Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom, 2009 on [Master Thread]

Both the W and Le Meridien are smack dab in the tourist locations. so locale isn't an issue. I am checking out today after a week stay here.

Positives:
1- I was upgraded to a nice size Club room but not a suite. Has a nice size closet.
2- Personnel are super friendly
3- Premium Internet is free for Plats and is fast (7 Mb)
4- They offer full English Breakfast now in lieu of 500 starpoints in the restaurant. or you can choose continental in the club lounge (has hard boiled eggs) but is a very small spread
5- Good pillows
6- Bottle of wine, fruit and lots of water as in room plat welcome amenity
7- Quiet. Surprising since its on the main street.

Negatives
1- Uncomfortable hard bed. a pillow top should be added
2- No outlets (and I mean NO outlets) near the bed
3- Worst shower pressure I've ever had in any hotel anywhere. No exaggeration. Not sure if its just this one room, but beware.
4- While friendly, staff are unhelpful. I tore my trousers and asked the front desk about a tailor. they told me to ask the concierge. concierge had no clue where I could go. went back to front desk and they said why don't I walk around outside and look? are you kidding me???
6- TV is full of 40 news channels in every language. Where are the movie channels???
7- Small very crowded gym. Filled with personal trainers and their clients all day, every day. Makes it almost impossible to use.

After this stay I was considering the W next time. So if you like the W don't switch just to save a few points.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom, 2009 on [Master Thread]

I realize it may not have been clear... my stay was at the Le Meridien.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
3- Worst shower pressure I've ever had in any hotel anywhere. No exaggeration. Not sure if its just this one room, but beware.
Wow... That bad? That might even be a deal-breaker. The rest of it are things I can likely deal with - I like a firm bed - but weak showers are the worst.

Anyone else with any thoughts on water pressure at the LM?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Wow... That bad? That might even be a deal-breaker. The rest of it are things I can likely deal with - I like a firm bed - but weak showers are the worst.

I've stayed at the LMP about 80 nights over the last 4-5 years in a variety of different rooms. Regarding the issue of water pressure, I would say it is definitely room-dependent. I've noticed that it seems the higher floors tend to have better pressure. That said, I don't recall being in a room where the water pressure was *awful*, although certainly some are subpar, and none are fantastic.

My main gripe with the LMP has always been the inconsistency in experience from room to room. Some rooms are great, others not so much. Some rooms have large, spacious closets or wardrobes, others have almost no storage. Some rooms have a sufficient number of power outlets, some don't.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:28 pm

was there in May (for the 3rd time) and didn't
notice any pressure problems...

YMMV
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by eeebee
Regarding the issue of water pressure, I would say it is definitely room-dependent. I've noticed that it seems the higher floors tend to have better pressure. That said, I don't recall being in a room where the water pressure was *awful*, although certainly some are subpar, and none are fantastic.

My main gripe with the LMP has always been the inconsistency in experience from room to room. Some rooms are great, others not so much. Some rooms have large, spacious closets or wardrobes, others have almost no storage. Some rooms have a sufficient number of power outlets, some don't.
I have had similar experiences. If you are looking for consistency between rooms... this hotel is not for you. The various parts of LMP were obviously built at different times and a number of remodeling activities in different parts have resulted in a very heterogeneous set of rooms. Room layout, bathrooms, water pressure, light switches etc. are very different in some rooms.I think of these quirks as European charm. You may well find this unacceptable....
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
4- While friendly, staff are unhelpful. I tore my trousers and asked the front desk about a tailor. they told me to ask the concierge. concierge had no clue where I could go. went back to front desk and they said why don't I walk around outside and look? are you kidding me???
Wow.
After catching a show on Saturday night, my friend and I returned to the hotel just after 10pm and I was feeling the effects of a missed dinner. As we walked in, I simply asked the concierge where was the nearest place where I could get a quick takeaway sandwich (like perhaps a pret a manger). I was told there was absolutely nowhere nearby, that only full service restaurants were still open this late.

At no point was it even suggested that the hotel's own Longitude bar downstairs was still open and serving light food (including sandwiches) until 10:30pm. Fortunately, I came up with that solution myself and ordered with 10 minutes to spare and they packaged up my sandwich and chips for takeaway.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by pbarnette

The pressure was quite poor in my room. But the issue was exacerbated by the fact that you're standing in a small bathtub and there are the Euro hand shower heads at the bottom so you can't get in close to the shower attached to the wall. If you could it wouldn't be the worst ever. But in my room (728) it just didn't allow for much of a shower at all. If you're tall and or bigger than me you'll have even more problems. Really tough shower imo. But obviously ymmv based on other comments in other rooms.

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Jul 16, 2015 at 5:25 am
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The pressure was quite poor in my room. But the issue was exacerbated by the fact that you're standing in a small bathtub and there are the Euro hand shower heads at the bottom so you can't get in close to the shower attached to the wall. If you could it wouldn't be the worst ever. But in my room (728) it just didn't allow for much of a shower at all. If you're tall and or bigger than me you'll have even more problems. Really tough shower imo. But obviously ymmv based on other comments in other rooms.
Are there nice big bathtubs?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are there nice big bathtubs?
The bathtub in my room was quite narrow. The bathroom itself was spacious however.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
The bathtub in my room was quite narrow. The bathroom itself was spacious however.
I've found this to be true (the narrow tub) of every room I've been in, even the couple of times I've had an Executive Suite. I've never been in a room there with a large tub.

Regarding the size of the bathroom, this, again, is one of those things that varies wildly at this hotel. I've been in rooms where the bathroom is so narrow that you can barely get by the sink without having to turn your body. But I've also been in rooms where the bathroom is quite large (729 I think-or maybe it was 726) comes to mind.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
have stayed a bunch at LM ... never any shower problems. I'm quite sensitive to water pressure.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Thanks for the responses. I think we will go with the LM over the W this time. Seems like a decent enough place and the location is good. It is only a couple of nights, so not the end of the world if it isn't up to snuff.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Anybody has experience with SNAs clearing at this hotel? I might want to stay there in December over a weekend (friday to sunday) but would only consider this if the SNAs clear me into a suite...

Thanks for your experiences!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by djohannw
Anybody has experience with SNAs clearing at this hotel? I might want to stay there in December over a weekend (friday to sunday) but would only consider this if the SNAs clear me into a suite...

Thanks for your experiences!

Greetings - Dirk
I've been watching availability for this week and the last room category to sell out was the junior suite. That suggests to me, based on not very many data points, that getting the junior suite as either a SNA or a Plat upgrade, might be pretty easy.

BTW, of course it helps that you requested the SNA so far in advance, but obviously the number of nights you're staying can matter a lot as does the fact that it is a weekend close to Christmas. The problem with using (this year's) SNAs so late in the year is the risk that they'll be wasted if your upgrade can't be confirmed on this particular stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.