Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tanic
HOTEL DEFLAGGED. No Marriott Bonvoy benefits.

Club Lounge Hours

(As of Sept 2017)

Breakfast
Everyday: 7 AM - 11 AM

Snacks and non-alcoholic drinks
Monday - Friday: 12:30 PM - 11 PM
Saturday - Sunday: 3 PM - 9 PM

Wine by the glass and hors d'oeuvres
Everyday: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2005, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by tmas
I'm going there this weekend and have a reservation at the Sheraton Hotel & Convention Center. How is this property compared to the other SPG properties? Thanks for your input, I can't wait to see what everyone has told me is one of the most beautiful cities.
There are other threads discussing the hotel you've reserved. The FT Search function with "Buenos Aires" as the search terms will pull them up.

For example:

Which Sheraton in EZE (Buenos Aires)

Sheraton Buenos Aires (SBA) mini report and journey down 10/29/2004

among others

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Aug 9, 2005 at 9:03 pm
Old Dec 16, 2005, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Bad: Recent Category Change For Libertador in Buenos Aires

Stayed at the Sheraton Libertador in BA in November. It was Category 1.

Went to book a stay a few months out, and it's been changed to a Category 2. That's a huge chunk of points when I'm booking a 3 week stay.

What happened to Categories changing at the beginning of the year? So much for that wee bit of notice that we usually get from William. When I called, the representative quoted me the T & C's that SPG has the right to change...blah, blah, blah. I was not calling to argue that - it's the execution of the change, with ZERO notice, especially when we're led to believe that the changes occur at a certain time, and it happens sooner.

One rather displeased Platinum here.

ALoha
Old Dec 16, 2005, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
The Sheraton Libertador in BA should only be a cat 1. It really is an old run down property with a worn out lobby and rooms. The only thing it has going for it is location. I would stay there again for the location...but it really is no more than a Cat 1.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 7:32 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
That's very interesting indeed. The main screen says Cat 2 but lists 2-3K points for award. Attempting to book says 3-4K. Looks like they did raise it but missed a spot. Odd that they did it before the main cat changes though I guess the Real has been rising and rates have been up. I actually just booked this hotel for Feb. at the Cat 1 rates on a whim (was just pondering the dates) and now am glad I did

Perhaps Lurker can clarify it has indeed gone up despite the main page showing Cat 1 level points - and why it would happen a mere month or so before the normal cat changes.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 12:17 am

Programs: UA-1P SPG-G PC-PLT

i was planning to stay here next august, and was planning to book my award nights before january 1st while the hotel was still a cat 1 for sure. now i'm not in any rush.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:40 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Always on a weekend...

The no notice thing is a non-starter for me. We do this every year, so this should come as no surprise to anyone. I've told everyone for two weeks now that if you anticipate using Starpoints for an award in 2006, then book it now. I also told everyone weeks ago that there was a possibility it could happen sooner than normal. Why? Because as a group, you all expressed a desire to have Cash & Points availability more continuous than in the past. In order for us to know who to solicit for Cash & Points, we have to know what category a property will be.

I have known about most of the changes in categories since last Thursday; however, there were still 45 properties whose status was listed as TBD (to be determined) and, more importantly, I have to wait until the properties whose category is changing to be notified of the change. Would you like to read that your property is going down a notch here or would you rather get an official notification?

There is a sync problem right now with what a hotel's category is and how many Starpoints are necessary for those hotels whose level has changed. This is a temporary situation that will be rectified once everyone has completed their part of the project. Remember...I also said that it takes four different departments to pull this off. Trying to get four different departments to sync their input is like trying to herd cats in a thunderstorm.

So, I appreciate your patience as we complete the project at hand and get everything in sync. I anticipate that I will be able to publish a complete list of changes as of sometime Wednesday; certainly no later than Thursday, depending upon what else falls in my lap between now and then.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:09 pm
JMR

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
... I also told everyone weeks ago that there was a possibility it could happen sooner than normal. Why? Because as a group, you all expressed a desire to have Cash & Points availability more continuous than in the past. In order for us to know who to solicit for Cash & Points, we have to know what category a property will be.
No good deed goes unpunished.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:15 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by JMR
No good deed goes unpunished.
LOL. How true.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by daveland
That's very interesting indeed. The main screen says Cat 2 but lists 2-3K points for award. Attempting to book says 3-4K. Looks like they did raise it but missed a spot. Odd that they did it before the main cat changes though I guess the Real has been rising and rates have been up. I actually just booked this hotel for Feb. at the Cat 1 rates on a whim (was just pondering the dates) and now am glad I did
I also booked several nights here a few months ago, before I'd even nailed down my airfare or the rest of my trip -- glad I did...
Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:27 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Sheraton Libertador Buenos Aires

This must be one of the worst property in the entire world and it's getting worse all the time. How can such a rundown place be part of Starwood? Just unacceptable. The rooms are filthy, very few things are in working order, the service is barely adequate!
Come on Starwood either renovate it completely or get rid of it...paying 115$ plus a whopping 21% tax just doesn't do it for me sorry...any more such experiences and I give up
Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Oh c'mon, when you get the "Presidential Suite" for that price (upgrade), it is worth almost every cent . I stayed there in late December and for $99 plus tax, given the upgrade, the adequate breakfast, and a polite staff, it was worth it. Luxury? No. Worth more than that? Probably not. Convenient location? Sure. I've stayed in a lot worse, in a Starpoints-earning hotel.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:34 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I stayed here several years ago and the hotel was excellent; clean, well maintained, everything works, and my room was beautiful (however it was a suite). Perhaps some floors have been renovated and others have not (it is an older building, however the elevators were in good shape and the pool on the roof was spotless with a convertible glass roof).

Has it really changed so much in a couple of years? I would have rated it as above average for hotels in EZE and for Sheratons in general.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by number_6
I stayed here several years ago and the hotel was excellent; clean, well maintained, everything works, and my room was beautiful (however it was a suite). Perhaps some floors have been renovated and others have not (it is an older building, however the elevators were in good shape and the pool on the roof was spotless with a convertible glass roof).

Has it really changed so much in a couple of years? I would have rated it as above average for hotels in EZE and for Sheratons in general.
It would rate well as compared with standard US Sheraton fare, but like a lot of things in BsAs, isn't the same as say, 5 years ago (which was the last time I stayed there). Worn around the edges, but not bad. It is not as good as a typical "international" Sheraton. However, 5 years ago, it was hard to get a quality hotel room for under $200/nt. Worst in the world? I should have been so lucky as to only have stayed in hotels better than this in my entire life, only to have the misfortune of this being the worst hotel in the world. But opinion is opinion, and subjective by nature. If opinion were fact, this critique would be in OMNI
Old Feb 6, 2006, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver
I stayed there for about a week last month and found it quite fine, especially with its great location. Staff was very friendly, the pool was pleasant, and I got upgraded to a junior suite for the first part of my stay (paid for with points) and a two-room suite the second part (for $99/night). There are plenty of other Starwood properties in Buenos Aires if you're looking for extreme luxury...
Old Feb 6, 2006, 12:53 pm

I think this property serves its niche in the *wood line-up in Buenos Aires. If you want something nicer, there is the Convention Center property. For luxury, go with the adjoining hotel (I forget what it's called). All said, my experience at the Libertador was pleasant. Nothing great, but for the price and location, it was a good value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.