Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Coming Soon: 2023 Annual Choice Benefit

Coming Soon: 2023 Annual Choice Benefit

Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:55 pm
  #1  
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Posts: 704
Coming Soon: 2023 Annual Choice Benefit

Itís that time of the year again, Insiders! Our 2023 Annual Choice Benefit will be available next week. Eligible members who have earned at least 50 Elite Night Credits this year will be invited to select their exclusive Annual Choice Benefit.

What is your favorite benefit? Let us know below!
dw, thalweg, view and 2 others like this.
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker is online now  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:00 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Posts: 373
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Itís that time of the year again, Insiders! Our 2023 Annual Choice Benefit will be available next week. Eligible members who have earned at least 50 Elite Night Credits this year will be invited to select their exclusive Annual Choice Benefit.

What is your favorite benefit? Let us know below!
You should give Ambassadors like myself better choices. After all, we spend now $23,000 a year or more and stay at least 100 nights. Maybe something like a 3 night complimentary stay at a Marriott property for example. The only choice benefit I ever use is when I get to 75 nights and I choose the free night.

Just keeping it real, you guys do next to nothing special for your highest elite members. Lame.
hedoman, cre95, KRSW and 10 others like this.
mikebor is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:13 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 231
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Itís that time of the year again, Insiders! Our 2023 Annual Choice Benefit will be available next week. Eligible members who have earned at least 50 Elite Night Credits this year will be invited to select their exclusive Annual Choice Benefit.

What is your favorite benefit? Let us know below!
Good timing, just reached 50 today. Can use the SNA's for my trip next month
diablo77 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:32 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SIN, SFO, LON
Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Posts: 448
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Itís that time of the year again, Insiders! Our 2023 Annual Choice Benefit will be available next week. Eligible members who have earned at least 50 Elite Night Credits this year will be invited to select their exclusive Annual Choice Benefit.

What is your favorite benefit? Let us know below!
just to make sure, these benefits are only good for 2023 or until end of 2024?
williamluk is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:55 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Posts: 9,216
Originally Posted by diablo77
Good timing, just reached 50 today. Can use the SNA's for my trip next month
This is the time of the year that I start counting on my fingers to make sure I donít need the five extra nights at 50 to reach Titanium and the accompanying free night award. With whatís already reserved, Iíll need nine more nights, about one a month. But with the future seemingly less and less predictable, I hate to pull the trigger and grab the SNAs before I have 75 nights in the bag. Maybe Iím no longer a doe-eyed optimist.
Jailer is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 2:24 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 231
Originally Posted by Jailer
This is the time of the year that I start counting on my fingers to make sure I donít need the five extra nights at 50 to reach Titanium and the accompanying free night award. With whatís already reserved, Iíll need nine more nights, about one a month.But with the future seemingly less and less predictable, I hate to pull the trigger and grab the SNAs before I have 75 nights in the bag. Maybe Iím no longer a doe-eyed optimist.
Good point, Titanium could also be useful in a soft landing situation
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
diablo77 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 3:44 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Itís that time of the year again, Insiders! Our 2023 Annual Choice Benefit will be available next week. Eligible members who have earned at least 50 Elite Night Credits this year will be invited to select their exclusive Annual Choice Benefit.

What is your favorite benefit? Let us know below!
Good to hear - I hit 50 nights this last week and would like to select the SNAs for an upcoming trip. Do you know what day next week?
bsmit is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:09 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: YYZ
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, BA, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 31
Iím at 55 nights so as long as I can do another 15 nights then Iíll take the 5 elite night credits to bring me to the 75 nights for Titanium and another choice benefit! Itís going to be close so will likely wait until closer to the year end before deciding.
thusband is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:44 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Posts: 514
Originally Posted by mikebor
You should give Ambassadors like myself better choices. After all, we spend now $23,000 a year or more and stay at least 100 nights. Maybe something like a 3 night complimentary stay at a Marriott property for example. The only choice benefit I ever use is when I get to 75 nights and I choose the free night.

Just keeping it real, you guys do next to nothing special for your highest elite members. Lame.
HERE! HERE! How about another choice benefit when we hit 100 nights? Have been Ambassador for over 5 years but get choice benefits equivalent to Titanium. Zero differentiation.

Anyway, SNAs always
DJ_Iceman, mikebor, KRSW and 1 others like this.
buckeye91 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:51 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Detroit, MI
Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 177
I think Iím asking a question that has been answered but I keep forgetting. I was Platinum to start the year (soft landing, thank you!) and just got back to Titanium this year.

Do we get two benefit choices (the Plat, then Titanium)? Or is it just one selection for what I have?
pt360 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 6:37 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 15,559
Originally Posted by pt360
I think I’m asking a question that has been answered but I keep forgetting. I was Platinum to start the year (soft landing, thank you!) and just got back to Titanium this year.

Do we get two benefit choices (the Plat, then Titanium)? Or is it just one selection for what I have?
You qualify for choice benefits when you cross 50 nights and 75 nights in current year. Status has nothing to do with it.

Since you have Titanium, you had to stay 75 nights and are eligible to choose 2 benefits.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by margarita girl; Apr 7, 2023 at 1:51 am Reason: Clarification
margarita girl is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:26 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Redondo Beach, CA USA
Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Posts: 3,748
Originally Posted by buckeye91
HERE! HERE! How about another choice benefit when we hit 100 nights? Have been Ambassador for over 5 years but get choice benefits equivalent to Titanium. Zero differentiation.

Anyway, SNAs always
I think this is a great suggestion, and would provide an answer to the people who ask "Why should I keep staying with Marriott after I've earned xx status?" There's no reason Marriott couldn't provide a choice benefit for every 25 nights stayed, starting at 50.
mikebor, KRSW, LongLiveSPG and 1 others like this.
DJ_Iceman is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 11:25 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: SFO
Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Posts: 420
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Itís that time of the year again, Insiders! Our 2023 Annual Choice Benefit will be available next week. Eligible members who have earned at least 50 Elite Night Credits this year will be invited to select their exclusive Annual Choice Benefit.

What is your favorite benefit? Let us know below!
To answer the question, suite night awards are #1 for me. However, like others have stated there should be more benefits gained at ambassador level besides the actual ambassador service that we can choose from. More SNAís, gift SNAís etc.
FenwayTim is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2023, 12:35 am
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Posts: 15,498
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker (Post # 1)
​​​​​What is your favorite benefit? Let us know below!
At 75 nights I really like that Free Night Certificate (FNC) worth 40K points.

At 50 nights, for the past six or seven years I have always taken the 5 Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN), whether I need them or not, and will continue to do so as a lifetime Marriott BONVįYô Platinum Elite.

Beaucoup Bonvy!

🌴 🎶 💚 🤠
SPN Lifer is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2023, 4:33 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I think this is a great suggestion, and would provide an answer to the people who ask "Why should I keep staying with Marriott after I've earned xx status?" There's no reason Marriott couldn't provide a choice benefit for every 25 nights stayed, starting at 50.
do you mean when people ask why they should keep staying after attaining lifetime status [and have enough ongoing nights to maintain status elsewhere for the time being]? Not sure why someone would try to get status for a year then feel like they shouldnít stay with Marriott anymore.
b_hudson is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.