Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2023, 1:22 pm

edit: nvm
Old Sep 2, 2023, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Some feedback from an AMB who recently stayed at the hotel. Elite recognition is downright awful...as in it's basically non-existent.

I booked my stay the morning of arrival (that's how it works sometimes for me). Arrived at the hotel a few hours later but before 3pm check-in and was told there are no rooms and I'd have to wait or come back later. I know the hotel was NOT full the night before, including for my room type.

When I inquired about an upgrade I was told, "Sir, you are going to get the best possible room for the rate you paid." That's a very kind way of saying "haha, not a chance."

They proactively asked me what time I would like check-out but when I started mentioning 4pm they scoffed. I moved it back to 2pm. Not worth arguing as I'll want to leave as soon as possible tomorrow.

Provided a choice of points or breakfast.

Zero welcome amenity waiting for me in the room. And the room is the loudest and smallest of the "kind I booked".

Overall, a really crap experience and would HIGHLY recommend you look elsewhere.

Early check-in - NO
Late check-out - MAYBE
Upgrade - NO
Welcome amenity in the room - NO
Welcome amenity at check-in - STANDARD per Marriott offerings

I'll never stay at this hotel again.

Will probably try to and find the GMs email address tomorrow on my way out to share some constructive feedback for them.

Internet connection in the hotel is an absolute joke. There's no login but it also means the internet just simply dies. It's not just in my room but in the lobby as well. The evening seems to be much worse. During the day it's a bit better and more reliable. If you have video/internet calls to make I'd look elsewhere. Note: this is my third hotel in Barcelona this trip and two of them had this issue (AC Hotel Sants was the other).

PS - yes, I technically "got what I paid for". Is that the point of being an AMB? I'm just thankful I will not renew AMB next year and instead fall back to Titanium (hit it naturally by a mile - but/ already lifetime).

-RM
pbjag, applesauce and Kara5930 like this.

Last edited by RobOnLI; Sep 2, 2023 at 2:21 pm Reason: Added comment about internet
Old Sep 6, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Originally Posted by jychen
Any recent stay? Wonder whether the upgrade chance is good or not these days.
i have basically always been upgraded there. I know others have had different experiences (eg RobOnLI above had a terrible experience), but it’s by far the hotel I have stayed at more than once or twice where I have had the best success in upgrades.
I did one night at end of July, arriving from NYC, at hotel by 8am and my junior suite with terrace was ready. Brought chocolates and drinks as a treat, 4pm checkout granted.
The hotel is not even in location I would choose to stay in in Barcelona as a frequent visitor, not a first-time tourist, but elite recognition and upgrades over the years have been so exceptional - from mega-upgrades to invites to paella cooking classes for me and 3 guests to a Le Labo candle gift - that I stay there if it at all makes sense.
Although I will be moving to Barcelona in a couple of months, so no more stays for me.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: Free Agent
[QUOTE=spainlover;35558457
The hotel is not even in location I would choose to stay in in Barcelona as a frequent visitor, not a first-time tourist, .[/QUOTE]
What Marriott hotel would you recommend for first-time tourists? and why?
Old Sep 6, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Originally Posted by canolakid
What Marriott hotel would you recommend for first-time tourists? and why?
depends a lot on budget. If with bigger budget, Le Meridien or Cotton House or Edition (not sure that one if staying with kids). Renaissance is also very centric. I think those are most centric for new-to-Barcelona visitor. The W has great views but isn’t in best location for sightseeing. The Four Points by Sheraton or AC Sants are good if on more of a budget.
canolakid likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.