Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Woodsmit
Late Checkout Policy

Late Checkouts are subject to availability. Please note the following fees:

Between 11am and 12pm: Complimentary
Between 12pm and 2pm: 40 USD + tax
Between 2pm and 4pm: 99 USD + tax
After 4pm: One night room rate, tax and Resort Fee

Resort Fee

The resort has a mandatory 25 USD per day Resort Fee plus taxes. The Resort Fee covers in-room High Speed Internet Access, 2 bottles of water daily, unlimited access to full-service health club, unlimited domestic long distance (US mainland) and local calls, tennis equipment and access to the lighted courts, seasonal pool access and recreational activities. The Resort Fee was waived for SPG Platinums for reservations made prior to December 6th 2016, but the Resort Fee will be applied to subsequent SPG Platinum guest reservations at a slightly reduced rate of $20 per day.
Print Wikipost

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:06 am

Programs: AC 75K, MB Amb
Originally Posted by EdV
Really? We always stay at the Swalphin as it's affectionately called and LOVE the walk back. So nice to not have to deal with shuttle or traffic or having to drive at all. In fact, we usually stop and play a game or such on the boardwalk on walk back or stop and get a drink. The proximity of being able to walk is the biggest draw for me.
Seconding - we love the walk back instead of waiting with the masses for the monorail or buses. The freedom to stroll, pop into a shop or grab a snack, at our leisure clams my anxiety instead of ratcheting it up with the transportation crowds. Timewise, the walk is often about the same as the boats (without the petrol fumes)
jimrpa and EdV like this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:06 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
I will be arriving at the port after a cruise early and will use one of the properties as the base for a two day / one night stay. I'll check in, leave my car at the hotel, spend the day at WDW, check out early the next morning, spend the day at EPCOT, come back to get the car and head to an airport hotel for a morning flight. I'm Titanium Elite.

Given this, is there any reason to spend a few thousand additional points to stay at the Swan over the Dolphin?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by BruceWG
I will be arriving at the port after a cruise early and will use one of the properties as the base for a two day / one night stay. I'll check in, leave my car at the hotel, spend the day at WDW, check out early the next morning, spend the day at EPCOT, come back to get the car and head to an airport hotel for a morning flight. I'm Titanium Elite.

Given this, is there any reason to spend a few thousand additional points to stay at the Swan over the Dolphin?

Thanks in advance.
We’ve stayed at the Dolphin, but not the Swan. Swan is smaller, whereas Dolphin is very much a large “convention hotel. They are connected by a short walkway, so distance to the parks is identical. If beds are a concern to you, Swan has 2 queens or a king, whereas Dolphin has 2 doubles or a king. If that’s not a concern I’d take the one that costs fewer points.
BruceWG likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by BruceWG

Thanks in advance.
I have stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin many times. In addition to the difference in the size of the beds (if not doing a king room), the bathrooms in the Dolphin’s normal rooms are quite tiny, while the Swan’s bathrooms are more reasonably sized, with two sinks - one in the bathroom itself and one in a dressing area outside the bathroom. I’ve also found the Swan to have a calmer atmosphere, while the Dolphin is bigger and feels more bustling, with a huge lobby that can get filled and noisy if there’s a convention.
That said, I prefer the Dolphin, which has more rooms with great views, and more (and much better) restaurants, particularly for breakfast. The Dolphin has twice as many rooms, more chances to be upgraded, and their upgraded rooms are nicer than those I’ve had at the Swan. While the restaurants aren’t a deal breaker, because you can eat at one hotel and charge your meal to your room at the other, I like the convenience of just going downstairs for breakfast. I generally only stay at the Swan if the Dolphin isn’t available, but would be happy at either.
For a family of four, the difference in the beds and bathroom might be enough to pay more for the Swan, though.
BruceWG likes this.

Last edited by Retiredlife; Feb 29, 2024 at 12:07 pm
Old Feb 29, 2024, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Thanks both for the comments. I've booked the Dolphen, 7K points cheaper, one night only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.