Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tanic
HOTEL DEFLAGGED. No Marriott Bonvoy benefits.

Club Lounge Hours

(As of Sept 2017)

Breakfast
Everyday: 7 AM - 11 AM

Snacks and non-alcoholic drinks
Monday - Friday: 12:30 PM - 11 PM
Saturday - Sunday: 3 PM - 9 PM

Wine by the glass and hors d'oeuvres
Everyday: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2007, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Originally Posted by opushomes
Tazi,

Just plug in the "SPG50" in the reservations request space and, if it is available, the appropriate rate will show up. I attempted to use a 50 at the Libertador last month and discovered I could get cheaper rates without it.

You might want to read this.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=libertador
I just get a message that the promotion code has expired.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 1:53 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by tazi
I just get a message that the promotion code has expired.
That's because you can't do this online...and you never could for that matter. Just call the Customer Contact Center and ask what the possibilities might be.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 15, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Gee, do you think this might be why I found a better rate using other things??

The web-site is certainly not intuitively obvious, is it?
Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
The thing to remember is that it's 50% off of Rack rate (the most expensive rate). @:-)

I did a quick rate check on spg.com and it appears that during the time period of the Cow Do (late Aug./early Sep. 2007), the cheapest Rack rates, for a Classic room, are $250. For a Club floor room, Rack is $300. So, if the SPG50 can be used on those, you're looking at $125 to $150/night, for up to 5 nights.

For that time period, there are prepaid, nonrefundable "internet-only" rates of $123, and NON-prepaid, "Ladhot" and "World Travel 6" rates of $129, as well as "breakfast package" rates including the full American buffet breakfast of $135. There are also AAA & AARP rates in the same general range, some prepaid, some not. (On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, there is an "Endless Weekend" rate of $125.)

And don't forget, add to any of these rates the IVA (VAT) of 21% (owie! ).

The point is, the SPG50 isn't likely to save you much, if anything. However, I urge you to do the research for your particular stay dates (because as we all know, rates vary depending on dates, length of stay, etc.), as well as to phone Starwood to see whether 1) the SPG50 would be accepted and 2) there would be any Rack rates that would yield a cheaper deal.

But my guess is, if it saves you anything, it'll be a few bucks at most, for this particular hotel in this particular time frame; say, $4 + tax per night, using the numbers above.

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Jun 17, 2007 at 4:43 am
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If earning SPG points isn't critical and you're not concerned about getting (or not getting) Starwood elite benefits, I'll just note that the local travel agencies -- at least several months back -- were known to have much better rates available for a good number of properties in Buenos Aires than were available on the hotels' websites.

Usually, but not always, this involved being given a voucher by the local travel agency to present at check-in. Then all the charges that came across were just the incidentals.

I don't know how amenable these travel agencies are for doing this from afar, but I've walked into about three or four in Retiro and the voucher approach has never given me any problems, particularly if not concerned about getting (or not getting) elite benefits.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 5:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
I stayed at the Libertador earlier this year in a refurbished room, which was very nice, but I had a different noise problem. Every time a door on the floor opened/closed it made a lot of noise. I have never heard so much continuous noise from a door elsewhere. Has this been fixed or is this still an issue.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 7:01 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Taz...are you "set" on the Libertador?
Yep, I stayed there 4 last year's Cow Do & had no complaints...and was keen on staying there again. But, when needing to book an SPG hotel for my first couple of nights here in BsAs, I def. the Sheraton Buenos Aires/Convention Center was a LOT, LOT cheaper for some reason....and it's reasonably close to a lot one would want to do here.
Plenty of reviews of both posted about FT....but, if all you need is a place to crash post-Malbec'ing, you'd likely be fine w/ either.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by skye1
Taz...are you "set" on the Libertador?
Yep, I stayed there 4 last year's Cow Do & had no complaints...and was keen on staying there again. But, when needing to book an SPG hotel for my first couple of nights here in BsAs, I def. the Sheraton Buenos Aires/Convention Center was a LOT, LOT cheaper for some reason....and it's reasonably close to a lot one would want to do here.
Plenty of reviews of both posted about FT....but, if all you need is a place to crash post-Malbec'ing, you'd likely be fine w/ either.
Last time I looked at the rates during the Cow Do (late Aug./early Sep.), they are HIGHER at the Sheraton Buenos Aires than at the Libertador. @:-)

I tried to check the rates again just now, but the spg.com website just urped with the message "We're sorry, but a temporary error has occurred. Please try your request again. If you need assistance, please call 888-625-5144 in the U.S. or Canada, or contact one of our Worldwide Reservations Offices. Thank you. We apologize for any inconvenience."

