Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Print Wikipost

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2010, 11:11 pm

Update on my stay Saturday 5/22 1-night stay on points at Westin Verasa Napa:

The City of Napa tax was imposed on the Amenity Fee of $20, for an additional charge of $2.40.

We were assigned a standard room, as reserved. I asked about an upgrade, but was advised that none were available, as they had 98% occupancy. The room was on the first floor.

We had no time to enjoy any amenities other than the valet parking, as we were busy riding the very nice dome car on the Napa Valley Wine Train and then spending some time in downtown Napa, about 3/4 mile away...easy walking distance.
Old May 29, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by hillrider
Wow, fantastic.

Does that mean that there's a separate fee for the use of hot water? How about TV service?

There is a quota on the number of TV hrs and the number of gallons of hot water. If you go over, you get charged.
Old May 29, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, HH GOLD, PP
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
Do you have to pay the $20 reward fee with points and/or C&P reservations? If so, has it been reduced for Plats since we get free Internet anyway?
I've always been charged the $20 amenity fee when staying on C&P including during a recent stay. I'm a Plat.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Staying at the WVN tonight, and I regret to say I am not impressed. I was not told of the $20 resort fee in advance when I called to book, though I'm sure it was on the website somewhere. As others have mentioned, it includes gym, pool, internet, and parking. I haven't and won't use the gym or pool, I get internet with plat status, and I parked on the street (prior to being made aware of the unavoidable resort fee). I don't care to be pickpocketed like that.

Also - plat amenity not having wine as an option? I asked about it, too, and was dumbfounded that they didn't have a local amenity like that as an option. Totally lame.

And how exactly is this place a resort? It's a hotel cum residence/condo thing, but it's not a resort. Resorts are typified by things like spas/treatments, massages, golfing, organized things for kids, etc. This is a hotel by every objective standard I know of - not a resort.

I won't be returning, free weekends or otherwise.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by bpauker
Also - plat amenity not having wine as an option? I asked about it, too, and was dumbfounded that they didn't have a local amenity like that as an option.
I found it interesting that their choice was beer instead of wine.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, SkyMiles,Avis
Originally Posted by bpauker
Also - plat amenity not having wine as an option? I asked about it, too, and was dumbfounded that they didn't have a local amenity like that as an option. Totally lame.
It show a total lack of sensitivity for people who could be former alcoholics or just dont like wine. They really should have an alternative.

Is it the kind of thing *wood want to encourage?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by matt_in_yul
It show a total lack of sensitivity for people who could be former alcoholics or just dont like wine. They really should have an alternative.

Huh? Should they also not offer food in the restaurant because of a choking hazzard? Or a pool in case a guest has a fear of drowning

Two extreme examples I admit, but Napa is known for its wine for crying out loud. Having that as a Platinum amenity option seems like a reasonable expectation. Of course, I would take the 500 points anyway as I always do
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Nobody's forcing anyone to take alcohol (or even if you do take it, nobody's forcing you to drink it). There's always an alternative. You can take the local amenity, usually something like $5 off the mini-bar, or 500 points.

And the amenity they do offer is beer, so your point doesn't work with that either.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 6:24 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle

Two things:

1. That is the silliest thing I have ever heard. Well, almost. The silliest would be banning peanuts from all flights because a few people are allergic to peanuts. Why not, just as in the case quoted above, you simply say, "no, thank you" when offered? On a side note, I think the larger issue is the potential alcoholic traveling to wine country in the first place!

2. The actual point by the OP was saying that wine is NOT offered as a Plat amenity, but should be.

CLG
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by CLG
I think the larger issue is the potential alcoholic traveling to wine country in the first place!
There's more to Napa than wine.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:01 pm
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
There's more to Napa than wine.
I wondered how long this post would take to show up. My other post was slightly tongue-in-cheek.

Out of curiosity, what else is there to do in Napa besides food & beverage industry?

CLG
Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by CLG
I wondered how long this post would take to show up. My other post was slightly tongue-in-cheek.
You'd be surprised how many people actually believe it.

Originally Posted by CLG
what else is there to do in Napa besides food & beverage industry?
White water rafting or simply relaxing come to mind.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 6:27 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You'd be surprised how many people actually believe it.

White water rafting or simply relaxing come to mind.
White Water rafting in NAPA????

On the Napa River??

Is there a Napa in Colorado that you are referring to?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Vinodavid
White Water rafting in NAPA????

On the Napa River?
Yes, though Putah Creek is better.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
A couple of points -

1) AFAIK, there is no other Starwood in the Napa Valley. Closest is the Sheraton in Petaluma. So if you want to use SPG points, I wonder where else you will stay if you choose not to go back.

2) You could always take the wine and save if for a gift. It would save you the cost of buying a present.

3) I realize everyone has their own criteria but I did want to say I have enjoyed my stays at this hotel and have found all of the staff very friendly and helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.