Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Coming Soon: 2023 Annual Choice Benefit

Coming Soon: 2023 Annual Choice Benefit

Old Apr 7, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Oh joy. SNAs that properties never accept? Elite nights for an LTT? I'll put those right next to the bag tags collecting dust in the closet. It's been quite some time since I found any of these items useful.
mikebor likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I found SNAs to be quite useful last year and have been looking forward to refreshing my balance for the upcoming year (though, I'll still probably pick the certificate for 75 nights). Properties seemed quite happy to accept them - in fact, I think I only had one denial if I remember correctly.
KRSW and Polytonic like this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Allow SNAs to confirm automatically if properties have suite availability at the time they're applied, just like the Hyatt programme.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 10:33 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Oh joy. SNAs that properties never accept? Elite nights for an LTT? I'll put those right next to the bag tags collecting dust in the closet. It's been quite some time since I found any of these items useful.
I guess we all have different experiences with SNAs clearing depending on the property, demand, etc.

Last year, I used all of mine in Italy. All cleared well ahead of arrival during the busy month of September and had beautiful suites
Old Apr 7, 2023, 10:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by mikebor
You should give Ambassadors like myself better choices. After all, we spend now $23,000 a year or more and stay at least 100 nights. Maybe something like a 3 night complimentary stay at a Marriott property for example. The only choice benefit I ever use is when I get to 75 nights and I choose the free night.

Just keeping it real, you guys do next to nothing special for your highest elite members. Lame.
yes. give ambassadors a better choice. make it a really good one. oh and bump the minimum spend requirement to $50k. make it worthwhile...
Old Apr 7, 2023, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I would like to see guaranteed SNA's applied at time of booking - like Hyatt.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 12:41 pm

I would also like to see guaranteed SNA's applied at time of booking - like Hyatt.
Yul_voyager and mpeterson78 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 6:36 pm

Programs: BA AA AX starwood
Instead of the 40K free night for Titanium, Marriott should make it an 85K free night. Where is the incentive to rack up more ngts after Platinum. Wake up Marriott!!
DiverDave and mikebor like this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
A 40K-point Free Night Certificate (FNC) as an Annual Choice Benefit (ACB) is enough incentive for many of us to pursue 75 Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN), certainly with U.S.-based credit-card holders who get 30 (or even 40) EQN annually from their cards. Particularly given the benefits of attaining Marriott BONVY Titanium Elite status itself.

I agree, however, that there is little incentive to seek 100 EQN, especially if status with a competitor is within reach. This is the level at which an 85K-point FNC would be most appropriate as an ACB.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Good, I'll be at 75 nights in 2 weeks and already successfully used all of my SNAs for the year Time to get the new ones!
Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wish the Free Night Cert can be valid at any property like Hilton. Perhaps that's something for the 100 EQN?
Old Apr 8, 2023, 11:05 am

Fixed value FNCs in the new world of variable redemption rates certainly make even less sense than they used to
YYZTHF and Yul_voyager like this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 12:48 pm

60 nights at Hyatt you get:
  • 4 club lounge passes (~$100)
  • Free night (1-4 category)
  • $100 Hyatt gift card or 5,000 bonus points
  • 4 Suite Upgrade Awards (confirmable at the time of booking for 4 stays, not 4 nights)
  • Free night (1-7 category)
While 75+ nights at Marriott gets you:
  • 5 Suite Night Awards (if they even clear...), 5 EQNs, or 40% off a mattress that's insanely marked up and almost always 30% off to the general public anyway
  • 1 free night up to 40k points, or 5 more SNAs
Marriott's choice benefits are an absolute joke.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by rucksack
60 nights at Hyatt you get:
  • 4 club lounge passes (~$100)
  • Free night (1-4 category)
  • $100 Hyatt gift card or 5,000 bonus points
  • 4 Suite Upgrade Awards (confirmable at the time of booking for 4 stays, not 4 nights)
  • Free night (1-7 category)
While 75+ nights at Marriott gets you:
  • 5 Suite Night Awards (if they even clear...), 5 EQNs, or 40% off a mattress that's insanely marked up and almost always 30% off to the general public anyway
  • 1 free night up to 40k points, or 5 more SNAs
Marriott's choice benefits are an absolute joke.
To be fair, its actually infinitely more difficult to achieve 60 Hyatt nights for a lot of people given the small footprint (compared to Marriott at least) of Hyatt hotels. I do envy those whose go to hotels are Hyatt ..
Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:02 pm

I like to choose the 5 SNAs for 50 nights and the free night for 75 nights. Currently have 152 nights right now after the two bonus offers right now. I could really use the 5 SNAs because I have a 6 night stay coming up in May and currently only have 4 SNAs left.
KRSW likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.