Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: marriott
Thanks so much for the pics. Good to know she was wrong. That will make my stay significantly better.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:55 pm

Quick question as I've never encountered this before.

I was upgraded to a club room at this property. The reservation even now lists a club room, with all of the benefits of a club room (breakfast, pressing, etc). After the check-in staff explained that I had been upgraded to a club room, explained where the restaurant, pool, etc (but not the club) were, I asked about club access and was told I would not receive club access ("Unfortunately, NO."). Is this normal when upgraded to a club room? I assumed that access came with the room.

I'm obviously not that bothered by it - I know I'm not entitled to any upgrade at all - but would have rather not been told I had been upgraded to a "Club" room if the room does not include club access. Tell me you put me in an nicer room of some sort, but drop the "Club" moniker (and don't change the room type in my reservation to reflect access) if I won't receive it.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I am currently here at the LPM, the "club" people are referring to is on the mezzanine level overlooking the lobby. They serve breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapés. It's always accessible for soft drinks, water and coffee, is there another lounge besides this?

LA2CDG
Currently in London
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 pm

I'm not sure, though that sounds correct - my only knowledge of it is that when I asked if my Club room came with Club access I was told NO. Go figure.

I'll be here for a week - wanna spot my wife an I a drink in the club?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Quick question as I've never encountered this before.

I was upgraded to a club room at this property. The reservation even now lists a club room, with all of the benefits of a club room (breakfast, pressing, etc). After the check-in staff explained that I had been upgraded to a club room, explained where the restaurant, pool, etc (but not the club) were, I asked about club access and was told I would not receive club access ("Unfortunately, NO."). Is this normal when upgraded to a club room? I assumed that access came with the room.

I'm obviously not that bothered by it - I know I'm not entitled to any upgrade at all - but would have rather not been told I had been upgraded to a "Club" room if the room does not include club access. Tell me you put me in an nicer room of some sort, but drop the "Club" moniker (and don't change the room type in my reservation to reflect access) if I won't receive it.
It is my understanding that if the hotel upgrades you into a Club room, then you should receive all benefits that are associated with the room, whether you purchased the benefits or not. I would recommend sending a PM to one of the Lurkers to provide a more formal response.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by LA2CDG
I am currently here at the LPM, the "club" people are referring to is on the mezzanine level overlooking the lobby. They serve breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapés. It's always accessible for soft drinks, water and coffee, is there another lounge besides this?

LA2CDG
Currently in London
Can you confirm this is the case? We were informed just the opposite ... only accessible when it is open (and all lights are out and doors are closed during other times).
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood

LA2CDG
Currently in London
Hmm...what you are describing sounds mysteriously like a club. What more aside from free breakfast, tea, afternoon snacks and drinks, and all day long soft drinks are you looking for?

Smart assedness aside, yes that is the club. And a decent one that that.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jibi
Can you confirm this is the case? We were informed just the opposite ... only accessible when it is open (and all lights are out and doors are closed during other times).
I've stayed at the LMP many times, and I can confirm that what you were told is correct. They turn off the lights and lock the doors to the club at, I believe, somewhere around 21:00, and it doesn't open up again until breakfast (can't remember exactly, but thinking around 6:30). Unlike some other SPG clubs, it is *not* accessible during nighttime hours to grab a water/soda or use the computers.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold

LA2CDG
Currently in London
The club that overlooks the lobby is the one and only club at the LMP. It is not, however, accessible during late night/early morning hours.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:54 am

Thanks for your replies.

I'm certainly not going to get Lurkers or other higher ups involved. As I said, I'm happy to even have a slightly nicer room. More than anything, it was the delivery that was off-putting. I'm going to head out in a few minutes here, and I'll stop by the club and see what happens. My reservation does now indicate indicate club access, so maybe it will all work out.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Thanks for your replies.

I'm certainly not going to get Lurkers or other higher ups involved. As I said, I'm happy to even have a slightly nicer room. More than anything, it was the delivery that was off-putting. I'm going to head out in a few minutes here, and I'll stop by the club and see what happens. My reservation does now indicate indicate club access, so maybe it will all work out.
i would suggest you get the lurkers involved....they will be able to pass on the information so that the hotel is informed to offer these benefits....not only will it help you but it can help others in the future who might find themselves in a similar position at this property....
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
i would suggest you get the lurkers involved....they will be able to pass on the information so that the hotel is informed to offer these benefits....not only will it help you but it can help others in the future who might find themselves in a similar position at this property....
Non-status members can now expect no more upgrades to club level rooms. THAT is likely the result of informing the property of the rules.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by clublounger
Non-status members can now expect no more upgrades to club level rooms. THAT is likely the result of informing the property of the rules.
status members would get club benefits if they are upgraded to club level rooms....THAT could also be the result of informing the property....
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
yes, it has a door seperated between living room and bedroom.

and yes, it has 2 bathrooms.
Not all suites in the property have two bathrooms.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by Keyser
status members would get club benefits if they are upgraded to club level rooms....THAT could also be the result of informing the property....
I am a regular at this property (250-300 nights between me and my wife easily)- we were never denied club benefits as plats EVER irrespective of the room type.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.