Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport YYZ [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport YYZ [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Originally Posted by CarNut
I have a one night stay booked on December 24 at a rate that includes 8 days of parking in the terminal garage. Which level in the garage is closest to the lobby level in the hotel?
Upperdeck.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AC, VIPorter, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
That's an understatement.

I've seen Sunday rates here swing from $89 to almost $300, with even corporate SETs blocked out on some Sunday nights.
Agreed. When rates are high at the Sheraton and you want a SPG hotel without having to wait for a shuttle, the Four Points (6257 Airport Rd.) is an easy 5 minute walk from Terminal 3.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:25 pm

Sheraton Gateway (Toronto) ...7000 points or $250?

I am an SPG Plat with a decent amount of points.

I am thinking the 7000 points is a better deal than $250 even without the stay credit?

Would you agree?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by chuck1
I am an SPG Plat with a decent amount of points.

I am thinking the 7000 points is a better deal than $250 even without the stay credit?

Would you agree?
if we are dealing with points v. cash - i would say pts.

but since we are talking about Sheraton Gateway, i would say:
- another SPG property in the LAX area
- or if stay credit/benefit is not needed...Priceline it
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Gold
I think $250 is pretty high...

I just stayed there yesterday, for $89... Pre-upgraded to Corner Suite, and got a total of 1,500 points.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
- or if stay credit/benefit is not needed...Priceline it
If you priceline it you would not receive Plat benefits, correct?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:02 pm

Gateway Toronto--4/3/2011 USD$250 or 7000 points?

Sorry...Gateway Toronto $250 on 4/3 or 7000 points.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
If you priceline it you would not receive Plat benefits, correct?
officially, no, but ymmv

i was really responding to the OP saying using points "even without stay credit,"
then go with priceline.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K; WN A-List; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; National EE
Neither would be my choice, but I am cheap, whether with points or cash. YMMV.

The Westin Bristol Place can be booked for $147 that night at SPG.com. It is a very short hotel shuttle ride (5-10 minutes) to YYZ if that is what you are after. It is a decent but not great property. Should be fine for a one-night stay.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:42 pm
DH

Originally Posted by chuck1
Sorry...Gateway Toronto $250 on 4/3 or 7000 points.
I'm going with 7000 pts for a night stay in July returning from HKG. I'll be checking for C & P option as date gets closer.

Last edited by DH; Apr 3, 2011 at 1:13 am Reason: spelling
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:00 pm

Not too impressed...especially for price

I used 7000 points instead of lowest AAA rate of CAD 244/night.

I had asked for a room on the airport side at time of booking, but was blocked into a room on the other side. The agent at check in was able to change this.

As a Diamond, I was upgraded to the club floor. I arrived after it closed in the evening.

No wireless in the rooms. Only wired internet is available and for that they forgot to deduct it from the bill. I had to call down to ask that it be done.

A Cobb with chicken was ordered through room service, but they forgot the chicken breast. The waiter was courteous and returned promptly, but for only the salad (no drink) I would have thought for CAD 32 including tax, service and delivery fee they would have checked it for accuracy.

The club breakfast is barely adequate. They did have hard boiled eggs and french toast but otherwise it is basic continental without any smoked salmon, meats/cheeses or oatmeal.

The attendant was overly chatty and that probably contributed to the orange juice and milk pictures being empty. The cereal dispensers also couldn't handle to granola and it kept clogging up.

I was also surprised they wanted you to fill out a form on the table and a first for me was a line for a tip for the club attendant. I don't object to tipping, but I was surprised this was out on the table. I went ahead and gave the attendant $2 and she seemed pleased.

I then went downstairs to check out. Only was agent was working and the line got to be a bit long. The manager did notice this and quickly brought out 2 other agents, but I'm not sure why they were in the back in the first place.

The agent quickly and courteously processed my check out but had to go to the back to get a print out. I'm a little confused why the front desk doesn't have a printer at each station.

Also, if you arrive T1, you have to take the train over to T3 where the hotel is located.

This is a bit of a pain and next time I will probably just go for a less expensive hotel and deal with the short shuttle ride.

Today the train was single track so I just missed it going from T3 to T1. It then came back and stopped at T3 before going off to something called Viscount and then back to T3 to return to T1. Overall waiting time 7 minutes exactly. This is too long for a internal airport tram. Maybe the GTAA is trying to save money on power during non-peak hours or maybe the other side was being repaired. When I arrived at the hotel around 8pm the night before, both sides were in order.

In summary, skip it unless you get a good rate or have a generous expense account.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:49 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport - $91 rate - 7/31-9/4/11 - Announced on Twitter this afternoon - "Special Rate Plan" NINENE - requires Prepayment - hope this helps some one.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by peteropny
Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport - $91 rate - 7/31-9/4/11 - Announced on Twitter this afternoon - "Special Rate Plan" NINENE - requires Prepayment - hope this helps some one.
Sure does! Was going to stay there Sept 4. BTW, according to the website, the code is NINEONE.

Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:31 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Sure does! Was going to stay there Sept 4. BTW, according to the website, the code is NINEONE.

Thanks!
I just double checked - the link posted on twitter leads to NINENE perhaps that's a misspelling of NINEONE :shrugs: - either way works I guess.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Staying at the hotel tonight. Note that both the Club Lounge and Fitness Centre are closed for renovations for the month of Sept I believe. The pool is still open, and I was offered coupons for free appetizers and breakfast in the restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.