Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Woodsmit
Late Checkout Policy

Late Checkouts are subject to availability. Please note the following fees:

Between 11am and 12pm: Complimentary
Between 12pm and 2pm: 40 USD + tax
Between 2pm and 4pm: 99 USD + tax
After 4pm: One night room rate, tax and Resort Fee

Resort Fee

The resort has a mandatory 25 USD per day Resort Fee plus taxes. The Resort Fee covers in-room High Speed Internet Access, 2 bottles of water daily, unlimited access to full-service health club, unlimited domestic long distance (US mainland) and local calls, tennis equipment and access to the lighted courts, seasonal pool access and recreational activities. The Resort Fee was waived for SPG Platinums for reservations made prior to December 6th 2016, but the Resort Fee will be applied to subsequent SPG Platinum guest reservations at a slightly reduced rate of $20 per day.
Print Wikipost

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2004, 11:46 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
Rates For Us "Regulars"

Hi there, I was looking at the Swan for either Oct. or Nov. Unfortunately, I've just joined SPG recently and only have the AAA designation. I am looking at the Club level at the Swan or Dolphin and I'm interested in people's opinions on whether it is worth the extra cost. Also, I've only been able to get a Club leval rate of $385 USD/night (either through the web site or by calling SPG directly) - a far cry away from the $150-199 as posted above. I understand that these members are Platinums and received upgrades but should I be able to get a better rate than $385 USD/night ? Compounding the problem is that I am Canadian and, accordingly, are paying in "Northern Pesos." (No affront to anyone) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newre...e=1&p=2829942#

Any advice or insight would be appreciated by myself, Mrs. Singlepoint and our two little Singlepoints.

Cheers,

Singlepoint
Old May 16, 2004, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi singlepoint,

When I first originally looked at the Swan, club level rooms were over $330 per night then a few weeks later they fell back to $260 and the standard rooms reduced to $199.

I would probably wait to see if the prices came down.

In the end it is probably a question of how much you value the benefits, ( the greatest benefit probably being the breakfast selection). If you are back at the hotel between 5 & 8pm then you can have evening hors d'oerves ( and fruit too) but if you are not ( ie at the parks all day then you will not be taking advantage of the benefit)

The money you could save by not staying at the club level could then be spend elsewhere ( ie food in the parks)

Have a Zip-a-dee-doo-dah stay
Regards

TBS

PS- Also check out www.allearsnet.com for a detailed review of the facilities and special prices - http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/sd_discounts.htm#ae

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; May 16, 2004 at 3:42 am
Old May 16, 2004, 7:31 am

Programs: *Wood Platinum, BA Gold, Swiss Gold and dropping
We're staying at the Swan in August and used the 50% off rack rate with 1,000 starpoints offer, so our rate is $217.50 for a club level room in August. We're happy with that particularly as the Swan now shows no availability for our week in Aug.

Will try for a suite upgrade when I get there (SPG Gold, but always worth a try ).

Hoping for platinum this year...
Old May 18, 2004, 10:38 am
ski

Dolphin

Very impressed with newly renovated Dolphin rooms. Simmons B/R pillowtop bed for Starwood with Heavenly Bed type linens/ KOJO for Starwood white comforter. King rooms had small sofa bed that pulled out to a little larger than twin bed. Decor and color scheme was nicer than the newly renovated double room we were given in past at Swan. Excellent service.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 7:46 am

Thumbs up

Trip Update..

So, I've returned from my stay, and it was quite a nice one... Other than a long delay at check in, my stay was wonderful, and I'll be returning to the Swan next year.

I was in room 588, which has a terrace. I originally thought the view was Terrible, but then I stopped back into the room to change around midnight, and realized I had a better view of the PI fireworks than you'd have from PI.

The staff in the lounge, though, we amazing. It's a rare treat to find staff that dedicated to customers. I'm sure some of you will be able to attest to the kindness and courtesy they provide, because it was absolutely outstanding...

;p

Anyway, it seems like the rates are MUCH higher next June... so hopefully, some special promotions will pop up between now and then!
Old Jun 29, 2004, 6:01 am

Programs: spg plat, delta,cont. gold
upgrade with points not possible @ WD Swan

I am staying this weekend at the WD Swan using the buy 2 get 3 rate. When I called SPG about a possible upgrade using points to either a suite or Club floor I was told that it was not possible to upgrade using this rate.

Something doesn't seem right, I thought you can upgrade with points even with free nights.

Am I missing something?

SPG was quite helpful saying that although there are rooms & suites available, the computer would not accept the upgrade.

They made a notation to my reservation record for a comp. upgrade to club floor. Since I am a few stays short of platimun and still gold I think the likelyhood of that is small.

What gives??
Old Jun 29, 2004, 11:21 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by EQ4803
I am staying this weekend at the WD Swan using the buy 2 get 3 rate. When I called SPG about a possible upgrade using points to either a suite or Club floor I was told that it was not possible to upgrade using this rate.

Something doesn't seem right, I thought you can upgrade with points even with free nights.

Am I missing something?

SPG was quite helpful saying that although there are rooms & suites available, the computer would not accept the upgrade.

