Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I live in Atlanta (well the suburbs NW of the city) so I'll admit I've not stayed at any of the hotels other than the Whitley (ex-Ritz, now Luxury Collection, in Buckhead - really nice hard product and great service/elite treatment). Will you be having all your lunches and dinners at the conference? If yes, I've heard great things about the Glenn, and the rooftop bar is very popular with locals. If no, some of the best restaurants in the city are in midtown and midtown is quite walkable.

Please note, that MARTA does not run very frequently right now - not even during rush hour, and Atlanta traffic is horrible, so you probably want to avoid Buckhead unless your conference is in Buckhead. DUring rush hour it can take 1/2 hour to make the short drive to downtown (Buckhead is part of the city, fyi).
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Thanks everybody for your advice. I will go and take a look at The Glenn. My lunches will be at the conference, but dinners will be my own choice.

The conference itself is at the Georgia World Congress Center, so it would be an easy walk from the Glenn.

I agree that Midtown has a lot of nice places to eat. Good to know about MARTA. It was not that reliable for me last time I was in Atlanta. Too bad it has gotten worse, but I'm sure it's been affected by COVID.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I was looking at The Glenn and decided to go with The Bellyard - I can't say what drove me to pick it, except a couple of reviews that said there were more eating options in the area. Trip is not until August, so I can't compare, but curious if anyone has any comparisons between the two.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:41 pm

W Atlanta is a decent choice

I stayed at the W Atlanta downtown this past July. It was a quick 10-15 minute walk to AmericasMart (not sure if that is near where your event is). Offered me a full comp. breakfast (lifetime titanium member). Enjoyed the outdoor pool. Room was fine (was not there much beyond sleeping and some work on pc), clean & quiet. First time in Atlanta and did not have opportunity to figure out the area much.

I wandered in to the Marriott. It had a more “happening” vibe than the W - which may seem strange - probably because it is right beside AmericasMart. It felt a lot like the Marriott Marquis Times Square. Cold, corporate, concrete…

I appreciated being somewhat removed from the crowds.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
What about The Glenn? I am inclined these days to properties which respond to guest comments on TA with their personal e-mail addresses.
I will PM you with the one recently posted!
Here's my stay readout for the Glenn back in 2019 (Glenn Autograph Atlanta GA [Master Thread]). If you're more of a aficionado of smaller quirky hotels, the Glenn is probably for you. If you want a newer, less hipster place, I'd go elsewhere.

That being said, The Glenn is fairly close to GWCC.

David
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:39 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dcmike
I was looking at The Glenn and decided to go with The Bellyard - I can't say what drove me to pick it, except a couple of reviews that said there were more eating options in the area. Trip is not until August, so I can't compare, but curious if anyone has any comparisons between the two.
How was your stay?
Old Sep 9, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nexus7556
How was your stay?
The hotel was very nice - in a very newly developed section of Atlanta, with some nice bars and restaurants nearby (we ate at Barcelona one night and really liked it). We were there on a weekend and the hotel seemed to be the place to be on a Saturday night - the lobby bar/restaurant was packed and people were very fashionable. Definitely a hip vibe without being too pretentious We ate Saturday night in the hotel restaurant as we got to town pretty late and sort of had to jury-rig a place to sit. Food, however, was very good - I had the shrimp and grits and it was excellent.

I used SNAs and got upgraded to a suite, which was really nice. We were on the 4th floor and despite the lobby bar/restaurant having a patio we did not hear anything. The room was really well done - stylish and comfortable.

We parked the car valet (it was included in our room rate) but there is likely cheaper parking nearby. For the weekend we just used Uber to get wherever we needed to go - which worked just fine.

I was given a charcuterie plate as a welcome gift as Ambassador, which was nice. Room fridge was empty, no mini-bar.

Overall - would recommend. Some photos of the suite below.

Old Sep 9, 2022, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dcmike
The hotel was very nice - in a very newly developed section of Atlanta, with some nice bars and restaurants nearby (we ate at Barcelona one night and really liked it). We were there on a weekend and the hotel seemed to be the place to be on a Saturday night - the lobby bar/restaurant was packed and people were very fashionable. Definitely a hip vibe without being too pretentious We ate Saturday night in the hotel restaurant as we got to town pretty late and sort of had to jury-rig a place to sit. Food, however, was very good - I had the shrimp and grits and it was excellent.

I used SNAs and got upgraded to a suite, which was really nice. We were on the 4th floor and despite the lobby bar/restaurant having a patio we did not hear anything. The room was really well done - stylish and comfortable.

We parked the car valet (it was included in our room rate) but there is likely cheaper parking nearby. For the weekend we just used Uber to get wherever we needed to go - which worked just fine.

I was given a charcuterie plate as a welcome gift as Ambassador, which was nice. Room fridge was empty, no mini-bar.

Overall - would recommend. Some photos of the suite below.

Yah - if you liked what's shown in these photos, you'd probably wouldn't have been too keen on the Glenn.

David
dcmike likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 10:24 am

Atlanta Short Stay Suggestion

Hey All,

My wife and I have a one night stay coming up in Atlanta, GA and I am looking for a recommendation. We are there for a Saturday night event and will be leaving Sunday. The event is taking place in the Ansley Park/Midtown area so I am hoping to stay in that area. Specifically the event is near the Botanical Garden if that helps. I am not very familiar with Atlanta as I have only been in the airport on connections.

Any recommendations? It looks like the Marriot Suites Midtown and the Epicurean are nearby. I have never stayed at a Marriot Suites location. It does look like there is a Residence Inn but am willing to pay more for a more elevated/luxury stay for the one night.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
My suggestion would be the Ritz Downtown. You can walk to Midtown in 20 mins or so or a cheap uber ride. You can also take Marta. I've yet to try epicurean but I'd stay away from the Residence Inn.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
The AC Midtown is nearby the Marriott Suites, and a much more modern and attractive property, IMO. While every room at the Suites is a suite (though somewhat tired and smallish), the AC does have suites for sale.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
The AC Midtown is nearby the Marriott Suites, and a much more modern and attractive property, IMO. While every room at the Suites is a suite (though somewhat tired and smallish), the AC does have suites for sale.
From my browsing the Marriot Suites did seem a bit dated
Old Nov 20, 2023, 6:07 am

Marriott Atlanta North/Emory area: Old atrium style hotel, can be noisy. Room was good. Modern with small bathroom. Typical business hotel. Booked cheapest 1 queen room. Asked and received an upgrade to junior suite. I thought it is just a little bigger King room. Looking at the door map, it seems all the rooms on my floor are the same except 1 suite looking room. There is a M lounge open 24/7 for water and coffee. Did not check out the breakfast offerings but the time posted indicates breakfast is serve daily. Charged for parking. Took the point as my elite gift.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 9:04 pm

Did the Four Points Downtown at 166 Pryor Street ever actually open? It was on the website for ages, but now it's gone, and I can't find any sign that it ever opened.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 3:32 pm

Any opinions recently of the Twelve Downtown? Considering a trip to ATL with my six year old.

Other consideration is the Whitley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.