Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Coming Soon: 2023 Annual Choice Benefit

Coming Soon: 2023 Annual Choice Benefit

Old Apr 15, 2023, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I just requalified for Titanium. When does our United status get re-upgraded to Titanium?

I thought the upgrading to UA Silver was automatic and timed with the Annual Choice awards, but apparently it's not. For anyone else looking to get UA Silver from Titanium look here: https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/
Since the inception of Bonvoy, I have been Titanium Elite or higher and extended UA Gold during the pandemic on a status challenge in 2019. I have only ever applied for UA Silver via Marriott Titanium once. When I dropped from Ambassador Elite to Titanium Elite this year and when my UA Gold finally ran out to what should have been a UA Member, I have continuously retained UA Silver.

It has been automatic for me.

My last stay posted a few days ago adding up to a nice round 75 ENCs, renewal of Titanium Elite & another year of UA Silver.

I will choose my usual 5 SNAs and 40K FNA respectively again this year. SNA application has been great for me. The 40K FNA is tricky since I have access to great rates but a free night is a free night and another ENC.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Apr 15, 2023 at 3:22 pm
Old May 1, 2023, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Harv62
Looks like it's open now. Maybe. Just made my selections and have been watching a spinning wheel for quite a while now, so dunno if it worked or not.

I'm guessing not. This is on a Mac desktop using Safari.

{edit:} Definitely Not. Page changed to Something Went Wrong with a Try Again button. I'll maybe wait a few days.
Any luck? Having the same issue. Emailed Ambassador Desk as I was planning on using the SNAs soon.
Old May 1, 2023, 11:47 pm

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mdbe
Any luck? Having the same issue. Emailed Ambassador Desk as I was planning on using the SNAs soon.
I had the same issue with Mac + Chrome. Although I emailed their support team and they informed me that everything worked and I should receive them shortly. I checked today and I can indeed confirm I was given the annual choice benefits I hard requested.
Old May 3, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
How long does it take to have access to the Annual choice benefit after completing 75 nights?
Old May 3, 2023, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by diablo77
How long does it take to have access to the Annual choice benefit after completing 75 nights?
48 hours or less after the stay is hitting your account in my experience. It is not instantaneous, however.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 6:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Platinum, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I'm frothing with excitement as my Mon-Wed stay will post this afternoon and take me from 49 to 51 nights.

I'll have to be physically restrained to stop me jumping in and making my 50-night ACB as soon as it's activated on my account. Last year for the first time I had to choose 5 ENQs to get me to 75 nights by the end of the year. This year, likely SNAs but I only want them to lock in the Turquoise Suite for a possible trip back to the JW Phu Quoc which isn't booked yet. Otherwise, SNAs are not needed in Asia.

I'll time with a stopwatch how long it takes after the stay posts to my account about 2pm this afternoon before the ACB is activated. As usual, I'm not expecting to receive an email telling me about this. I don't remember ever getting an email.
Old May 3, 2023, 8:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ftrichard
I'm frothing with excitement as my Mon-Wed stay will post this afternoon and take me from 49 to 51 nights.

I'll have to be physically restrained to stop me jumping in and making my 50-night ACB as soon as it's activated on my account. Last year for the first time I had to choose 5 ENQs to get me to 75 nights by the end of the year. This year, likely SNAs but I only want them to lock in the Turquoise Suite for a possible trip back to the JW Phu Quoc which isn't booked yet. Otherwise, SNAs are not needed in Asia.

I'll time with a stopwatch how long it takes after the stay posts to my account about 2pm this afternoon before the ACB is activated. As usual, I'm not expecting to receive an email telling me about this. I don't remember ever getting an email.
After my 75th night posted I received an e-mail that I could make a Titanium choice award. IIRC, it was about two days after the stay posted. I also received an email when choice awards came online. I was well over 50 nights long before then.

I haven't made any choices yet.

James
ftrichard likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 1:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Platinum, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by ftrichard

Well, as predicted my stay posted about 2pm today. The link on my Marriott account Overview page online immediately showed the announcement:

You qualify for an Annual Choice Benefit for staying 50 nights.

However, when I click on the link and the new page opens it's still saying I'm not yet eligible. That batch processing again. The punch cards cannot have been loaded on the ACB system by the goblin yet...
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by ftrichard; May 4, 2023 at 1:54 am
Old Jul 31, 2023, 4:30 pm

Just qualified for as a Platinum. If I select 5 Elite Qualifying night now, which will bring me much closer to qualifying for Titanium status before the end of the year. Do I get to choose another Annual Choice Benefit upon qualifying for Titanium?
Old Jul 31, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Originally Posted by canadianidol
Just qualified for as a Platinum. If I select 5 Elite Qualifying night now, which will bring me much closer to qualifying for Titanium status before the end of the year. Do I get to choose another Annual Choice Benefit upon qualifying for Titanium?
Yes you get an additional choice at the Titanium level.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by canadianidol
If you're new(ish) to ACBs then here's a tip if you're going to choose the 5 EQNs: Wait until your night count is at 70 before you make this choice. This will be later in the year but it makes no difference to when you will qualify as Titanium because you still have to get to 75 nights. However it could make a different to your choice. If you don't do enough additional nights this year to get to 70 then the 5 EQNs are wasted because you won't hit 75 with them. If you do more than 75 EQNs on or before the end of the year then the 5 EQNs are also wasted. And you can choose the 5 SNAs that many people do at 50 nights. The sweet spot for the 5 EQNs is to have a night count between 70-74 nights before 31 December (there's another sweet spot at 95-99 nights). Of course, you may want the 5 EQNs anyway to inch you further towards lifetime status but fewer people would strategise like this. Just something to consider.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 4:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I think this is a great suggestion, and would provide an answer to the people who ask "Why should I keep staying with Marriott after I've earned xx status?" There's no reason Marriott couldn't provide a choice benefit for every 25 nights stayed, starting at 50.
To take advantage of the status, otherwise, why would you need status in the first place?
billdokes likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 8:02 am

Is there a way to select the 50 night award ONLY? The website seems to force you to select th 50 night and 75 night in the same process. I want to leave the 75 night award until Jan 1 (despite the new T&C wording).
Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by FlySkyHigh
Is there a way to select the 50 night award ONLY? The website seems to force you to select th 50 night and 75 night in the same process. I want to leave the 75 night award until Jan 1 (despite the new T&C wording).
That came up in another thread too.

Selecting Annual Choice Benefit - Page 130 - FlyerTalk Forums

See posts #1946 and 1947. Seems Marriott enhanced the Benefits selection.
SPN Lifer and FlySkyHigh like this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
That came up in another thread too.

Selecting Annual Choice Benefit - Page 130 - FlyerTalk Forums

See posts #1946 and 1947. Seems Marriott enhanced the Benefits selection.

Thank you. I see the FAQ now says this below. I believe this is new behaviour. I remember checking a few months ago and I could have selected them independently.

If you are eligible for both a 50-Night and a 75-Night Annual Choice Benefit, you will be required to make both selections at the same time.
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.