FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Gold Card - Thailand
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:17 pm
mumof2sydney

Programs: le club accor plat adv plus; hilton gold;
Thumbs up update

^hi all - thought i would post a quick update. Just returned from thailand. Had contacted the gold card office in BKK 2 weeks prior to departure - emailed/faxed them cc details and had the card waiting for us at check in at courtyrad marriott phuket. Had also prebooked to use one of the vouchers (an awesome 999 bht per night - about $35 AUD). Used the card every morning for breakfast (making it $400 THB for 2 adults and 2 kids - age 3 and 5). They never chraged us for the kids except one time at dinner (charged for the 5 yr old) and we argued against it and had it overturned...Paid for itself in 3 days ...and have all the BKK vouchers etc unused...PM me if anyone interested. ALSO note that I assumed the card would have our name on it - they do not - are fully trandsferable and just have a number on them! The best deals - look at the website and click on hotel specials - you will see excellent rates (cheaper than what is in the package) advertsied at present. Happy to answer any q's - well worth it as long as you stay 3 or more nights! (and who isnt in thailand?!) Its a shame there are no part props in malaysia.