Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by conroy

I used the car service to and from the airport (90 euros each way) as I had a family with luggage. They were on time and very pleasant.
90 euros each way when you pay no more than EUR 25 by taxi?!?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Indeed, that is crazy. Also, Cabify (Spanish Uber-equivalent) is very efficient for EUR25 too (Flat rate - takes Amex of course)
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nicolas75
He said family plus luggage. You know how small those taxis are. He'd have to split up the family in two taxis which isn't always an option for certain family members.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by factory81
FYI; Rates change. I am paying 56500~ points for 3 nights in the Jr. Suite in September (something like 18k a night). The Prestige is 30k/nt during that stay. My SNA's are applied, so I hope to get the Prestige rooms really. But I do agree that it seems like a great value for these suites. I thank SPG for offering this reasonable choice.
Reading back through this thread as things are a bit slow today and I'm doing more trip planning.

Would love to hear back after your trip or from others who have booked the Jr. Suite on points and then applied SNAs.

I believe this is what we'll be doing. I would love to somehow end up in the Mediterranean Suite, though I know that is technically out of reach of the SNAs. I would be willing to apply the SNAs and then also pay a reasonable cash or points fee to further move into the Med Suite. I simply cannot justify the 600 EUR/night cash rate that room books for outright...
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:19 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I received a prestige suite upgrading from a cash and points room with SNAs.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
I've been upgraded to a Prestige Suite a couple of times (pre-Suite Night Awards) as SPG Platinum, one time when booked on points and one time when booked on a cheap rate (less than 200 euros per night). I've also not been upgraded, so if you really want that suite, don't count on it. Just sharing my experience FWIW.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by spainlover
I've been upgraded to a Prestige Suite a couple of times (pre-Suite Night Awards) as SPG Platinum, one time when booked on points and one time when booked on a cheap rate (less than 200 euros per night). I've also not been upgraded, so if you really want that suite, don't count on it. Just sharing my experience FWIW.
All of this is just icing - nothing lost if we don't get it. We would be perfectly happy in the Jr. Suite that we have reserved, and even happier in a Prestige Suite. But we would be thrilled to have the Med Suite.

It does sound like the Prestige Suite is a pretty solid ceiling for either Plat upgrades or SNAs, and that's fine, I was just curious if anyone had lucked out and gotten upgraded beyond that.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Instead of "wasting" SNAs to go just from the junior suite to the Prestige suite, why not ask the hotel how many points (or how much cash) it would cost to confirm an upgrade to the room you want?

BTW, the Med Suite is really a junior suite (one large room with a sitting area and absolutely no wall or partition, plus a large desk in the entry) with a large terrace on the side street.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Instead of "wasting" SNAs to go just from the junior suite to the Prestige suite, why not ask the hotel how many points (or how much cash) it would cost to confirm an upgrade to the room you want?

BTW, the Med Suite is really a junior suite (one large room with a sitting area and absolutely no wall or partition, plus a large desk in the entry) with a large terrace on the side street.
Neither of those answers the actual question, though.

This is not "wasting" SNAs. I believe I'm getting good value out of my SNAs by using them this way. I've known the price of the Prestige Suite for quite some time: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...l#post24468152

I long ago decided I did not want to pay the extra 28.5k points for it, preferring instead to save those points for another 4 or 5 nights at a nice Cat 3 somewhere.

And yes, I know exactly what the Med Suite is. Which is why it would be the room I'd want, if at all possible. If not, then Prestige or Junior Suite are fine by me. I do have the ability to distinguish between my needs and wants, and value each differently.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: American Plat, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
He said family plus luggage. You know how small those taxis are. He'd have to split up the family in two taxis which isn't always an option for certain family members.
I'm not claiming this is the cheapest way to travel to the hotel. As I hadn't ever been to Spain, don't really speak much Spanish, and had a family full of luggage, it was an option that I chose to use to remove a potential problem from my family vacation. My room was free (points), breakfasts were free (plat), and this was not a huge cost barrier for me. YMMV, but the option was on-time, clean, and helpful for me.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:45 am

Just checked out from hotel.
As platinum, I didn't receive any upgraded room. Despite showing availability online I was told the hotel is sold out. I went to the front desk following days and same story.

I did see a bottle of wine upon entering the room. Breakfast was great!

Checkout took over 20 mins. Guests were lining up at the gold/platinum desk regardless of status. I think staff should have asked if there any guests with status so priority can be given.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by newbie0121
Just checked out from hotel.
As platinum, I didn't receive any upgraded room. Despite showing availability online I was told the hotel is sold out. I went to the front desk following days and same story.

I did see a bottle of wine upon entering the room. Breakfast was great!

Checkout took over 20 mins. Guests were lining up at the gold/platinum desk regardless of status. I think staff should have asked if there any guests with status so priority can be given.
Thanks for the (mixed) review!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:39 am

transfer from Barcelona airport to Le Meridien

The SPG website shows a ludicrous rate for using Le Meridien's transportation to/from the airport. How honest / safe is it taking a cab? (you always read about tourists being ripped off, and especially if you don't speak Spanish). Any other realistic options?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Cab is safe. Also, Airport bus runs to Pl. Catalunya (with only 2-3 stops beforehand), which is across the plaza and ~2 blocks walk down Las Ramblas to Le Meridien.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:54 am
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I've never had any problems with the taxis in Barcelona, and no problems in any city if I've asked the driver to use the meter.

The fare from the airport is about 30 euros to Le Meridien.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.