Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Mal, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2023, 9:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NYer18
Do they provide life jackets for snorkeling, if requested? Obviously, not ideal for snorkeling, but some people might appreciate having one.
Also, does the Ritz provide floats or tubes?
if we have 3 people staying in a 1 bedroom, will they provide us with a third bicycle?
Does the resort have gluten free, low sugar snacks for the rooms?
We’re scheduled to arrive in 2 months. Should we have heard from the Ritz regarding our boat transfer?
Here ya go, here's the pictures of all the free stuff that was in our Honor Bar, replenished daily (as of Dec 2022).

1st picture is pretty self-explanatory. Note that Nespresso capsules were always refillable, there were an extra 4-6 room-temp bottled Still waters in this cabinet at all times... and also note those cookies! I don't know what other guests thought, but these cookies were basically gourmet cookies and extremely tasty/addictive -- chocolate choco, chocolate chip, and oatmeal raisin.

2nd picture

1st column
bottled Sparkling water
Coronas (2)
"Whispering Angel Rose" wine (not original to this Honor Bar, it was gifted to our room by the RC, and we kicked out the wine bottle and put this one in instead)

2nd column
more Sparkling water
Aperol Spritz (2)
Another bottle of wine, "Pascal Jolivet" (part of the Honor Bar, gotta pay to drink this one)

3rd column
Grapefruit soda
Tonic water
Ginger Ale
Orange juice
Boysenberry juice

4th column, under the tray
This was a Billecart Brut Reserve that was also a paid item in the bar, and we got creative in putting it in because the bottle was too tall. (We did receive a same-size Billecart Salmon Brut Rose bottle when we checked in, on the house, and not included in these two pictures.)

5th column
A variety of milks, including cow's milk, almond milk, and soy milk
Cans of Sprite, Fanta, Coca Cola

On the tray
Also self-explanatory

(Aside from alcohol pictured here,) All this stuff was replenished daily for free, by housekeeping. In general, housekeeping replenished our waters mostly with Still waters, but I imagine you can also ask for Sparkling only. (As I understand it, the RC Maldives has its own industrial water purification system on-site, which is why water is free here, compared to most of the other resorts.) Once or twice in this 81-page thread, people mentioned that they had breakfast, and then snacked on all this stuff until dinner... and I totally believe that's possible! I mean, who cares about nutrition!!!

Not pictured: A big bowl of fruit, always replenished for free, daily. Usually consisting of an apple, a pear, a couple plums, a banana, a couple small oranges, maybe 1-2 kiwi, and 3-4 small passion fruit. No need to bring your own fruit, that's for sure!

iluvdoco and Arfandada like this.

Last edited by cmhsieh54; Jan 2, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Old Jan 3, 2023, 9:31 am

Not sure the link to the document works...
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Ash.a
Which specific link? There are links all over the place in the wiki and the thread....
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by cmhsieh54
Here is my 8-page Trip Report for the RC Maldives, as of December 2022: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12UV...ew?usp=sharing

I believe that the description of the booking, check-in, stay, and check-out experiences will be useful to give anybody additional confidence regarding what to expect. Even if you've gone through all 81 pages of this thread, the typical traveler who has not yet visited the RC Maldives will likely find at least a few additionally useful pro-tips in this Google Drive document.

I write this document following up another Google Drive document I compiled in Post #1190, to reciprocate all the great advice I read leading up to my trip, and to expand upon that advice. In case there is any contradiction between that document and this one, I'd follow this one.

Cheers, -cmhsieh54
Thank you for the detailed write-up and review! Would you return and was ice cream at the Creamery free for guests or just kids?
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:51 pm

Which pay link to use for speedboat to get Marriott bonus?
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:05 pm

.deleted.

Last edited by cmhsieh54; Jan 3, 2023 at 3:35 pm
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thank you for the detailed write-up and review! Would you return and was ice cream at the Creamery free for guests or just kids?
Great question. I was there for 6 nights this time. Let's just say that the RC Maldives still remains in my Top 5 places to burn my points. Maybe Top 3.

The Creamery was open to everybody for free ice cream, not just kids!
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Ash.a
I think what's happening is that you're new to checking links on Flyertalk (seeing that you just joined this past couple days), and you're trying to copy/paste the link. It won't work if you do that. You need to actually click the link (the one with the blue underline).

I opened both documents (my 18-page compilation and my 8-page trip report) in a guest session of Google Chrome. No problems at all.

Last edited by cmhsieh54; Jan 3, 2023 at 5:23 pm
Old Jan 3, 2023, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Which specific link? There are links all over the place in the wiki and the thread....
S/he is new to FT and was likely trying to access either of my two recent posted documents, attempting to copy/paste the truncated links.

Last edited by cmhsieh54; Jan 3, 2023 at 5:25 pm
Old Jan 4, 2023, 4:04 am

Heads up, everybody!

My points just hit my Marriott account, and I'm not happy.

On dining over my 6 nights, I spent USD $1410. After adding a $150 tip for housekeeping, I paid a total of USD $1560 at checkout.

However, not all of either figure was used to calculate my base and elite bonus points.

Instead, from (say) the $1410, only USD $674 counted towards the bonus. I understand that taxes and/or tips may not be included, but still, $674 is not at all close to $1410.

I have contacted [email protected] and hope that they can explain to me what's going on.

In the meantime, just realize that not all your expenses at this RC Maldives may receive the 10x base bonus.

What a disappointment. I'll report back what I find out.

Last edited by cmhsieh54; Jan 4, 2023 at 4:23 am
Old Jan 4, 2023, 4:27 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Heads up, everybody!

On dining over my 6 nights, I spent USD $1410. After adding a $150 tip for housekeeping, I paid a total of USD $1560 at checkout.

However, not all of either figure was used to calculate my base and elite bonus points.

Instead, from (say) the $1410, only USD $674 counted towards the bonus. I understand that taxes and/or tips may not be included, but still, $674 is not at all close to $1410.

I have contacted [email protected] and hope that they can explain to me what's going on.

In the meantime, just realize that not all your expenses at this RC Maldives may receive the 10x base bonus.

Mine has a discrepancy which I calculated to be the charge for the Fari Festival held over at Patina. That charge was solely for food and drink over there as the entry itself was free, so it should be eligible as far as I'm concerned and I emailed about it as well.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Mine has a discrepancy which I calculated to be the charge for the Fari Festival held over at Patina. That was for food and drink over there so it should be eligible as far as I'm concerned and I emailed about it as well.
Even when I take out Fari Festival, and restaurant liquor, it's still REALLY far off.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 5:22 am

Programs: JL JGP (OWE), NH SFC (*G), Mariott Titanium
Heads up, everybody!

Almost everything counted in my case with the exception of (1) Dive Center charges, (2) Fari Festival (which was somewhat expected), (3) tips and (4) taxes and service charge. For the prepaid charges the New Year Eve dinner also counted as well (and of course it’s a no to the speedboat charge).

I do have a double points on weekend stays promotion going, but not sure if I am going to get that since the stay is on points. Will dig into the T&C on the definition of “Qualifying rate” to confirm.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:53 pm

Heads up, everybody!

how did you manage $1400 for dining? Thats just 240 a day. Thought dinner is 240 alone.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 7:11 pm

What other islands are accessible from the RC

I've noticed that people have mentioned the RC being connected to some other resorts. What resorts is the RC connected to and can you go to the other resorts to try their dining options/activities?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.