Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Woodsmit
Late Checkout Policy

Late Checkouts are subject to availability. Please note the following fees:

Between 11am and 12pm: Complimentary
Between 12pm and 2pm: 40 USD + tax
Between 2pm and 4pm: 99 USD + tax
After 4pm: One night room rate, tax and Resort Fee

Resort Fee

The resort has a mandatory 25 USD per day Resort Fee plus taxes. The Resort Fee covers in-room High Speed Internet Access, 2 bottles of water daily, unlimited access to full-service health club, unlimited domestic long distance (US mainland) and local calls, tennis equipment and access to the lighted courts, seasonal pool access and recreational activities. The Resort Fee was waived for SPG Platinums for reservations made prior to December 6th 2016, but the Resort Fee will be applied to subsequent SPG Platinum guest reservations at a slightly reduced rate of $20 per day.
Print Wikipost

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2003, 7:33 am

I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Swan, using points. We were "upgraded" to the club floor. However, our room had not been converted to a Heavenly Bed. The bed wasn't bad, but it wasn't heavenly, either. I have heard that some rooms are already upgraded, so you may want to request that instead.

Nonetheless, the club lounge at the Swan is fantastic for an early breakfast before hitting the parks. Say hi to Mama T. when you're there!
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Swan has oddles and oddles of Suites, but it's a shame that most of them are "Specialty Suites" that normally you aren't entitled to as a Platinum upgrade benefit.

But they do have Jr. and Regular Suites available, and I have been successful at getting some pretty nice ones (including Specialty ones), but it took a lot of mooching and I'm sure my being there only one or two nights help my chances as I wasn't tying one up for too long.

Check 'em out at:

http://www.swandolphin.com/explore/rooms_suites.html
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:53 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
I've been able to get specialty suites on a fairly regular basis. Color scheme is odd, but rooms are very spacious and very well appointed.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:19 am

Swan experience

WDW Swan. Arrived at 11.00pm...immediately had an argument about them charging the RESORT fee for THAT day...Got a regular room - no Gold u/grade or any mention. Too tired to argue further. The Hotel emptied the next day, so I sought out the DM and after a spirited discussion, got upgraded to a corner room overlooking lake. Pretty nice, but I fail to see why people find this hotel so compelling, it seemed worn and tired. I won't be back.

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 11-09-2003).]
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:30 am

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
agreed...i have never had a good experience at the WDW Swan...and i have stayed there five or six times.

i will say that it is nice they finally upgraded their beds inline with the rest of the westin hotels
Old Nov 9, 2003, 2:24 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RDY3238:
Arrived at 11.00pm...immediately had an argument about them charging the RESORT fee for THAT day</font>
how else are they going to get their nickel-and-diming in for that day if they take off the resort fee?
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:01 pm

I like the Swan. All the rooms we've recieved have been rather new looking. The furniture showed no wear and was always very clean.

The location is nice if you are going to Epcot and MGM Studios.

I don't think there is much else in that price range within Disney property with similar amenities.

As to the resort fee. I feel that if they charge resort fees for everyone then I don't see a point in arguing about it. Maybe if you arrived earlier, you would be able to take advantage of the amenities for a few hours more. My understanding is that the resort fee is for that night, when you check in until the 11am checkout time, not just during daylight hours.

[This message has been edited by Tummy (edited 11-09-2003).]
Old Nov 10, 2003, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Have to agree that the Swan wins big time on price and location. There's not many properties that put you in walking distance of two of the parks.

The resort fee - if it's charged to everyone, then why not just include it in the price????? We even had to pay it staying on the club floor. I made a couple of 1-800 phone calls, so at $50 plus tax, it looks kind of expensive

Old Nov 10, 2003, 8:40 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Swiss Tony:
The resort fee - if it's charged to everyone, then why not just include it in the price????? </font>
bingo. it's really silly.
Old Nov 10, 2003, 9:18 am

If they include the resort fee in the price it gets taxed differently and the hotel wont get the majority of the fee.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ne14snow:
If they include the resort fee in the price it gets taxed differently and the hotel wont get the majority of the fee.</font>
Seriously? I'd have thought they would just charge you $10 before tax, then make you pay the extra 14%.....

Or here's an idea, charge $10 for the rooms and $150 or so in "resort fees" saving us a **** fortune in taxes....
Old Nov 13, 2003, 10:51 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ne14snow:
If they include the resort fee in the price it gets taxed differently and the hotel wont get the majority of the fee.</font>

i've heard of weak arguments before, but this one takes the cake. even the hotels haven't used this one on me.
Old Dec 31, 2003, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
WDW Swan Questions

I've stayed at the Dolphin and Swan eleven times and just booked another trip for next October (14 nights). I'm SPG Gold and celebrating my 10th anniversary, so do you think there's any chance of getting upgraded to a suite? I booked a club level room but don't have enough Starpoints to upgrade to a suite for the entire time.

As an aside, I used to get a lot better upgrades at the Dolphin as a Sheraton gold and at the Swan as a Westin burgundy. Does anyone know why the upgrade policy seems to have gotten more stingy since the Starwood merger?
Old Dec 31, 2003, 6:53 am

I have stayed at both of these properties numerous times as gold & diamond. They tend not to recognize either equally. Most of the time they are booked solid and have sold all of the rooms that might have been used for upgrades, so they claim. Booking a club room, the best I have gotten over the last 5 years w/7 stays is a club room, however had the manager intervene for a cornor one which is a lot bigger. Good luck
Old Jan 14, 2004, 8:30 pm

WDW SWAN: Why do I have to wait until 5 days prior to my trip?

This stresses me out. We're going to the Swan and since they don't give upgrades to Gold members to CL anymore (only Platinum) I wanted to upgrade with points.....however, I was told I have to wait until 5 days prior to checkin to do so to check for availability. Why is my question? I'm Gold status (I know that doesn't often mean much....) but how is it that I am not even entitled to BUY my way into the CL. To be frank, I can stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for roughly the same amount as the Swan...and if I can't upgrade to be able to use the CL (I only care about the convenience of dropping by for breakfast, not the rooms frankly...my husband is cranky until he eats....so I'd pay alot more in pts than they ask) then I'll be tempted to jump ship.

Secondly, are the CL rooms at the Swan nicer than normal rooms anyway? Heck, I can make my own dinner reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.