Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Buckhead, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Buckhead, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM, PC Plat, SPG Gold,
Westin Buckhead

Stayed in room 2022 and sadly discovered three black hairs in the tub and more on the floor as well as a giant black smudge of something on one of the bedspreads. The desk was missing a big chunk and the light fixture paper shade in the entry way was falling off. After reporting this on the phone I was offered 2000 points as housekeeping had left for the day.

Other than these small problems had a great time, the nicest people work in the hotel and despite another mishap in the Palm where I was over billed for a very mediocre steak (the worst of all the Palm restaurants I have visited) The shuttle driver John was super helpful and friendly as well as everyone at the desk. Would definitely go back for another visit. Birth Year promo was very good to me.

Upgrade was to an SPG floor which was fine but would have preferred no hair in the tub or on the floor.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
Ups and downs

As a plat with family booked a points room 2 doubles but requested a suite ahead of time through Plat concierge. Saw the upgrade to club level asked when we arrived very late midnight ish was tols none avail. Who knows should have called earlier in the day again to get it changed. Plus side is there club lounge has a nice spread onw of the better ones i have been to.

would reccomend but also be more proactive if you need something special

parking $30 awfully high bit it is what it is.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Sadly I must report that the best lounge in Atlanta is now closed for the weekends. This was high on the list of one of the reasons I chose this hotel. At least all of the Atlanta Sheratons now have club lounges open 7 days a week.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:07 am

Is there a rooftop lounge or seating area the Westin Buckhead?

We are contemplating a stay at the Westin on 7/3-7/5 for the Peachtree Road Race and also to watch the fireworks at Lenox Mall on 7/4.

Anyone who has stayed here have any idea if they have a outside sitting area that has a view of the mall? Can't tell from the website or pictures.

Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mrredskin
it's a no-brainer if you're staying and/or going to any of the major areas of ATL since the MARTA rail is only a block away, and Lenox is literally next door to this and the W. couple this with free parking and club floor... man, hella nice
Staying here this week, with car - where exactly is the free parking, just parking at the mall?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:17 am

There isn't "free parking" per say. The mall is across the small road on the same side of the street and there is parking there, but at your own risk. There is also a restaurant and small strip mall behind the Westin, but again parking overnight is at your own risk. I can't say for sure a parking lot security person wouldn't tow a car that is parked over night. Good luck!
Old May 3, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
Stayed here two weekends ago for three nights. Booked Deluxe (corner) Room as Plat, "upgraded" to same room type on higher floor. Asked about Studio Suite upgrade but told none available. Staff is generally friendly and efficient with unusually prompt and attentive valets standing out.

Room 1905 has great views down Peachtree of Midtown/Downtown. It's spacious and the furnishings are in good shape. Nice size closet and huge bathroom with separate shower stall and tub with window. Black pedestal sink and rose colored marble floors/walls are very 1991 and could use some updating but at $139/night on an AAA Hot Deal including parking and 2000 bonus points who's complaining? Heavenly bed is great as always.

Common areas are, for the most part, in good shape. Fitness room on 6th floor has decent cardio equipment but could use more weight machines. Indoor pool is small but functional. The Palm is off the lobby and there is a small gift shop on the lobby level and a Starbucks on the motor court level below. My one problem with the hotel is ingress/egress. It can be a little confusing if you don't know the area and heading south on Peachtree can be difficult to navigate(through the Shops Around Lenox parking lot). I did not use the lounge but I think it is now closed on weekends.

I have stayed at most SPG hotels in town and this is now my favorite at this price point. It could certainly use a refresh but has good service, clean rooms and a nice location. If price is no object and you want Starpoints by all means stay at the St. Regis but at<$225/night I will go with the Westin Buckhead anytime.
Old May 11, 2012, 7:18 pm

Heading here in a couple months. Curious if the lounge is worth paying for the upgrade?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Staying here this week, with car - where exactly is the free parking, just parking at the mall?
sorry for the 6-month delay, but free parking was part of a travelzoo deal back in Summer 2010. Similar package in 2011 but not as lucrative, I believe.

actually came back on here to see if anyone knew of another travelzoo promo or something similar. the marriott on the opposite side of lenox mall from the westin currently has one for 99-109.

that's a shame about the lounge being closed on weekends. they always had a NICE breakfast spread and the comp'd alcohol made it even better. made it a perfect spot for downing a few and then hitting up MARTA station a block away to a Braves game
Old Aug 22, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
did the AAA hot rate this past friday night (2k points, free parking, $125).

