Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:25 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I'd do the taxi personally, they're not that expensive. Even on wheels, two large suitcases are a pain to pull through busy streets. In terms of safety there was obviously a one-off of terrorism recently but in general the concern is more pickpockets which are really bad on the street. I'd say it would be more of an issue of comfort than safety, however - I have walked to the bus with one bag and it's not that difficult.
I don't mind the walk since I'm a fast walker so it's likely only 5 minutes, my only concern is really just getting robbed on the street in daylight, which hopefully won't happen as long as we don't stop and look (party of two)
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:27 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by jix
I don't mind the walk since I'm a fast walker so it's likely only 5 minutes, my only concern is really just getting robbed on the street in daylight, which hopefully won't happen as long as we don't stop and look (party of two)
If you or your partner have a handbag type bag or a prominently displayed sticking out wallet I would put it in a larger bag that you're carrying or wheeling. If you do that it's very unlikely anything would happen to you.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:30 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
If you or your partner have a handbag type bag or a prominently displayed sticking out wallet I would put it in a larger bag that you're carrying or wheeling. If you do that it's very unlikely anything would happen to you.
Noted, thanks. It'll just be backpack and (neon color) luggage, nothing fancy.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:29 am

I have to throw this there. Would definitely stay here again.

great location for transportation as it's easy to get to via airport bus, 2 subway stops within a block, an amazing market a block way.

Hotel has a great breakfast! Buffet with omelette station and a rotating menu of some local items. Also some nice juice blends called "eye openers". They had sauna + steam room for relaxing after walking all day.

Staff is SUPER friendly (seriously super friendly). Our flight got screwed up by weather and we got there a day late, but even though it was a non-refundable rate, they manged to swing some extra spg point my way (basically if I had done the green choice). Room had a handwritten welcome note to us, some extra water (4 bottles instead of the standard 2). A basket of fruit also! I forgot to turn in the green choice vouchers, and they handled it for me via e-mail. The concierge service was very friendly and helpful on suggestions (they didn't steer us towards tourist traps, but places they go to for eating / seeing). The WhatsApp service was amazing and friendly with rapid responses.

All this would already push this to a great experience for me, and then... their front desk who helped me translate a phone call with Iberia for almost a half hour (if you've used Iberia's phone service, you know how lousy it is and how hard it is to get an English speaker sometimes).

You stay at a hotel for a room, the location, and a good price mix. But awesome staff / service make it truly enjoyable and this one was awesome!
Seattlenerd and CLEguy like this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question recent updates

I am planning an October stay. Any recent updates from FTs? (The most recent post was 5 months ago!)
Cruises out of Barcelona are becoming de rigeur. Is LeM convenient for transfers to the cruise port?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
I stayed in late May. I am SPG Gold, but they may have me flagged as Platinum there from previous stays over the years. In any case, the hotel concierge staff reached out in advance of my stay to see if I and my guest would like to attend a complimentary paella cooking class with paella, tapas and sangria included. I told them that that sounded great, but we would be 4 people on two separate bookings in two rooms, and could my friends on the other reservation also attend. They said absolutely, so all 4 of us got this meal. I was also upgraded to a junior suite, and there was a bottle of wine waiting for me in the room. Of any hotel I've stayed multiple times over the years, this one remains tops for its treatment of SPG elites for me. I've had numerous superb experiences over the years, including a gift of a $75 Le Labo candle (for both me and my friend who was sharing a room with me), an invite to a private dance performance, and of course many upgrades.
I have never cruised from Barcelona, but based on location of the port, this hotel should be quite convenient for transfers to cruises.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I am planning an October stay. Any recent updates from FTs? (The most recent post was 5 months ago!)
Cruises out of Barcelona are becoming de rigeur. Is LeM convenient for transfers to the cruise port?
We cruised from Rome to Barcelona in 2015 and stayed at LeMeridien. Very convenient.

We had two couples and quite a bit of luggage so we did not want to rely on one of the small taxis. Prior to our arrival we had the hotel's concierge arrange for transportation from the port to the hotel. The port is only 6-7 minutes away.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Stayed there for two nights in March. I'm Platinum. Very helpful staff. We were offered an upgrade to one of two rooms, if we didn't mind the fact that one of the two rooms had "two beds." Not quite sure what to expect, we asked how they were set up. Instead of describing them, the desk clerk offered to show us both rooms and did so. That was above and beyond.

(We picked the "two bed" room because, in European style, they were pushed together to make a single larger bed. It was also a huge room featuring distinctive designer furniture, with a separate internal hallway leading to the coffee service, closet area, and large bathroom.)

Hotel was pretty quiet, too, since it's just off the main Las Ramblas. I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of street noise where we were, facing the side street. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:26 am

posted in wrong thread; moved.

Last edited by haveric; Aug 13, 2018 at 10:48 am Reason: posted in wrong thread; sorry!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:38 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by haveric
Hi -- We're staying at the Le Meridien later this month and deciding whether to pre-purchase the breakfast buffet (they are offering a 50% discount). We are inclined to not buy it and eat breakfast outside the hotel but aren't sure if there are any decent cafes nearby. Can anyone comment on whether there are other decent breakfast options nearby? Thanks.
You are right in the center of everything and are literally just a few blocks from the market.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by spainlover
Of any hotel I've stayed multiple times over the years, this one remains tops for its treatment of SPG elites for me. I've had numerous superb experiences over the years
Just to balance this YMMV experience, I stayed here in February this year for two nights as a Platinum 75 and didn't get any elite treatment beyond the basics of the programme. I got the room I paid for and breakfast. No upgrade. And there's no lounge or Platinum drinks. Breakfast spread was basic for a Le Meridien compared to Asian Le Meridiens.

Service was good. They were all friendly enough. I had some Amazon deliveries waiting for me and I was impressed with them in the restaurant. But the treatment I got as a Platinum was about the same as Le Meridien Marrakech which is to say nothing of note.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Breakfast spread was basic for a Le Meridien compared to Asian Le Meridiens.
I suspect, for those of us who never stay in Asian Le Meridiens, the experience may be perceived a bit differently here. I was impressed and pleased. But then, I usually stay in only the US and Europe.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:37 pm

Stayed here recently and was treated very well as a platinum. No problem receiving 4 PM late checkout, free breakfast as a platinum amenity. I was given the room category I had booked, but that was their highest non-suite category so not being upgraded wasn't a big deal. They also sent up a complimentary bottle of wine as a welcome gift.

Reception staff greeted me by name as I came and went from the property. The location is also excellent if you're looking to play tourist in La Ramble, and soundproofing was quite good despite being on a heavy pedestrian traffic street.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:05 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Has anyone been able to book awards at this hotel recently? I've been getting a "this property isn't accepting points bookings" error on the website for months now. I should probably just give in and call but calling Marriott is such a frustrating experience these days...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
It pops up as an option for me with points. I just went to the site to check again (initially checking via the app but it then took me to the site. It gives me option to book for 50,000 points (well, actually I don't have enough so it gives me option to buy additional needed to redeem points) and has room held for me when I try to book.
Maybe try clearing any cookies?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.