Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Gold Card - Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Any recent updates? Should I contact MI or JW Marriott Bangkok on the contact page?
Old Aug 16, 2009, 6:57 am

I used the contact form on the marriottgoldcard.com web site to contact the JW in Bangkok. Once I had the email and phone number of the lady responsible for the program, I called and bought the card. Great deal. They had the card waiting for me when I checked in. Paid it off in my 7 day visit, especially eating the buffets at the Marriott Cafe.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Thanks, I have my stay starting in Phuket JW in Dec, should I wait till closer to the time and ask for it to be sent there or could I get it sent to Sydney you think?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:12 am

I would suggest:
1) waiting until closer to your travel date
2) have them mail it to you in Sydney
In my case, I wanted to leave it until the last minute in order to maximize the likelihood it would be valid next June. Unless this is an issue for you as well, getting it in advance of your arrival is one less thing that can not go to plan.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:22 am

I have several food and beverage coupons, which I'm not going to use. If someone is interested, write me a pm
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:17 pm

Programs: le club accor plat adv plus; hilton gold;
Thumbs up update

^hi all - thought i would post a quick update. Just returned from thailand. Had contacted the gold card office in BKK 2 weeks prior to departure - emailed/faxed them cc details and had the card waiting for us at check in at courtyrad marriott phuket. Had also prebooked to use one of the vouchers (an awesome 999 bht per night - about $35 AUD). Used the card every morning for breakfast (making it $400 THB for 2 adults and 2 kids - age 3 and 5). They never chraged us for the kids except one time at dinner (charged for the 5 yr old) and we argued against it and had it overturned...Paid for itself in 3 days ...and have all the BKK vouchers etc unused...PM me if anyone interested. ALSO note that I assumed the card would have our name on it - they do not - are fully trandsferable and just have a number on them! The best deals - look at the website and click on hotel specials - you will see excellent rates (cheaper than what is in the package) advertsied at present. Happy to answer any q's - well worth it as long as you stay 3 or more nights! (and who isnt in thailand?!) Its a shame there are no part props in malaysia.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Changes forthcoming

Good things don't last forever........

"New benefit still need to sign from hotels to be the final but what I can tell you now is price will be increasing, dining card will non-transferable and no more 999 baht vouchers for courtyard properties, this is major changed for new package and around end of Oct I will can inform you exactly benefits."
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:07 pm

Couple of questions:

1) The regional benefits states "Five (5) accommodation certificates for a 50% discount on the rack rate. Each valid for 7 nights."

Does that mean I can get a 50% off the rack rate at the JW Phuket? (If available)

2) Five (5) certificates for a Preferential Marriott Gold Fixed Rate. Each certificate is valid for up to 7 consecutive nights, subject to availability and not valid during periods of high hotel occupancy.

Does anybody have any idea what this rate is like, should i call up Marriott reservations to get this rate or is there any code i can type in online to see it?

Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 6:19 am

For details about the benefits, it is easiest to contact the Marriott Gold Card folks directly. You can contact them at +66 2 656 9737 or via their web site contact page. I asked them the same question about promotion code and was advised that I needed to book any room through them in order to get the rate. In general, the rates are ok but the real deal on accommodation is the 999 baht rate coupons at the various Courtyards.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:34 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Originally Posted by ash_ak
Couple of questions:

1) Does that mean I can get a 50% off the rack rate at the JW Phuket? (If available)

2) Does anybody have any idea what this rate is like, should i call up Marriott reservations to get this rate or is there any code i can type in online to see it?
1) Yes.

2) Your member booklet will include a price list of all participating hotels and their "prefered" rate. Also you are able to see some of the rates for gold card members by using rate code "ZG4" at marriott.com. Note that some hotels do list the 50%-off rate as well as the preferential rate under that rate code so make sure that you read the specific rate rules carefully and have the specified voucher handy at check-in.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 3:34 am

Programs: CX GR, SPG/MR GE, Ritz Plat, Hilton S
I am going to Bangkok in November and would like to see who still has one of those vouchers/certificates on hand. Are there any birthday perks too for the vouchers? Please PM me.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 1:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
I used the gold card last year, made good use of it, and wanted to get one again for our upcoming trip in January. I contacted them to inquire about 2010 benefits and was advised that they are still working on them and will make them available in November...
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
I have some Accomodation coupons that expire on Jan. 31, 2010 that I will not be able to use. If any one is interested in them, PM me and I will send them to you. Specifially, I have:
1 night at Coutyard in BKK at 999++ Bahts;
Preferential Marriott GOLD card rate at most of the Thailand Marriotts;
50% off Rack rate for up to 7 nights at Thailand Marriotts;
some more coupons for spa discounts .

We are going once again in January and have already booked our accomodation without using the card. We on the other hand can use some dinner discount coupons for up to FOUR people dining togethere if any one has any spares ones that are valid in January 2010....
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Thank you Retired FF! Very generous of you.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Greetings from the JW Bangkok.

Just got the new membership details for the 2009/2010 Marriott Gold Thailand Membership Programm and as mentioned earlier in this thread Marriott did make some changes to the programm.

Changes are mostly made regarding the local accomodation benefits and not the dining benefits. So if you were using the card mostly to get some discounts on your food bills, no need to worry.

If you, like me, were using the programm to significantly drop your room rates for the participating hotels in Thailand as well as other Southeast-Asian Marriott hotels you will not be too happy about the changes.

Instead of giving "50%-off"-vouchers and "Preferred Rate"-vouchers for all participating hotels the new programm now gives you only one (1) voucher for each participating hotel within Thailand. Each voucher is valid for three (3) consecutive nights at the specific hotel only (vs. 7 nights under the old programm). So if you want to stay more than 3 nights or more than once at the same hotel you have to look for alternate rates or organise a second voucher for the specific hotel.

Participating hotels are splitted in two groups. Select service and full-service hotels. 2009/2010 select service list as follows:
  • Courtyard Bangkok
  • Courtyard Phuket Patong
  • Courtyard Phuket Surin
  • Courtyard Phuket Kamala
  • Courtyard Hua Hin Cha Am
  • Mayfair Bangkok MEA
  • MEA Sathorn Vista Bangkok
  • MEA Sukhumvit Park Bangkok

Special Membership Rate for above hotels is THB 1,999+++ and does include breakfast for 2 persons.

Participating full-service hotels are:
  • JW Bangkok
  • JW Phuket
  • JW Khao Lak
  • Renaissance Bangkok
  • Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa
  • Hua Hin Marriott
  • Pattaya Marriott
  • Renaissance Koh Samui

Special Membership Rate for above hotels is THB 2,999+++ and does include breakfast for 2 persons.

In addition to those voucher based accomodation benefits Gold Card members are now able to receive unlimited 20%-off discounts of the best available rates at each participating hotel. Advance reservation is required and you must show the Gold Card at check-in.

Regular Membership Fee for 2009/2010 is THB 6,900 net. New is that Marriott does now offer a Premium membership which comes at THB 8,500 net and includes a second, so called "Partner membership card". Be aware, the "Partner card" is only the card itself, no additional vouchers are given. Therefore you can only use the partner card for dining benefits or the 20%-off rates.

New membership rates are already loaded into the reservation systems, however the new membership booklet is not yet available. Current info is that it will be available in 4 weeks from now.

As you might know, the "old" 2008/2009 vouchers are still valid until end of Jan, 2010. So using those 50%-off vouchers is still possible. I booked one of the new rates for my stay at the JW this week and tried to use one of my old vouchers at check-in. Unfortunately it didnt work. Would have loved to stay here for THB 2,999+++...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.