Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 10:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by OCedHrt
I mean there are plenty of Chinese cuisines that don't involve duck at all. Do you mean Bejing Duck or Cantonese BBQ Duck? These two are the primary duck dishes I'm aware of.
I assume the person you’re referring to was referring to American Chinese cuisine. As you reference, if you go into a random restaurant in China it is very unlikely that they will have duck. This strikes me a bit like complaining that there are American chefs with restaurants overseas who do not carry hamburgers.
Old May 12, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat
The afternoon tea is still shown on their activities page on the hotel website (under "A Halo of Discoveries"): https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...ies/activities.
My initial email a couple days ago to collect the transfer charges also lists the afternoon tea under "Enjoy the following benefits at our courtesy: Daily Afternoon tea at La Locanda as from 16:00 – 17:00"
Old May 12, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by godbreath
The afternoon tea is still shown on their activities page on the hotel website (under "A Halo of Discoveries"): https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...ies/activities.
My initial email a couple days ago to collect the transfer charges also lists the afternoon tea under "Enjoy the following benefits at our courtesy: Daily Afternoon tea at La Locanda as from 16:00 – 17:00"
I spoke to the hotel recently and they said afternoon tea has been discountied but will bring back happy hour.
Old May 12, 2022, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by godbreath
I got an email 3 days ago confirming the afternoon tea. I’ll ask them to honor it when I get there next weekend let’s see how that goes…
Old May 13, 2022, 1:26 am

Anyone have issues with trying to pay the cash portion of your stay through the Bank of Maldives link? I'm trying to pay with a Visa and for some reason I keep getting an error. Not sure if me trying to do it after midnight is causing an issue, but will try again in the morning.
Old May 13, 2022, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by knokturnl
Anyone have issues with trying to pay the cash portion of your stay through the Bank of Maldives link? I'm trying to pay with a Visa and for some reason I keep getting an error. Not sure if me trying to do it after midnight is causing an issue, but will try again in the morning.
I believe they’re having problems. I paid with my Amex 2 days ago because my chase wouldn’t go through. and today they emailed me asking for payment again 🤦🏻‍♂️
Old May 13, 2022, 11:37 am

I'm a Titanium and booked into an OWV with points, which room numbers I should ask for? I assume upgrade chance is slim?

Thanks!
Old May 13, 2022, 11:40 am

Saw Jamie Vardy and his wife were here in January.
Old May 13, 2022, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by jcave114
I believe they’re having problems. I paid with my Amex 2 days ago because my chase wouldn’t go through. and today they emailed me asking for payment again 🤦🏻‍♂️
Yeah my Chase isn't going through either! Will email them back and see what they say because I'd prefer to use this specific Chase card.
Old May 13, 2022, 8:56 pm

Payments

We leave a week from Monday, stay 5 days in Baa Atoll before heading south to the ritz. Navy’s Ray season just started and I want to dive and snorkel on the UNESCO biosphere.

I’ve heard from the hotel as we were transferred from the St Regis but nothing about payment.

I’m curious when we’ll hear from. Them looking for payment.

thanks!
Old May 13, 2022, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by n2bspld
We leave a week from Monday, stay 5 days in Baa Atoll before heading south to the ritz. Navy’s Ray season just started and I want to dive and snorkel on the UNESCO biosphere.

I’ve heard from the hotel as we were transferred from the St Regis but nothing about payment.

I’m curious when we’ll hear from. Them looking for payment.

thanks!
We were able to alter our plans surprisingly. We’re now staying at the St Regis for 5 nights (May 26-31) and Ritz for 2. Happy with this change given my wife and I wanted to experience the St Regis on what’s likely our final trip to the Maldives. So far we’ve heard Decanter and Whale Bar Grill will be closed while we’re at STR. Whale Bar will still be open for drinks. If we don’t charter a boat at STR for a whale shark trip, we’ll still look at doing Adastra on June 1st.

As for payment, I heard from them on May 1st. I’d shoot them a note. They’ve been great about responding within 24 hrs.
Old May 14, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
We will be at the RC from 20-26 June. I haven’t been asked for payment. We also changed from. 7 night stay at the STR and changed it to 6 nights at RC during the renovation transfer (we added a night to our stay on the way home at Al Maha).

Curious to see what happens With the 1 night points credited back (under the old scheme) and when they will reach out to us for money and from a hospitality standpoint.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:47 pm

For the snorkel activities (Shark, Turtle, etc), do they provide life jackets for non/weak swimmers? Or is it recommended that they do not participate? For the lagoon view rooms, is the snorkeling right off the deck any good? If not anyone have recommendations on what hotels would be good for this?
Old May 15, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by laddielad
For the snorkel activities (Shark, Turtle, etc), do they provide life jackets for non/weak swimmers? Or is it recommended that they do not participate? For the lagoon view rooms, is the snorkeling right off the deck any good? If not anyone have recommendations on what hotels would be good for this?
cant speak for RC (though given it’s young state I’d imagine not great for snorkeling), but STR was fantastic for snorkeling right off the deck, especially the villas far from the island (close to the JJA). I imagine W is great too.
Old May 15, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by laddielad
I second the STR and from reading many reviews about the W they have great sea life too. All resorts ether have life jackets in the villas or will provide them on request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.