Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Montreal Le Meridien [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Montreal Le Meridien [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Super Larry
I'm actually staying at Le Meridien Montreal and got information from the staff that after Sept 10th 2022 people might not be able to book the hotel as Le Meridien anymore. Marriott was asking for major renovations to the property and the owners have decided not to invest what was needed to stay in line with the Marriott requirements. I'll check with my rep at the hotel to confirm this.

Stayed recently and I'm not very sad to see it go. The platinum breakfast was terrible. Hard boiled eggs, cereal, cold cuts, cheese slices. Best part were the croissants which were decent. I did get a nice suite upgrade though.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by FlySkyHigh
Stayed recently and I'm not very sad to see it go. The platinum breakfast was terrible. Hard boiled eggs, cereal, cold cuts, cheese slices. Best part were the croissants which were decent. I did get a nice suite upgrade though.
I'm actually staying at Le Meridien Montreal and got information from the staff that after Sept 10th 2022 people might not be able to book the hotel as Le Meridien anymore. Marriott was asking for major renovations to the property and the owners have decided not to invest what was needed to stay in line with the Marriott requirements. I'll check with my rep at the hotel to confirm this.
Stayed a handful of times over the past 3 years due to the cheap rates and my friends but it certainly felt like no other MB I've stayed at. It's honestly more suited for a rebrand if they make an effort to "Montrealfi" it. I know tat the owner ownes the Versailles hotel across the street so honestly they would be better off splitting from MB because I've never had an exceptional stay. The "suites" are JR minus presidential do the trick but there aren't real suites.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Got confirmation that the hotel is leaving the Marriott ship by mid-october. Will officially become independant.
FlySkyHigh likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
Leaving Announcement

Offiical communication was sent out last night:
Effective October 18, 2022, the Le Méridien Versailles will no longer be associated with Marriott but will continue normal operations as The Sens Hotel. Your reservation and rate will be honored.

ACTION REQUIRED:

Prior to October 18, 2022, if you wish to cancel your reservation or seek alternate accommodations; utilize www.marriott.com or within the Marriott Bonvoy app.
The current cancellation policy in place for your reservation will transfer to your new reservation at Sens Hotel.
For guests wishing to utilize Marriott gift certificates or gift cards, this property will be unable to accept these as a method of payment beyond October 17, 2022.

MARRIOTT BONVOY MEMBERS

Since the hotel will no longer be affiliated with Marriott, points and Elite night credits will not be earned. Membership amenities and benefits will not be honored.
Should you need assistance and wish to connect with a member of our Customer Care team, our email address is [email protected].
Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Officially Le Meridien Montreal will be history the morning of Oct 18th 2022. As mentioned in a previous post, Le Meridien will be out of the Canadian market.

I, for one, despite the various shortcomings of this hotel, will miss it terribly. It has been my home away from home for over 15 years, know most of the extremely friendly staff, was known by my first name there. I've seen two major renovations at this hotel, was there when the front desk was at the opposite of where it sits right now, when the restaurant entrance was at the right of the elevators, not from the lobby as it is right now, etc...

As this property had a sister hotel (The Chateau Versailles, right across the street on Sherbrooke Street) that was not affiliated with any brands, the owners have decided to play the tourists frenzy by advertising BOTH hotels now on Bookings, Hotels.com, etc...and not to pay the fees associated with a brand.

I talked to the bellboys at the hotel and most of the corporate accounts are leaving the property. I will also be leaving it, as the only benefit now from staying there will be a mere 500 Aeroplan points per stay...

It was a great run and I will cherish the memories of the friendship I built with the staff there.
dgreen12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.