FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]
Old May 28, 2009, 9:32 am
atakam

Programs: UA 1K, LATAM Comodoro, SPG PLT, WOH Globalist, *G, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
I do like the Sheraton SIN (have stayed only once in a Level 5 room with terrace). My room was a little musty, so I know what you mean. I called Housekeeping and they came up and sprayed the room and it was better.

I think also that they could do away with the old TVs and get some new flat screens, that would make a difference. Yes the furniture is a bit old and the carpet could do with replacing. But having said all that, I do like this hotel, the beds are very comfortable and I LOVED the lounge ^.

Perhaps next time you are in SIN, try the St Regis SIN . Its amazing, very modern amentities in the room, great pool, lovely suites. After staying at St Regis, LM SFO and SYD Sheraton on the Park, I have to admit Sheraton SIN needs some updating. Maybe Sheraton will get around to it soon.

Re your lack of Plat upgrades, perhaps its worth taking your issues to customer service, if you are constantly missing out on your benefits. Surely no one who is a plat, should be that unlucky. Good luck.
Thank you! Yes, I will try the St Regis. I already tried the Sheraton too many times..I also heard that the St Regis is new and has very good facilities.

Dave, thanks for your input. Will try to raise the issues with tha management of the Sheraton, I am still here until tomorrow.After all we plats are the "quality assurance" inspectors for SPG. I really wish that SPG properties can improve and get our biz for long term. That's why it is also important to try other chains and bring that input to SPG