Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Will Marriott Reopen Lifetime Titanium Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Marriott Reopen Lifetime Titanium Status?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
You managed to get a suite upgrade?

Originally Posted by merrickdb
Another Titanium benefit that isn't available to Platinum members is upgrades to suites at Ritz-Carlton hotels (albeit not to suites that include Club access). That benefit has been quite valuable to me.
You got a suite upgrade @ a Ritz Carlton, much less any upgrade at all?

Whatdayaknow PIGS CAN FLY?!? I'm guessing these upgrades were at an international RC property?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Another Titanium benefit that isn't available to Platinum members is upgrades to suites at Ritz-Carlton hotels (albeit not to suites that include Club access). That benefit has been quite valuable to me.
Oops, don’t stay at hotels that don’t give me free breakfast.
fdem, spgvun and yurtripper like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by bubu-SNA
You got a suite upgrade @ a Ritz Carlton, much less any upgrade at all?

Whatdayaknow PIGS CAN FLY?!? I'm guessing these upgrades were at an international RC property?
I've definitely received suite upgrades at domestic RC properties (Georgetown and Chicago).
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
First I have heard of that benefit.

Of course, it's been so long since I saw an upgrade anywhere, I personally wouldn't count on it.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
First I have heard of that benefit.

Of course, it's been so long since I saw an upgrade anywhere, I personally wouldn't count on it.
If a Lifetime Titanium never gets upgrades, perhaps we don't want that status to reopen? Sounds like a major bummer.
Jiatong likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
​​​​​​
A suitable lifetime Titanium Elite status qualification criterion, competitive with Hilton and Hyatt, would be 1,000 Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN) and ten years as a Titanium Elite.

If Marriott information technology (IT) records are only reliable, with regard to the ten years, beginning in 2018, then that should be an explicit part of the terms and conditions.

Beaucoup Bonvy!

​​​​​​
Tanic and drod like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
​​​​​​
A suitable lifetime Titanium Elite status qualification criterion, competitive with Hilton and Hyatt, would be 1,000 Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN) and ten years as a Titanium Elite.

If Marriott information technology (IT) records are only reliable, with regard to the ten years, beginning in 2018, then that should be an explicit part of the terms and conditions.

Beaucoup Bonvy!

​​​​​​
more like 1500 nights to be in sync with Hilton and Hyatt… unless they stop counting CC nights.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hyatt (lifetime) Glob is more similar to Bonvoy AMB (which of course isn't available on an earned lifetime basis) when there were personal Ambassadors and not just an anonymous "team." Lifetime Glob is based on spend only and would generally require more than a thousand lifetime nights or ten years of top tier status unless one consistently stays at the most expensive properties or most expensive locations.
SPN Lifer and Tanic like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:04 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

It's fun to read the speculation about something that is not going to happen.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by dayone
It's fun to read the speculation about something that is not going to happen.
Agreed - leave it to FT to show you the innumerable ways to flog a dead horse.

khabah
margarita girl and nexus7556 like this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spgvun
Sadly, I must concur. As a Canadian who already has status with Air Canada, the UA benefit does not help. Also, I rarely get upgraded (though admittedly, I seldom ask and typically don’t care). I do appreciate the 75% point bonus (vs. 50%) and there is no competition for that so if it were up to me, I’d welcome you to the LTT club 😁
To me, as someone US based, the main benefit of UA Silver is the ability to select extra-legroom seats (Economy Plus) at check-in time (on UA metal only) at no cost. And, at least on the routes I fly, there's always unassigned Economy Plus seats (and not just middle seats) available at check-in time, because people without status have to pay extra for them. And as a 6' tall person, that's the kind of "upgrade" on domestic flights that I value the most.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Another good benefit of UA Premier Silver is the minimum 500 miles per segment toward lifetime Premier Gold status. Lifetime Marriott Bonvy Titanium Elite status would be very valuable indeed for some of us.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
NEW Lifetime Rhodium status

Originally Posted by UASPG
NEW Lifetime Rhodium status

I just checked my account, as well as the Lifetime status rules, and saw that I had twice the number of required years as a Platinum member and more than twice the number of nights required for that status.

"Does Marriott have Lifetime Titanium status? Yes, but only for those elites who were grandfathered into the program when Marriott and Starwood merged in 2018. If you had 750 elite nights and 10 years as a Platinum member with either Starwood or Marriott, you received Lifetime Titanium Elite status."

Any plan to come up with a new status, Mr. Marriott or Mr. Bonvoy?

"Announcing the Rhodium Lifetime status for Bonvoy members that have had at least 20 years the Platinum status and 1,500 elite nights recorded in their account".

Suggestions for additional benefits, for that "upcoming" status, are welcome.

PS: not sure that this post belongs to this "Will Marriott reopen the Lifetime Titanium status", but that it is where it was forwarded.
As I did not select this thread for my above post, I feel a little bit uninvited on it. Anyway, I don't have the choice and will continue here.

A perk for a new status with a minimum of 20 years, as a Platinum, and 1,500 elite nights could grant you - every year - 5 guaranteed suite night upgrades (if available at the time of booking), when reaching 75 nights, and an additional 5, when reaching 100 nights. Just an idea for a new carrot for those that have reached the existing top status.

Last edited by UASPG; Jun 26, 2022 at 9:10 pm
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UASPG
Just an idea for a new carrot for those that have reached the existing top status.
If you haven't noticed, Marriott has been chopping the tops off carrots, not extending them.

We've been Bonvyed!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
If you haven't noticed, Marriott has been chopping the tops off carrots, not extending them.

We've been Bonvyed!
I always thought that one of the reasons that Marriott purchased Starwood, even with the addtl 1B$, was to get rid of a competitor that was leading in the benefits given to their elite members.
But, you never know: look at IHG that started to offer complimentary breakfasts - who would have thought that they would ever give up on that benefit?

In the mid-time, not having anymore constraint or incentive, I am enjoying discovering properties outside Marriott. Both Hilton and IHG are treating me well.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.