Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Glenn Autograph Atlanta GA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to oceane:

"Hotel parking is valet for $32. The Centennial lot is right around the corner and is $10 except special events (free if you leave by 6am). Parked a nice car there all week and had no issues (if you enter from the CNN side, you actually park next to valet)."
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium

been here for 5 night for a convention. This is a very nice hotel and would certainly stay here again.

The hotel was built in 1926. Rooms are a tad small but that is ok for me - they are certainly functional. The only weird part is that the wall between the bathroom and bedroom is glass with the shower AND toilet visible (and users thereof) to any potential roomate.

The bar is the highlight here. Bartenders are very good, great drinks and a very relaxed atmosphere

Food is good although they really havent got it together on the restaurant. Servers are a bit disconnected to the whole experience. They are competant, but really wander around more than one would like.

Front desk is professional, but they havent gone through Marriott training - really no recognition of Plat status. I had to remind them of the checkin gift. They know they are part of the Marriott chain, but that is it. They are very energetic though and aim to please.

I would make this my downtown ATL hotel
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update.

Cheers.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Thanks for posting the review. I also very much enjoyed my stay at The Glenn in the fall (fortunately I was staying by myself so the bathroom window wasn't a problem). It makes me hope that Marriott expands their Autograph collection to include additional options for guests to enjoy Marriott benefits at hotels that have more local character.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 7:47 pm

I wanted to add my two cents. First, I want to say that the Autograph collection is a WELCOME change from the cookie cutter Marriott hotel.

The Glenn Kitchen has good quality food. The cooks/chefs to a good job. However, as commented above, the front-end staff in the restaurant leaves something to be desired.

Also note, this property has a rooftop bar. I didn't think this would be troublesome until it got late at night and could hear the music from the room. You may want to consider requesting a room on a lower floor to compensate for the loud music. However, it wasn't on too late, and went off before midnight.

Overall, it was a very nice stay. The design touches and overall feel of the property make it an enjoyable experience.

Last edited by Tcutter; Aug 20, 2011 at 7:47 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta PL, Marriottt PL, Hilton GD
I have not stayed at an Autograph property yet. Are there any Plat benefits such as free breakfast or concierge lounge?
Old Aug 21, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Tcutter
a WELCOME change from the cookie cutter Marriott hotel.
Welcome to Flyertalk. And will note, Tcutter doesn't like cookie cutter.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by delraybusinesstraveler
I have not stayed at an Autograph property yet. Are there any Plat benefits such as free breakfast or concierge lounge?
Bump for answer to: "Are there any Plat benefits such as free breakfast or concierge lounge?" The Glenn Hotel, specifically.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premiere, WN A-list, Hertz President's Circle,
Most autograph hotels do not have a lounge... They are not required to, but if they happen to have one then they will often offer it to Plats. I have stayed at the Glen Twice, once for a week once for just a couple of days, I know at least when I did it just after conversion more than a year ago... I didn't get any free breakfast so I ended up walking over to CNN center and hitting Chik-Fil-A most mornings... While I actualyl enjoy the cookie cutterness of most Marriotts (What I am looking for is consistancy while traveling for work...) I certainly appreciate the option of burning points in an autograph collection when traveling for fun with the wife... While I agree the bar is a little loud when in the rooms it is also one of the best places to have a drink in Atlanta, what a view! It's worth it...
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I stayed at Glenn a year or so ago and got free breakfast option as a Platinum. I've stayed at another Autograph hotel in NY (Algonquin) and I also got free breakfast.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:48 pm

Uh folks, there is the exec lounge open/closed sticky.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13849211-post1.html

On this particular property all posts are from a year ago (re: open/closed), so if anyone has recent info it would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Camino1 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:28 am

Planning on staying at this property for a few days, checking out New Year's day.

Are there any Plat benefits such as free breakfast or concierge lounge?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by jl3549
Planning on staying at this property for a few days, checking out New Year's day.

Last report on the brekkie situation is from last year. Check the link in the post directly above this. My guess is the M-F has been expanded to daily.

Cheers.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by jl3549

I was there in May for three weeknights and a Plat breakfast was offered. Can't speak to a weekend offering.

Very nice staff, well appointed (though small) rooms. Nice bar, excellent location. It was nice to try, though I'm more of a standard Marriott guy, so I stay at the Ren Midtown or Marriott Marquis, depending on price.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat , HH Diamond , IHG Spire
July 4 2015

Platinum Gift- Points or $10.00 food & beverage coupon
Continental breakfast voucher for 2.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 5:56 am

Weeklong stay here last month. Fantastic stay. Excellent service staff. Complimentary wine hour for guests at the rooftop bar.

Glenn's soft furnishings show wear and could use a refresh.

My 8th floor room was QUIET. Double paned windows, quiet AC. If you're bothered by city noise at other ATL hotels, this may be one to try.

Hotel parking is valet for $32. The Centennial lot is right around the corner and is $10 except special events (free if you leave by 6am). Parked a nice car there all week and had no issues (if you enter from the CNN side, you actually park next to valet).

Note that this hotel is - literally - a quick walk to the soon-to-be MB stadium (Falcons football & soccer).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.