Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tanic
HOTEL DEFLAGGED. No Marriott Bonvoy benefits.

Club Lounge Hours

(As of Sept 2017)

Breakfast
Everyday: 7 AM - 11 AM

Snacks and non-alcoholic drinks
Monday - Friday: 12:30 PM - 11 PM
Saturday - Sunday: 3 PM - 9 PM

Wine by the glass and hors d'oeuvres
Everyday: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2007, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ldsant
Think about what??
Whether the value represented by this package is attractive enough to overcome the hotel's apparent shortcomings.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
It certainly seems like there are mixed feelings about this property. They are offering weekend rates for $145 including breakfast and a tango show (anyone know which one?). As a Gold, I'd hope for a refurbished room -- and I could use the late checkout, too. What do you think?
As a follow up, I've been told by the hotel that the tango show is "Esquina Carlos Gardel" -- which is one of the most highly rated tourist tango shows in BA. It's show only, no dinner (which may be good, because while the show reviews are excellent, the food does not win accolades). Tickets for the show retail at over $50 each (I imagine some discounts are available, but I don't know where), so if you want to see a tango show, this package seems like a good deal.

BTW, I've also been assured that my gold status will get me a refurbished room, and that there will be no construction at the Libertador in October or November.

If anyone needs a contact person at the hotel, send me a message and I will forward her name. Frankly, the personal service has probably convinced me to give the hotel a shot for a night. That said, I'm not sure why you'd book this rate plan if you were staying more than one night.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 12:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by iahphx

BTW, I've also been assured that my gold status will get me a refurbished room, and that there will be no construction at the Libertador in October or November.
I just got back from a 4 night stay at the Libertador. I am Gold and I received a refurbished room at check-in. While this is my first SPG foreign property, I have stayed at numerous other chain properties in foreign countries. I really did not think the hotel was nearly as bad as people have described and I definitely never heard any construction (albeit I did find it funny that the hotel provided 3M ear plugs that I chose not to use). The lobby was very well furnished. The elevator thing did not affect me (only 2 elevators for the entire property) even with a convention being held in the hotel during my stay. Really the only thing that was advertised but missing was the hot tub at the pool. You can see where it was and the signs still talked about it, but no hot tub any more.

Location can not be beat and the other Sheraton by the train station had much more convention traffic (as the Convention Center) and was further from the places we wanted to check out. The Sheraton Libertador is no 5 star resort, but it is just as nice as any Sheraton in NY or Chicago I have stayed at. Maybe the old rooms are terrible, maybe not. Either way, just make sure you check in at or around 3PM and you should be all set.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

C&P is also available at this hotel, even on some days when Starwood rez says it's not.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....5&postcount=15
Old Dec 30, 2007, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Deleted...wrong thread

Last edited by grayland; Dec 30, 2007 at 2:10 pm
Old Jan 8, 2008, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
We recently stayed the night of 2 Jan in the Libertador, and I was pleasantly surprised, after all the clamor I'd read on this site.

Check in went very smooth, no more than 5 min, with nice Plat recognition, 500 pt amenity selected, credit cards, passports, renovated floor room assigned (1708), at the end. Carlos checked us in, and when I asked about the Executive lounge for breakfast, he said it was still being renovated. It's on the 21st floor, and they have the elevators programmed to not stop on that level. Supposedly a few weeks' away from completion. Then I asked if I could please have complementary breakfast for myself and my friends, as a Platinum, as the lounge was unavailable. He made several facial movements, then relented, saying, "As a favor to you, Mr. SASfan." Great.

Room was very nice, just what we needed after a long trip. We used the pool on 22 for awhile, then some time with the concierge to find a restaurant.

Next morning I talked to the front desk and reminded them of breakfast, which we took on the third floor, much nicer than the lobby continental brekkie.

All in all, a good value for the rate ($135), awesome location for walking La Florida, less than 5 min from the Galeria Pacifica, for those who try to keep their significant others away from shopping. Beware!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SASfan
We recently stayed the night of 2 Jan in the Libertador, and I was pleasantly surprised, after all the clamor I'd read on this site.
Agreed. This is a very decent hotel. Significantly underrated.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 1:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
I have been there quite a few times and was there recently. The renovated rooms are nice, but very small. The staff is very helpful.

The major problem is the doors make a lot of noise when they close. Since the rooms are very close together and the corridors are very narrow, this can be very disturbing, especially if people in rooms near you come back to their rooms in the middle of the night or if housekeeping is cleaning nearby rooms.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by owie69
Location can not be beat
Really? I thought the complaint was that it's not closer to Palermo/Recoleta. Maybe I'm confusing the Sheratons.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrgg
Really? I thought the complaint was that it's not closer to Palermo/Recoleta. Maybe I'm confusing the Sheratons.
It depends what location you're looking for. El Centro (downtown) used to be "where it's at," and then got seedy during the recent Argentine recession/depression. But almost all the homeless were gone on my last visit a couple months ago, and the area feels pretty safe these days. It's still not as fashionable as Recoleta, but for many visitors, it may be more convenient. I liked, for example, being able to take the subway (especially now that taxi fares are almost real money).
Old Jan 9, 2008, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nevsky
The major problem is the doors make a lot of noise when they close. Since the rooms are very close together and the corridors are very narrow, this can be very disturbing, especially if people in rooms near you come back to their rooms in the middle of the night or if housekeeping is cleaning nearby rooms.
Also try to avoid a room by the elevators (probably 20% of the rooms would be considered "near" an elevator, given how small the hotel is). The "ding" will be annoying to some.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred
Nevsky, the rooms are no smaller than a tradional Sheraton room. If you want small, stay in a small suite at Five Cool Rooms in Palermo where the bed barely fits in the room and only one person can stand at a time.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 9:40 pm

Any news on the Club Level/Executive Lounge?
Old Mar 1, 2008, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Wasn't done as of 23 Feb, when we checked out...
Old Mar 1, 2008, 11:55 am

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.