much nicer having the rates that include valet, for sure.

received no upgrade (SPG floor does not count as upgrade, IMO) and room was on 19. inquired about club access even though it was a weekend and was offered one for $50. really??? she told me the lounge IS open on weekends but only for breakfast - nothing in the evening.

room was nice. double beds instead of queen. blah. tub/shower only. hotel and rooms are still in great shape, although the lack of HD on an HDTV still pisses me off. straight coax. literally dropped an item on the floor next to the tv and it made ESPN go snowy. ...?

forgot to print out a one page doc at home and inquired about a business center at front desk. agent told me to email to him and he would print it out there at the desk so I wouldn't have to pay for it. very nice!

despite them seeming to be a bit stingy with upgrades (first time booked without a confirmed club floor), it's a no-brainer for a summer weekend rate with promos. Cleared roughly 3k points for one night at $145 after taxes.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: Free Agent
This is a run-down Westin. The lobby and public areas are nice, but the building is just old. Was originally given a room adjacent to the elevator, which had a musty smell. Switched rooms, and the new room still smelled musty as well. In addition, both rooms were really humid for some reason, even after running the AC. Rooms are smaller than average, and the walls are thin to the point where I could clearly hear my neighbor’s telephone conversations. My carpet had stains all over the room. Bathroom was large and clean though. Furniture was in very good condition. The desk has 3 power outlets built into it for easy access, but only one of the outlets was working.

The hotel is located 3 blocks from the Buckhead MARTA station. Buckhead isn’t the most convenient location for a tourist perspective. For example, it took me 50 minutes to get to the CNN Center. Most of the delay was waiting for the MARTA train, as they only run every 20 minutes on the weekends. Lenox Square Mall is right across the street from the hotel.

The lounge is closed on weekends, with the exception of breakfast. A continental breakfast is provided (fruit, pastries, yogurt, cereal). No hot foods are available. The gym is very large, and is packed with cardio machines. It has one weight machine, and some free weights.

This property isn’t up to Westin standards, and I’ll be staying elsewhere next time I’m in Atlanta.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:14 pm

Westin Buckhead Club Corner Room vs Ritz Regular Room?

I will have a four-night family trip to Atlanta and want to stay in the Buckhead area for easy access to the malls. I found for about the same price I can get
1). Club-level Corner room (440 sq ft) at Westin Buckhead; walking distance to malls;
2) Or, a regular room (360 sq ft) at Ritz Carlton; walking distance to malls;
3) Or, a "Superior Room" (440 sq ft) at St Regis, which is beyond walking distance to the malls.

Considering I have a one-year old who need to sleep in a crib in the room and be moved in a stroller on the street, which hotel should I book the nights for?

I am having difficulty picking between Spacious room vs proximity to malls vs high quality at Ritz/St Regis.

Any advice?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by destinio
I will have a four-night family trip to Atlanta and want to stay in the Buckhead area for easy access to the malls. I found for about the same price I can get
1). Club-level Corner room (440 sq ft) at Westin Buckhead; walking distance to malls;
2) Or, a regular room (360 sq ft) at Ritz Carlton; walking distance to malls;
3) Or, a "Superior Room" (440 sq ft) at St Regis, which is beyond walking distance to the malls.

Considering I have a one-year old who need to sleep in a crib in the room and be moved in a stroller on the street, which hotel should I book the nights for?

I am having difficulty picking between Spacious room vs proximity to malls vs high quality at Ritz/St Regis.

Any advice?
#1, do you have staus with SPG?
#2, I would go with the Westin, it is on the same side of the street, you will have club access to a club that is one of the better around, and if you have status, you may get upgraded to a suite. Yep, go with Westin.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 7:03 am

Thanks.

I'm Gold with SPG and Platinum with Marriott, but I feel my chance of upgrading is slim on either properties.

Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
#1, do you have staus with SPG?
#2, I would go with the Westin, it is on the same side of the street, you will have club access to a club that is one of the better around, and if you have status, you may get upgraded to a suite. Yep, go with Westin.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by destinio
Thanks.

I'm Gold with SPG and Platinum with Marriott, but I feel my chance of upgrading is slim on either properties.
You could also stay at the Marriott Buckhead (previously the Sheraton Buckhead), which across the street from the mall is well.

Approximately the same walking distance as the Westin to Lenox Mall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.