you always get a suite.

I have never had an above average stay at the Westin SCP, 1 suite out of 12 or 13 stays. The Pinot restaurant is very good though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.