Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Chelsea New York City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Chelsea New York City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2006, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
too lazy and it's not my job.

but, i would say the hotel is very conveniently located. if you have business in that part of town or like to be downtown, its one of the few options. the other downtown options are W Union Square and possibly the W Tuscany.
If you're listing the W Tuscany as an alternative, you need to include the W Court, as they're adjacent to one another.

75 stays is a lot for a hotel you clearly think is sub-par. Why bother?
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
If you're listing the W Tuscany as an alternative, you need to include the W Court, as they're adjacent to one another.

75 stays is a lot for a hotel you clearly think is sub-par. Why bother?
1) tuscany/court: that's assumed. no need to mention.

2) it's a perfectly acceptable hotel with warts as i noted. i couldn't possibly be more clear. i was just pointing out the warts. (i believe i said: "it's a perfectly acceptable hotel with nice beds.") so, i guess to specifically answer your question, none of your bee's wax.

Last edited by fly co to see the yanks; Jul 16, 2006 at 8:10 am
Old Aug 15, 2006, 9:26 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
I booked a Saturday stay at the Four Points for September. Usually stay at the W in Union Square but decided to try and save 6,000 points.

My confirmation email said the room is 210 sq ft. We will have my newborn son and will have to bring his portable crib. Is the "large work area" in these rooms big enough to put a crib? Or is this one of those rooms where your bags block your path to the bathroom? Hopefully I will get an upgrade but I am preparing for worst case.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 9:48 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, United Premier Executive
It will be a tight fit, although workable. And there aren't a lot of rooms to "upgrade" to since they are mostly the same size.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"hint: the room keys very regularly "de-magentize" for some reason."

Were you carrying it next to your cell phone? That can do it.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
"hint: the room keys very regularly "de-magentize" for some reason."

Were you carrying it next to your cell phone? That can do it.
That happened to me at this hotel in March, as well, and I was keeping it in my wallet (where I keep most hotel keycards, without any weird demagnetizing effect). Wasn't a major problem, but it was a little odd.

They did fail to give me a wakeup call on my second morning there, but otherwise, I'd recommend this property. Rooms are, as mentioned, stylish, though small, and the location is tough to beat. I walked to and from Penn Station, with luggage.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 7:48 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Argh - $445!!

Just booked a sales meeting in NYC for Sept 12, thought I would stay at my favorite NYC property (in my price range that is)... and low and behold, it is $445/night...

Last time I stayed it was $195... supply and demand? Looks like the Sheraton Laguarda East will have to get my business again... it's only $229... and great access to yummy food...

Btw - no *wood in Manhattan that week for < $400... madness...

T.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by AskTravis
Just booked a sales meeting in NYC for Sept 12, thought I would stay at my favorite NYC property (in my price range that is)... and low and behold, it is $445/night...

Last time I stayed it was $195... supply and demand? Looks like the Sheraton Laguarda East will have to get my business again... it's only $229... and great access to yummy food...

Btw - no *wood in Manhattan that week for < $400... madness...

T.
NYC hotel prices have been way out of control. Keep checking back. They sometimes lower their prices unexpectedly. I was initially going to book this hotel at $245 /night for a stay in September, which was low comparing to the other *wood at $345+ /night. That's why I started this thread.

A few weeks later, one of the W's had an internet special for $199 /night for only 3 days. So I switched Right when the W took their $199 /night away and adjusted back to $439 /night, the Le Meridien NY had an $199 /night internet rate again for the next 2 days. So, keep checking.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's strange that Starwood is ABLE to go that high considering there are a number of much better hotels that charge more or less flat rates..
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
It's strange that Starwood is ABLE to go that high considering there are a number of much better hotels that charge more or less flat rates..
Are you sure about that? For the nights I am staying in NYC (September), even the SUPER 8 motel Manhattan and the Holiday Inn wanted $299 a night. I am NOT kidding. The other hotels like Hilton, Marriott, etc all wanted $399+
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
For the nights I am staying in NYC (September), even the SUPER 8 motel Manhattan and the Holiday Inn wanted $299 a night.
Hopefully you weren't seriously considering to stay there...
Old Aug 17, 2006, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Are you sure about that? For the nights I am staying in NYC (September), even the SUPER 8 motel Manhattan and the Holiday Inn wanted $299 a night. I am NOT kidding. The other hotels like Hilton, Marriott, etc all wanted $399+
I must say, the Sheraton LaGuardia East is a great value... quick ride on the 7 into the city, good food around... and $200 a night cheaper than staying in Manhattan. I've been upgraded every time I have stayed there to a nice little suite, plazma TV and nice decor.

That said, I will take Chelsea any day

T.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 4:36 pm

Parking at the Four Points

Anyone have any recent experiences driving here? I have been paying $52 a night at the W and was hoping to not have to spend that much here. Am wondering if anyone knew their valet costs.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by ghia74
Anyone have any recent experiences driving here? I have been paying $52 a night at the W and was hoping to not have to spend that much here. Am wondering if anyone knew their valet costs.
Did you say valet?

From website: "A pay parking facility is available on 26th Street." No rates given.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ready2Go
Did you say valet?

From website: "A pay parking facility is available on 26th Street." No rates given.

It is funnier when you read it than when you write it.

Thanks, I looked on the site but could not find it, guess I will be paying about $35 a night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.