FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:54 pm
spainlover

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
I stayed in late May. I am SPG Gold, but they may have me flagged as Platinum there from previous stays over the years. In any case, the hotel concierge staff reached out in advance of my stay to see if I and my guest would like to attend a complimentary paella cooking class with paella, tapas and sangria included. I told them that that sounded great, but we would be 4 people on two separate bookings in two rooms, and could my friends on the other reservation also attend. They said absolutely, so all 4 of us got this meal. I was also upgraded to a junior suite, and there was a bottle of wine waiting for me in the room. Of any hotel I've stayed multiple times over the years, this one remains tops for its treatment of SPG elites for me. I've had numerous superb experiences over the years, including a gift of a $75 Le Labo candle (for both me and my friend who was sharing a room with me), an invite to a private dance performance, and of course many upgrades.
I have never cruised from Barcelona, but based on location of the port, this hotel should be quite convenient for transfers to cruises.