Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport YYZ [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport YYZ [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Discovered yesterday that the lounge at this hotel is now only open in the evenings Monday - Thursday and for breakfast from Tuesday - Friday. Apparently this happened at the end of June and I have not been there since mid June. On a positive note, Club Level guests receive a $25 breakfast voucher and a $20 bar voucher. I did miss being able to pick-up snacks to take back to my room.

The lounge is still accessible for coffee and tea at other times, but soft drinks are now gone from the fridge.

Also, this hotel no longer has room service from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm and from 1:00 am - 5:00 am. I find it strange that they do not offer room service at lunch! With some assistance from the Front Office Manager I was able to resolve this.

On a related note, I was upgraded from a regular room to a standard Club Floor room. These rooms are identical to regular rooms. The extra are the lounge, comp internet and comp local calls. No bathrobes, shower gel, mouthwash, etc here.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Anyone know how many suites this hotel has? I have ever only seen the two on the Club floor.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Had two recent stays here.

Internet displayed as free, rather than wanting to charge/take off bill.

Both stays were weekends, so club lounge was closed. Note that your key still accesses the lounge, which is nice for grabbing soft drinks or bottled water to take back to your room.

Was on club floor both times, once in a corner room with bathroom off the entryway, very long hallway, and oversized bedroom. The other time in a room overlooking Terminal 3 gates and operations.

Was given breakfast coupons both times. When I went to the restaurant they asked whether I had vouchers, I was given a club floor menu to order full breakfast off of (it wasn't a $$-off voucher, I was given the menu of what's free to choose). Good selection, underwhelmed by the quality.

I was given $20 credit per person for the restaurant or bar in lieu of evening appetizers. So for $40 we had nice snacks.

This place is convenient convenient convenient and I can't imagine staying at a different airport hotel, it's attached to terminal 3 and the airport train system for easy transfer to terminal 1.

But to the question above, no idea how many suites they have, I certainly wasn't assigned one but did not ask.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:17 am

I've been upgraded to a suite twice. Same one both times.

It's on the lounge floor, end of the hall to the right. I seem to recall there is only one suite. It's very large, multiple rooms, with separate kitchenette and formal dining room. Two or three baths, I forget. Asian theme, modern decor.

I've also been given restaurant coupons for appetizers when the lounge is closed, even though I didn't check in until after 10 pm, well after lounge hours. Very nice.

Cheers,
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:26 am
Suspended

I've been in 2 suites there.. the last time was the "Prime Minister Suite" which had a long boardroom table in the living area and a separate king bedroom..
They really don't have a lot of suites and I know stay @ the Westin nearby if I want a bigger room (ie with kids ect..). The Sheraton can't really accommodate familes with a suite with pull out couch.. theres only a couple in the whole building.
Old May 22, 2010, 5:42 pm

Didnt get any Plat upgrade, not even mention of club lounge access, so basically no benefit at all
Old May 22, 2010, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by flyertalkbudda
Didnt get any Plat upgrade, not even mention of club lounge access, so basically no benefit at all
Should have asked! Lounge is closed on weekends, so they give out vouchers for appetizers in the evening, and breakfast in the morning.
Old May 23, 2010, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by flyertalkbudda
No amenity either? If you got "no benefit at all", especially when this is one of the properties that consistently staffs the elite/Platinum counter at check-in, it sounds to me like the computer didn't flag your Platinum status.

This property is very good at elite recognition. Why on earth didn't you mention it to the agent at check-in?

Cheers,

Last edited by Flews; May 23, 2010 at 7:54 am
Old May 23, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Flews
No amenity either? If you got "no benefit at all", especially when this is one of the properties that consistently staffs the elite/Platinum counter at check-in, it sounds to me like the computer didn't flag your Platinum status.

This property is very good at elite recognition. Why on earth didn't you mention it to the agent at check-in?

Cheers,
Agreed. In my experience this is the only property that consistently staffs the elite check-in line. Bravo to them!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Should have asked! Lounge is closed on weekends, so they give out vouchers for appetizers in the evening, and breakfast in the morning.
Did you ask?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:08 am

Programs: Just a kettle now :)
Originally Posted by gleff
This place is convenient convenient convenient and I can't imagine staying at a different airport hotel, it's attached to terminal 3 and the airport train system for easy transfer to terminal 1.
Not much more to add here. This property gets a big ^ from me. It's especially neat to get a room with a great view of the Terminal 3 apron.

-RS.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Stayed here on an overnight layover this week. Like people have said it's very convenient for flights in/out of Terminal 3.

Arrived around 7:00 PM on a Mon, was told that they've upgraded me to Club Floor but I asked for a room with a view of the tarmac so they switched for me. However, the room they then assigned me to was already occupied so I had to go back down to get another room assignment (quickly done along with an "apology" 2,000 points - already posted). Club lounge is nice but unremarkable with the temperature being a bit warm and stuffy in there. A slightly late checkout request (1PM) was quickly accomodated at check-in.

The biggest annoyance to my stay was that the internet access in the room is only wired with WiFi being available (and complimentary) in the Club and in the Lobby only. I wouldn't have cared if I was able to connect wired but that's not possible (at least to me) with an iPad.

Overall, a nice property with a very convenient location for flights. Although, the rates charged were quite a premium over other SPG properties in the area.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by peteropny
Stayed here on an overnight layover this week. Like people have said it's very convenient for flights in/out of Terminal 3.

Arrived around 7:00 PM on a Mon, was told that they've upgraded me to Club Floor but I asked for a room with a view of the tarmac so they switched for me. However, the room they then assigned me to was already occupied so I had to go back down to get another room assignment (quickly done along with an "apology" 2,000 points - already posted). Club lounge is nice but unremarkable with the temperature being a bit warm and stuffy in there. A slightly late checkout request (1PM) was quickly accomodated at check-in.

The biggest annoyance to my stay was that the internet access in the room is only wired with WiFi being available (and complimentary) in the Club and in the Lobby only. I wouldn't have cared if I was able to connect wired but that's not possible (at least to me) with an iPad.

Overall, a nice property with a very convenient location for flights. Although, the rates charged were quite a premium over other SPG properties in the area.
The rates here swing tremendously, as I'm a regular guest. If you're not flying in/out of Terminal 3, it's worth looking at some of the other properties. This one is no closer to T1 with a train ride than the others with a shuttle ride.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
I have a one night stay booked on December 24 at a rate that includes 8 days of parking in the terminal garage. Which level in the garage is closest to the lobby level in the hotel?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
The rates here swing tremendously...
That's an understatement.

I've seen Sunday rates here swing from $89 to almost $300, with even corporate SETs blocked out on some Sunday nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.