Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Montreal Le Meridien [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Montreal Le Meridien [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Thanks - just to clarify, I've stayed at both the W Montreal and Le Westin Montreal within the last three months. I last stayed at the Sheraton Montreal in the summer of 2006 under my gf's Gold status and wasn't impressed at the time. I've also stayed at the now defunct FP Sheraton Centre-Ville. I am asking about the Le Meridien mainly because I am interested in trying it out (unless I get more additional negative updated responses) and also its the cheapest property so far that is allowing C&P for the weekend I plan to go.

I've already booked an upcoming C&P stay for Le Meridien Versailles, but will cancel it if others give additional negative feedback.

Thanks!

- yyznomad
Nomad, IMO the LM Versailles is the weakest of the Starwood properties in downtown MTL. The 4Points used to hold that title but thankfully it was put out of its misery. The LM is just too old, small & in need of a few $$ in renovations.

I'd suggest you try the Sheraton again. As a Plat you'll be surprised at the upgrades there.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mozzarella
Nomad, IMO the LM Versailles is the weakest of the Starwood properties in downtown MTL. The 4Points used to hold that title but thankfully it was put out of its misery. The LM is just too old, small & in need of a few $$ in renovations.

I'd suggest you try the Sheraton again. As a Plat you'll be surprised at the upgrades there.
Ok thanks - I'll do the Sheraton instead.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ok thanks - I'll do the Sheraton instead.
As a Plat, I have been consistently upgraded to a Junior Suite, at minimum. It's just two connecting rooms, with one portion as bedroom and the other as living room. Nonetheless, their recent renovation certainly makes it my preferred choice on a regular basis. Now, they just need to renovate their Club Lounge.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SPG Junkie
As a Plat, I have been consistently upgraded to a Junior Suite, at minimum. It's just two connecting rooms, with one portion as bedroom and the other as living room. Nonetheless, their recent renovation certainly makes it my preferred choice on a regular basis. Now, they just need to renovate their Club Lounge.
Renovation? Like, the rooms aren't tired and dingy? I just canceled my reservation but prior to canceling had noticed that I was already upgraded to a "Superior Room"... any idea what that room type is like? I've booked the Sheraton on C&P but now I'm second guessing myself... decisions decisions decisions!
Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:34 pm

any updates on this? My wife and I are debating on which hotel to stay at for our New Years trip to Montreal. Sheraton, Westin, or W? Maybe even the Hyatt? We barely made top tiers for both and wondering if there are any pictures and suggestions from people here. Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by peeyurr
any updates on this? My wife and I are debating on which hotel to stay at for our New Years trip to Montreal. Sheraton, Westin, or W? Maybe even the Hyatt? We barely made top tiers for both and wondering if there are any pictures and suggestions from people here. Thanks!
I would reccommend the W first for the Vibe, good location near old montreal, the 4th floor bar is outstanding. There is also a nightclub on the ground floor that gets really busy esp on weekends. #2 would be the Sheraton. Great location just below Ste Catherine street close to shopping and the restaurants on Crescent, amazing lounge on the top floor incredible views.. The Westin is a fine choice too, but I think that the W and Sheraton would be your best bets for new years. You cant go wrong!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 7:53 am

I stayed at the Meridien recently and had no issues with it. One block from Guy metro and one block from Concordia University. About four blocks walking to Crescent street.

The regulars room are small but I found them modern looking. All darker tones. I was only in the regular room on the SPG floors (floor 9 and above). LCD tvs.

The Junior Suites on the non executive floors were fairly large but did not come with LCD TVs. Both suites I stayed in were corners on non-SPG floors. They also followed the darker modern tones.

The lobby is tiny. Card access is required for floors 9 and above. The elevator plays weird new-age nature noises. Check-in was easy. I can't really speak about the staff customer service. They were nice but I didn't have to ask them anything outside of checking in and out. Free wireless.

Overall I liked it. Especially for the price. That said I am easily satisfied. If you can wing an upgrade with your status it might be worthwhile to you. Even then the I was able to get the junior suite for 135 at booking and was well pleased.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by peeyurr
The Hyatt is a dump with bad customer service (just check the threads there).
Le Meridien is as described- low key but perfectly acceptable. I've had hit or miss customer service. The free buffet breakfast for plats in the lobby is nice.

I personally don't like the Sheraton- had a couple bad experiences, but they do have a club lounge if you are into that.
I personally love the W- have stayed there over 30 times and get great treatment every time. They are generous with Plat upgrades, usually upgrading to a fantastic suite, but sometimes more.

If you search the W thread I've posted several picture reports of my stays there. I also prefer to stay in/near the Old Port when in Montreal for leisure, so that biases me towards the W and Le Meridien (which I also didn't mind, but prefer for business stays).
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Parking

What are parking options for this hotel?

I'm staying for a weekend and on the hotel website it just says "self park nearby" and "valet available". Anyone know estimates of prices and what street parking is like?
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:35 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by hejustlaughs
What are parking options for this hotel?

I'm staying for a weekend and on the hotel website it just says "self park nearby" and "valet available". Anyone know estimates of prices and what street parking is like?
Under Local Area and Transportation Options on their web site, I found this:

Parking Information
  • Nearby Self Parking (9 CAD per day)
  • Valet Parking Facilities (26 - 28 CAD per day)

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 1, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
The nearby self parking is at the monastary...

....or what ever the equivelant is for nuns just up the street on the opposite side of the road. You buy for 24 hours, you just put the $9.00 cash in the lock box (envelopes provided) and put the time you parked on a paper you display in the window of your car...its a very good deal for downtown MTL. but you will hand in handwritten receipts for your accounting department.
I use this all the time when staying there for personal trips...I'd say its a 2-3 minute walk from the hotel. The front desk will tell you where it is.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Sorry forgot to add...

...you can pay for multiple days at once so you dont have to go back each day.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Le Meridien is as described- low key but perfectly acceptable. I've had hit or miss customer service. The free buffet breakfast for plats in the lobby is nice.
Any more details on the free buffet breakfast - is the selection extensive? Hot/cold, protein?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Just finishing up a weekend stay here .. not sure why all the negative comments.. but then again, ppl just like to complain about everything perhaps...

Check in was fine. Was upgraded to a Jr Suite in the corner. Plat benefits include:
free cold breakfast buffet in the restaurant (don't cut it close on timing.. they closed early!)
--you can upgrade to the hot buffet for a few bucks more.
late checkout granted for 4pm w/o hassle
free wireless internet
free local calls

There's a 24 hr gym but it's more like 2 exercise bikes, 1 treadmill, and free weights in a small room. Great if it's just you but I can't imagine 4 people in there at once!

And yes.. there was a flat screen tv in my room.

Location is 1 blk from Guy Concordia Metro station, which is convenient if you are taking the 747 express bus from YUL (get off at the first stop - Lionel Groulx, then 2 stops on the metro).

All things considered, I think this property is just fine. Oh, and 100% smoke-free, which is a relief considering ppl in Montreal chain smoke.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Izzak I have a friend whohas stayed at this property twice now and really like it-and he is a picky SPG plat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.