They made a notation to my reservation record for a comp. upgrade to club floor. Since I am a few stays short of platimun and still gold I think the likelyhood of that is small.

What gives??
In order for us to upgrade a paid reservation using Starpoints, the hotel has to make the upgraded room type available. Note: these room types must be attached to the rate plan used to upgrade for it to work from the Customer Contact Center.

Personally, I would ask at check-in for an Instant Upgrade award using Starpoints. Being Gold and getting a complimentary upgrade from the hotel to club level is not very likely.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jun 29, 2004, 2:51 pm

Lurker,
If at the time of check-in there are upgraded rooms available ( Club Floor for example), Using the 1000 points a night upgrade , am I entitled to this upgrade or are there other restrictions ?

Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:33 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by EQ4803
Lurker,
If at the time of check-in there are upgraded rooms available ( Club Floor for example), Using the 1000 points a night upgrade , am I entitled to this upgrade or are there other restrictions ?

Thanks
There shouldn't be any restrictions provided they are available. An extra 1,000 Starpoints per night would be good enough to get you on the club level. If they want to charge you more than that, please let me know.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jul 8, 2004, 2:13 pm

Thumbs up Westin Disney Swan

I stayed there over the recent holiday weekend. Overall I give the resort a very positive report. ^

I had booked two rooms using the by 2 get 3 promo . Prior to my arrivial I was unable to upgrade using the 1000 point upgrade award due to this rate. ( Starwood could not upgrade this rate code)

Great news for me, upon my arrivial, I was greated with a warm welcome and mention of my gold status along with a thanks for the business ( always a nice touch).

I asked for and was given access to the 12th floor club lounge. I was planning on upgrading at the hotel using points.

My room requests were for a balcony type adjoining ; and that's exactly what I received.

It appears that the hotel has an internal room rating system. The non-suite rooms are rated A thru D, with A being the perferred.

The hotel rooms and hallways have all been recently been renovated. The hotel itself in next to the Dolphin and share five pools and a beach area.

As usual, the Heavenly Beds were Heavenly. Great a/c The bathrooms are average with two sink areas.

Some helpful info:

There is a very convenient boat shuttle that will take you to Epcot and MGM.
Additionally, there is a bus that meets just outside the loby for transportation to the Magic Kingdom.

If you are traveling with kids, there is a childs camp call Camp Dolphin and if you dine at Shula's restaurant the restaurant will pick up the tab for the first two hours. ( Somewhat pricy )

The Sushi restaurant is great with Kareoke nightly.

The club floor is average, basic food , fruit cereals, danish etc. but it's perfect for the kids.

Had a fun time, will be back
Old Jul 9, 2004, 1:01 am

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
Thumbs up Swan and Dolphin

These are both great properties! The Dolphin is the only "Sheraton" to get "Heavenly Beds." I can't wait until all the renovations are done. The hallways are only finished on one floor in each hotel, the other floors (outside of the cabana look) are all experiements. These two properties keep me in Platinum all by themselves.

If you ever have problems with rates, give me a holler, I can usually find the government, teacher or nurse discount when others can't. Must be because it's my second home.

Debbie Johnson
www.heavenlydreamstravel.com
Old Jul 9, 2004, 3:31 am

I hope to stay at the Swan in November or December this year. I'll be SPG Platinum thanks to a Centurion AmEx. I also qualify for government rate and will likely have a Disney annual pass that offers exceptional rates.

Do I have to be concerned with how I book, and through whom (Disney, SPG, etc.) in order to get the SPG Platinum benefits? Will I be able to book one of those special rates and still be upgraded to best available room plus access to the Club floor?

Our travel dates are rarely known until the last minute, but I know it will be low season at Disney. Should I have any trouble getting last minute bookings?

Susan
Old Jul 9, 2004, 3:47 am

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
Originally Posted by SusanDK
I hope to stay at the Swan in November or December this year. I'll be SPG Platinum thanks to a Centurion AmEx. I also qualify for government rate and will likely have a Disney annual pass that offers exceptional rates.

Do I have to be concerned with how I book, and through whom (Disney, SPG, etc.) in order to get the SPG Platinum benefits? Will I be able to book one of those special rates and still be upgraded to best available room plus access to the Club floor?

Our travel dates are rarely known until the last minute, but I know it will be low season at Disney. Should I have any trouble getting last minute bookings?

Susan
There isn't a rate better than the government rate, if you can snag it, at the deluxe resorts. In fact, the actual Disney owned resorts don't offer the discount, but then they don't have heavenly beds either!

[edited by ldsant due to Violation of TOS - no commercial postings or signatures permitted.]

Last edited by ldsant; Jul 14, 2004 at 10:23 am
Old Sep 24, 2004, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA Global Services - 1 MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Platinum
WDW Swan Orlando

We have a family trip planned to Orlando in November and will be staying at the Sawn. We are travelling with another family. We both have young daughters 21, 28 months.

I am interested hotel feedback and suggestions from people who have stayed there.

Questions Include:
- Family Dining options in and around the hotel
- What parks would people suggest for that age, and best way to get there
- Any room requests I should make

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by oag123; Sep 24, 2004 at 3:28 pm
Old Sep 24, 2004, 3:06 pm

Done a search?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.