So, I looked for rates on Expedia for the appropriate timeframe, and for the Sheraton B/A, they run from $142+tax, $156+tax, on up the scale -- more than at the Libertador, which Expedia shows for $122+tax on the weekend. N.B.: The Expedia rates I've quoted are PREPAID rates.

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Jun 17, 2007 at 7:32 pm
Old Jun 18, 2007, 2:00 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Nevsky
I stayed at the Libertador earlier this year in a refurbished room, which was very nice, but I had a different noise problem. Every time a door on the floor opened/closed it made a lot of noise. I have never heard so much continuous noise from a door elsewhere. Has this been fixed or is this still an issue.
Since we're discussing noise - I was at the Libertador in March for 2 weeks. Given a refurbished room. Across from the elevators. One elevator was new and the other hadn't been replaced. The NEW elevator made a loud DING everytime it opened on the floor, announcing the arrival, apparently. Could hear loud and clear inside the guest room. Worse was the phantom THUD that came from within the wall of this refurbished room. Intermittent, but sometimes as often as every 10 minutes. I changed rooms after the second day. Had to take an old room, on an upper floor.

Aloha
Old Jun 18, 2007, 3:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Last time I looked at the rates during the Cow Do (late Aug./early Sep.), they are HIGHER at the Sheraton Buenos Aires than at the Libertador. @:-)

I tried to check the rates again just now, but the spg.com website just urped with the message "We're sorry, but a temporary error has occurred. Please try your request again. If you need assistance, please call 888-625-5144 in the U.S. or Canada, or contact one of our Worldwide Reservations Offices. Thank you. We apologize for any inconvenience."

So, I looked for rates on Expedia for the appropriate timeframe, and for the Sheraton B/A, they run from $142+tax, $156+tax, on up the scale -- more than at the Libertador, which Expedia shows for $122+tax on the weekend. N.B.: The Expedia rates I've quoted are PREPAID rates.
Libretador is usually cheaper, regardless of means used to book. There have been some exceptions, but those are exceptions and not routinely the case.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Libretador is usually cheaper, regardless of means used to book. There have been some exceptions, but those are exceptions and not routinely the case.
That's been my experience as well. I've stayed at the Libertador twice (in the last two years), and in both cases it was cheaper than the Sheraton B/A; hence my decision to stay there.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The main attraction of this hotel is.... location, location, location. @:-)
Old Jun 18, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
The main attraction of this hotel is.... location, location, location. @:-)
I would definitely second that. If I were ever to part with that much cash for my stays instead of renting an apartment for a week for the price of 2 nights here this would be my hotel of choice because of the location.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Nevsky
Was the sound you heard the master circuit for the room being switched when you put your room key into the slot on the inside wall near the door?

I just got back from a refurbished room there and I had no issues with construction noise. I did have some small issues with hallway noise so they did not soundproof enough when the did the remodel.

If you decide to stay here try and get the "Lad Promo 1" rate. For $135 you get "Buffet Breakfast, Free Access To The Neptune Pool & Fitness Center And Internet From Room Free Of Charge." It appears that the Pool access is also good for a half hour massage everyday. A second half hour is an additional 50 pesos. I found about the included message when I made an appointment for an hour and they told me that my rate plan included a half hour a day. YMMV
Old Jun 20, 2007, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by audio-nut
If you decide to stay here try and get the "Lad Promo 1" rate. For $135 you get "Buffet Breakfast, Free Access To The Neptune Pool & Fitness Center And Internet From Room Free Of Charge." It appears that the Pool access is also good for a half hour massage everyday. A second half hour is an additional 50 pesos. I found about the included message when I made an appointment for an hour and they told me that my rate plan included a half hour a day. YMMV
(Bolding mine.)

Wow! That massage is an undocumented benefit worth knowing about! ^ It would never have occurred to me that "pool & fitness center" access included a half-hour massage. And the additional half hour for 50 pesos works out to about $17 US. Do you get Starpoints for that as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.