Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Coming Soon: 2023 Annual Choice Benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:55 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy

It’s that time of the year again, Insiders! Our 2023 Annual Choice Benefit will be available next week. Eligible members who have earned at least 50 Elite Night Credits this year will be invited to select their exclusive Annual Choice Benefit.

What is your favorite benefit? Let us know below!
dw, thalweg, view and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
It’s that time of the year again, Insiders! Our 2023 Annual Choice Benefit will be available next week. Eligible members who have earned at least 50 Elite Night Credits this year will be invited to select their exclusive Annual Choice Benefit.

You should give Ambassadors like myself better choices. After all, we spend now $23,000 a year or more and stay at least 100 nights. Maybe something like a 3 night complimentary stay at a Marriott property for example. The only choice benefit I ever use is when I get to 75 nights and I choose the free night.

Just keeping it real, you guys do next to nothing special for your highest elite members. Lame.
hedoman, cre95, KRSW and 10 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: HH Gold

Good timing, just reached 50 today. Can use the SNA's for my trip next month
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium

just to make sure, these benefits are only good for 2023 or until end of 2024?
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:55 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by diablo77
Good timing, just reached 50 today. Can use the SNA's for my trip next month
This is the time of the year that I start counting on my fingers to make sure I don’t need the five extra nights at 50 to reach Titanium and the accompanying free night award. With what’s already reserved, I’ll need nine more nights, about one a month. But with the future seemingly less and less predictable, I hate to pull the trigger and grab the SNAs before I have 75 nights in the bag. Maybe I’m no longer a doe-eyed optimist.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 2:24 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jailer
This is the time of the year that I start counting on my fingers to make sure I don’t need the five extra nights at 50 to reach Titanium and the accompanying free night award. With what’s already reserved, I’ll need nine more nights, about one a month.But with the future seemingly less and less predictable, I hate to pull the trigger and grab the SNAs before I have 75 nights in the bag. Maybe I’m no longer a doe-eyed optimist.
Good point, Titanium could also be useful in a soft landing situation
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 3:44 pm

Good to hear - I hit 50 nights this last week and would like to select the SNAs for an upcoming trip. Do you know what day next week?
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, BA, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I’m at 55 nights so as long as I can do another 15 nights then I’ll take the 5 elite night credits to bring me to the 75 nights for Titanium and another choice benefit! It’s going to be close so will likely wait until closer to the year end before deciding.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by mikebor
You should give Ambassadors like myself better choices. After all, we spend now $23,000 a year or more and stay at least 100 nights. Maybe something like a 3 night complimentary stay at a Marriott property for example. The only choice benefit I ever use is when I get to 75 nights and I choose the free night.

Just keeping it real, you guys do next to nothing special for your highest elite members. Lame.
HERE! HERE! How about another choice benefit when we hit 100 nights? Have been Ambassador for over 5 years but get choice benefits equivalent to Titanium. Zero differentiation.

Anyway, SNAs always
DJ_Iceman, mikebor, KRSW and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I think I’m asking a question that has been answered but I keep forgetting. I was Platinum to start the year (soft landing, thank you!) and just got back to Titanium this year.

Do we get two benefit choices (the Plat, then Titanium)? Or is it just one selection for what I have?
Old Apr 6, 2023, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by pt360
I think I’m asking a question that has been answered but I keep forgetting. I was Platinum to start the year (soft landing, thank you!) and just got back to Titanium this year.

Do we get two benefit choices (the Plat, then Titanium)? Or is it just one selection for what I have?
You qualify for choice benefits when you cross 50 nights and 75 nights in current year. Status has nothing to do with it.

Since you have Titanium, you had to stay 75 nights and are eligible to choose 2 benefits.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by margarita girl; Apr 7, 2023 at 1:51 am Reason: Clarification
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by buckeye91
HERE! HERE! How about another choice benefit when we hit 100 nights? Have been Ambassador for over 5 years but get choice benefits equivalent to Titanium. Zero differentiation.

Anyway, SNAs always
I think this is a great suggestion, and would provide an answer to the people who ask "Why should I keep staying with Marriott after I've earned xx status?" There's no reason Marriott couldn't provide a choice benefit for every 25 nights stayed, starting at 50.
mikebor, KRSW, LongLiveSPG and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 11:25 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver

To answer the question, suite night awards are #1 for me. However, like others have stated there should be more benefits gained at ambassador level besides the actual ambassador service that we can choose from. More SNA’s, gift SNA’s etc.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker (Post # 1)
​​​​​What is your favorite benefit? Let us know below!
At 75 nights I really like that Free Night Certificate (FNC) worth 40K points.

At 50 nights, for the past six or seven years I have always taken the 5 Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN), whether I need them or not, and will continue to do so as a lifetime Marriott BONV°Y™ Platinum Elite.

Beaucoup Bonvy!

🌴 🎶 💚 🤠
Old Apr 7, 2023, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I think this is a great suggestion, and would provide an answer to the people who ask "Why should I keep staying with Marriott after I've earned xx status?" There's no reason Marriott couldn't provide a choice benefit for every 25 nights stayed, starting at 50.
do you mean when people ask why they should keep staying after attaining lifetime status [and have enough ongoing nights to maintain status elsewhere for the time being]? Not sure why someone would try to get status for a year then feel like they shouldn’t stay with Marriott anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.