Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of July 2023, breakfast for Elites is in the restaurant (no welcome gift choice required), and evening cocktails are in the 3rd floor lounge. The lounge opens at 9 AM for beverage service.

Front Office e-mail: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 1:39 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by CaseyN2
Thanks.
Starting at Changi Airport, do I have to transfer.

Originally Posted by kluau88
Yes. This requires multiple changes. First you need to switch at Tanah Merah interchange. Catch the EW line towards Boon Lay. Then you need to transfer at City Hall to the North-South Line towards Jurong East.
However, it should be said that these are not particularly difficult transfers--the first is just across the platform, and though the second is at a bigger station, there are ample escalators and elevators, and it's air-conditioned. With a modest amount of luggage it's easily doable.
Old May 13, 2009, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by colerc
However, it should be said that these are not particularly difficult transfers--the first is just across the platform, and though the second is at a bigger station, there are ample escalators and elevators, and it's air-conditioned. With a modest amount of luggage it's easily doable.
Yes, the two transfers are cross-platform transfers. However, the Tanah Merah Interchange is not air conditioned. You can easily work out a sweat in the heat of Singapore.@:-)
Old May 26, 2009, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
recent stay at the sheraton singapore was perfectly acceptable.

we got a suite upgrade after some excitement by the pool. the lounge staff is lovely, but i must say the breakfasts are nothing special. the scrambled eggs were room temperature the two days i tried them and both days i got bits of shell also. the lounge attendant did nuke me some eggs so i could have them hot, but the heating unit was off whenever i looked--apparently to keep the eggs from drying out.

not sure why i thought the breakfasts in the lounge were so good--i have raved about them to flyertalkers in the past--although i suppose if you're only eating fruit and yogurt--my usual fare--they're perfect. breakfast in the hotel restaurant is lovely, but it's not included for platinum guests.

the barcelona suite is a nice size but a bit outdated, tv's not flat screen, etc. it was more than enough for the two of us, but it's probably due for a refurb. internet charges are shocking, $50 singapore for 24 hours. there are two free hardwired computers in the lounge, so we didn't pay for internet.

still think the location is great, but i'm considering the st regis for sin do 2010.
Old May 27, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, LATAM Comodoro, SPG PLT, WOH Globalist, *G, OW Emerald
I just checked in at the Sheraton Singapore and guess what, no upgrades (even the "good" rooms at the 5th floor). I've stayed here several times (every other month) and never got an upgrade. So my recommendation: it is not a suitable property for plats.

Got a moldy old room, all sticky.

Found some coins on the desk and the notepad written (scratched) from the previous guest. I guess this is the last time at this run down property, with room cleaning issues.
It is not Sheraton standard and I hope a Lurker can address this issue.
Talked to the manager on duty, and told me if they have to send somebody to pick up the coins (?!). Then I realised that their staff lacks of training.

From last year I see a continuous quality drop on several properties in Asia and nowadays with all diseases issues; dirt, leftovers and sticky surfaces in the rooms it is a concern. Most funny is that our company accepts SPG properties because they are supposed to be safe and clean...maybe not anymore.
Old May 27, 2009, 12:52 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by atakam
...It is not Sheraton standard and I hope a Lurker can address this issue...
Hi. My apologies for any disappointment you may have experienced here; however, outside of the hotel fixing this on their own, these issues are addressed by you contacting Corporate Customer Service and filing a formal complaint. You can do so via telephone at 800-328-6242 or by email at [email protected].

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old May 27, 2009, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
... never got an upgrade. So my recommendation: it is not a suitable property for plats.
Guess what? Some people actually stay in hotels for reasons other than scoring suite upgrades.
Old May 27, 2009, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Guess what? Some people actually stay in hotels for reasons other than scoring suite upgrades.
Well, not in Singapore, where you have plenty of properties of all chains. The only reason I tried Sheraton, was to give another chance to them.
Location is not very good, rooms are old, staff doesn't care/know about SPG programs, etc. The onlt catch was special rates cheaper than the rest, but these days many of other properties are already matching it.
Competition is the best medicine, either Sheraton Singapore corrects it or customers will run away. Even within SPG St Regis Singapore rates are almost as competitive as the Sheraton.

Finally, for your info we stay at hotels because we have biz trips. We try to find where you feel more comfortable and the point is safe hotel, clean rooms and well trained staff.

It happens that SPG send us a package full of promises and gratitude, but we don't see it happen (upgrades being among the benefit SPG writes most).
Old May 27, 2009, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Location is not very good
False, IMO. Location is fabulous for those of us who travel frequently to SIN and appreciate the closeness to MRT. To each their own I suppose.
rooms are old
You have had different experiences than I have.
staff doesn't care/know about SPG programs, etc.
My several dozen stays here since 2003 would tell me that you are wrong. Perhaps I am the one who is wrong.
Competition is the best medicine, either Sheraton Singapore corrects it or customers will run away.
Surely there can be no argument with this.
Even within SPG St Regis Singapore rates are almost as competitive as the Sheraton
I agree.

Dave

Last edited by bseller; May 28, 2009 at 6:33 am
Old May 28, 2009, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by bseller
Then, perhaps, stay with THEM???

False, IMO. Location is fabulous for those of us who travel frequently to SIN and appreciate the closeness to MRT. To each their own I suppose.

You have had different experiences than I have.

