Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:34 am

Here right now - can tell you I will not return. Too many good Marriott hotels in Barcelona to stay here.

SNA was denied (ok, but then suites given out at check-in?), broken things in my room (iron, clock/Bluetooth speaker), wrong bed type, couple in front of me (Platinums) got upgraded to a King suite for the same length stay and then I was in line right behind them (I’m a Titanium) and they said they had no suites left. Plenty showing left on the app, just too high of a suite category to upgrade me to, I guess? I asked for a high floor, got the 2nd floor with no view at all (unless you call a tree a view), way too loud from the street below, etc.

Book elsewhere.

Last edited by lockman21; Sep 19, 2019 at 11:41 am
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:38 am

I have a 6 night stay coming up in April (booked on points) and currently have Bonvoy Gold status through my Amex Platinum card. The renewal on my card is coming up and I'm debating how much the Gold status is worth when deciding if I want to keep the card or not.

Any insights on the benefits or likelihood of an upgrade with Gold at Le Meridien?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by inig0m0nt0ya
I have a 6 night stay coming up in April (booked on points) and currently have Bonvoy Gold status through my Amex Platinum card. The renewal on my card is coming up and I'm debating how much the Gold status is worth when deciding if I want to keep the card or not.

Any insights on the benefits or likelihood of an upgrade with Gold at Le Meridien?
Bonvoy Gold is certainly not worth maintaining the Amex Plat for - unless you're getting a lot of joy from the other perks. It's really only Platinum and above that's worthwhile.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Originally Posted by inig0m0nt0ya

I’ve gotten upgraded to a suite there a number of times as Gold. However, when I first stayed there, I was Platinum, and I think they sometimes still had that in my file (now Titanium).
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
In my experience staying there 6 months ago they do the bare minimum for elites. Booked two rooms as Titanium on a cash rate. At check-in I asked about free breakfast also for the other room my parents were staying in and they said no because the brand standards state they only have to offer free breakfast for the room the member is staying in. The manager actually reached out in the middle of my stay to say they were adhering to the brand standards. The funny thing is me and my wife do not typically eat breakfast but it was more not feeling like getting nickel and dimes when you’re loyal to a chain.

This is one of a few properties that made me turn to the competition and this will probably be my last year as a Marriott elite. Booking multiple rooms at the competition has turned out much better so far.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Originally Posted by BudgetJetsetter
In my experience staying there 6 months ago they do the bare minimum for elites. Booked two rooms as Titanium on a cash rate. At check-in I asked about free breakfast also for the other room my parents were staying in and they said no because the brand standards state they only have to offer free breakfast for the room the member is staying in. The manager actually reached out in the middle of my stay to say they were adhering to the brand standards. The funny thing is me and my wife do not typically eat breakfast but it was more not feeling like getting nickel and dimes when you’re loyal to a chain.

This is one of a few properties that made me turn to the competition and this will probably be my last year as a Marriott elite. Booking multiple rooms at the competition has turned out much better so far.
So strange when I read this. I stayed last year for a couple nights on a cheap rate as Titanium. My friend and I got upgraded to a suite, but they also reached out in advance to invite us to a paella cooking class and lunch with drinks. I said it sounded fun, but only if our two friends staying under a separate reservation could also come. So they invited us all for free. Not doubting your experience at all! Just saying treatment seems inconsistent.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:53 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by spainlover
So strange when I read this. I stayed last year for a couple nights on a cheap rate as Titanium. My friend and I got upgraded to a suite, but they also reached out in advance to invite us to a paella cooking class and lunch with drinks. I said it sounded fun, but only if our two friends staying under a separate reservation could also come. So they invited us all for free. Not doubting your experience at all! Just saying treatment seems inconsistent.
Your post of one of the original deciding factors in me choosing to book the property.

It was disappointing that treatment was inconsistent. I'm not going to blame anything other than inconsistency here. We were not even offered the welcome drinks from the cart that others were offered.
spainlover and ftrichard like this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 12:18 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Stayed here recently and couldn't really tell much benefit from Titanium status. No room upgrade, no suites though plenty available on web site. Ended up leaving a day early as it wasn't worth staying there over an airport hotel for my last night. Enjoyed the Hotel Jazz family room more on my last trip and it had even cost less. pretty disappointing stay.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Any recent stays? Location looks reasonable and the hotel is very cheap on healthcare rates. How does this stack against the EDITION?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 9:09 pm

I stayed a month ago for 2 nights using certificates. Was upgraded to a 2-room suite. I haven’t stayed at the Edition, so can’t compare. Was at the Cotton House for a month on a long-stay deal. That and the Le Meridien are my two favorite Marriott Bonvoy properties in Barcelona. Have stayed at the Le Meridien many times, as well as the Four Points by Sheraton, which is a good option when looking for a cheaper option.
The W is lovely if you want to be right on the beach, but I prefer the Le Meridien and Cotton House both for location and the properties, with the exception of if wanting to be right on the beach (the AC Forum is also right by the beach as a cheaper option). The Hotel Arts is a lovely property but not my preference on style, really.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by spainlover
Have stayed at the Le Meridien many times
I suspect that first time guests probably won't get the same kind of treatment, particularly if they're just booking into a base level room, whether on cash or points.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Kacee
I suspect that first time guests probably won't get the same kind of treatment, particularly if they're just booking into a base level room, whether on cash or points.
Thats a fair point. I stayed at the Barcelona EDITION last month and talked myself into a Loft room. Maybe if I return next week, they will reward my loyalty?
spainlover likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 8:34 pm

Fair, I’m sure it would depend not just on frequency at hotel but status with Marriott Bonvoy. I say many times - probably 15-20 times but that’s over almost a dozen years. Not like I was staying there 5-10 times a year.
I have lifetime status though - formerly SPG Platinum and now Bonvoy Titanium
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Man I am torn between paying 185 for LM vs 74 at Four Points Diagonal.
All I need is room for one night. By myself. Feel like I should spend that extra 100 on food/wine.
spainlover likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by MarkCron
Man I am torn between paying 185 for LM vs 74 at Four Points Diagonal.
All I need is room for one night. By myself. Feel like I should spend that extra 100 on food/wine.
my choice for October is $371 or $117

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.