My several dozen stays here since 2003 would tell me that you are wrong. Perhaps I am the one who is wrong. BUT , I doubt it.

Surely there can be no argument with this.

I agree.

Good on ya. SO WHAT ??

Perhaps you'd be happier in another frequent guest program then? Good luck to you in your quest.

Dave
Seems you don't know SIN very well. Hyatt/Marriot location is much better. If not, why Sheraton keeps lowering it rates?

Dozen stays since 2003? Well I stay every other month since 2 years, either under my name or my wife's (also plat).

Thank you for the recommendation, but I already joined Hyatt program and just qualified for Diamond. The program might not promise as much as SPG but properties are tidier and better managed. At least they stick to the program benefits.
Old May 28, 2009, 6:07 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
I just checked in at the Sheraton Singapore and guess what, no upgrades (even the "good" rooms at the 5th floor). I've stayed here several times (every other month) and never got an upgrade. So my recommendation: it is not a suitable property for plats.

Got a moldy old room, all sticky.

Found some coins on the desk and the notepad written (scratched) from the previous guest. I guess this is the last time at this run down property, with room cleaning issues.
It is not Sheraton standard and I hope a Lurker can address this issue.
Talked to the manager on duty, and told me if they have to send somebody to pick up the coins (?!). Then I realised that their staff lacks of training.

From last year I see a continuous quality drop on several properties in Asia and nowadays with all diseases issues; dirt, leftovers and sticky surfaces in the rooms it is a concern. Most funny is that our company accepts SPG properties because they are supposed to be safe and clean...maybe not anymore.
I do like the Sheraton SIN (have stayed only once in a Level 5 room with terrace). My room was a little musty, so I know what you mean. I called Housekeeping and they came up and sprayed the room and it was better.

I think also that they could do away with the old TVs and get some new flat screens, that would make a difference. Yes the furniture is a bit old and the carpet could do with replacing. But having said all that, I do like this hotel, the beds are very comfortable and I LOVED the lounge ^.

Perhaps next time you are in SIN, try the St Regis SIN . Its amazing, very modern amentities in the room, great pool, lovely suites. After staying at St Regis, LM SFO and SYD Sheraton on the Park, I have to admit Sheraton SIN needs some updating. Maybe Sheraton will get around to it soon.

Re your lack of Plat upgrades, perhaps its worth taking your issues to customer service, if you are constantly missing out on your benefits. Surely no one who is a plat, should be that unlucky. Good luck.
Old May 28, 2009, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Seems you don't know SIN very well.
OK.
Hyatt/Marriot location is much better.
Do you mean the Marriott at Orchard and Scotts??
The program might not promise as much as SPG but properties are tidier and better managed. At least they stick to the program benefits.
Quite possilbly - I am not a Hilton member. Good luck to you in any event!
Dave
Old May 28, 2009, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
I do like the Sheraton SIN (have stayed only once in a Level 5 room with terrace). My room was a little musty, so I know what you mean. I called Housekeeping and they came up and sprayed the room and it was better.

I think also that they could do away with the old TVs and get some new flat screens, that would make a difference. Yes the furniture is a bit old and the carpet could do with replacing. But having said all that, I do like this hotel, the beds are very comfortable and I LOVED the lounge ^.

Perhaps next time you are in SIN, try the St Regis SIN . Its amazing, very modern amentities in the room, great pool, lovely suites. After staying at St Regis, LM SFO and SYD Sheraton on the Park, I have to admit Sheraton SIN needs some updating. Maybe Sheraton will get around to it soon.

Re your lack of Plat upgrades, perhaps its worth taking your issues to customer service, if you are constantly missing out on your benefits. Surely no one who is a plat, should be that unlucky. Good luck.
Thank you! Yes, I will try the St Regis. I already tried the Sheraton too many times..I also heard that the St Regis is new and has very good facilities.

Dave, thanks for your input. Will try to raise the issues with tha management of the Sheraton, I am still here until tomorrow.After all we plats are the "quality assurance" inspectors for SPG. I really wish that SPG properties can improve and get our biz for long term. That's why it is also important to try other chains and bring that input to SPG
Old May 29, 2009, 5:27 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Seems you don't know SIN very well. Hyatt/Marriot location is much better. If not, why Sheraton keeps lowering it rates?
Much better location for what? I have a meeting with a large German MNC which is located right by the Sheraton. Would staying at the Hyatt/Marriot/ex-LeM be somehow better for me?
Old May 31, 2009, 5:04 am

Programs: QF Plat LTG, UA2mm, Marriott LTP
atakam is correct. The Sheraton is not well located for the vast majority of travellers (you may be an exception) which is why there are no major hotels close by.

I lived in Singapore for many years and never went to anything near the Sheraton, and given the constant heat and humidity in Singapore, being close is great.

The Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Swissotel, Oriental, InterContinental, to name a few, are all better located with better access to MRT stations.

However I have been upgraded to the two-room suites at the Sheraton and in my experience the staff are familiar with the SPG program.

Last edited by zero savings; Jun 11, 2009 at 8:25 am Reason: Mario33 is correct. Delete Sofitel, add Swissotel.
Old May 31, 2009, 6:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by zero savings
The Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Sofitel, Oriental, InterContinental, to name a few, are all better located with better access to MRT stations.
Is there a Sofitel in Singapore ?

The Sheraton's location is not that bad though not perfect; you have the MRT and Newton Hawker Centre nearby. However I would go for the St Regis anytime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.