Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Can you earn 30 elite night credits for Bonvoy from credit cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you earn 30 elite night credits for Bonvoy from credit cards?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
How did you do this?
It's an one time upgrade offer
https://thepointsguy.com/news/target...night-credits/
escapefromphl likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:59 pm

What's the best Marriott business card?
Old Mar 31, 2020, 7:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by turbov6
Three cards here.
Canadian: Amex Bonvoy personal and business (2)
American: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant personal (1)

No 30 nights (just the regular 15 nights from before).
We are suckers *shrugs*
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by audio-nut
What's the best Marriott business card?
There's only one (currently open to applications).
buschoi likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I find it difficult to believe that this is anything other than a policy forced on them by an IT snafu. Just like when it became a policy that SNAs couldn't be used on pre-paid rates when it was clearly just something the IT wasn't able to handle and fixing it was very low on the priority list (and the workaround still worked after the policy came into force).

Marriott's doing everything it can to cut down on easy qualifying nights (1) only one consumer card gives 15 nights; (2) no more 10 bogus meeting nights; (3) removal of qualifying nights for up to three rooms etc. And, *current situation aside*, I don't believe they need to bump up their elite numbers in the US with such a geographically-focused policy.

I bet that somebody realised the corporate card hadn't been included in the IT rules that limit the 15 qualifying nights to one card only and rather than fix the IT they decided to make it a policy for this year before the travel bloggers had a field day highlighting the discrepancy when the corporate card nights posted.

I reckon this will be removed in the future when the IT Change Request to fix it is prioritised and delivered.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by ftrichard
I reckon this will be removed in the future when the IT Change Request to fix it is prioritised and delivered.
If Marriott’s IT is really that bad heads need to roll. It’s 2020 not 1990 - it shouldn’t take months and months to make minor qualification changes.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
If Marriott’s IT is really that bad heads need to roll. It’s 2020 not 1990 - it shouldn’t take months and months to make minor qualification changes.
I hate to be the one to break it to you and not to labour the point but, yes, the vast majority of regular posters on here would probably agree that Marriott's IT *is* really that bad since the launch of Bonvoy and - while you're correct that it shouldn't take months and months - it apparently does if it gets fixed at all. As an off-topic immediate example, most of our accounts only updated the "Years and Platinum or higher" counts in March when we'd been waiting for this to update since January when some accounts were apparently updated. Anyway, maybe heads have rolled and your comment is justified but take a look through the rest of this Marriott forum and you will see that what I claim here has a lot of evidence to support it.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:23 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
I realize Bonvoy Gold is not much, but with 30 EQN, that would be automatic Gold status, right?

LAX
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:48 am

Hmm should I apply for a marriot bonvoy small business card then?
Or is a serious devaluation about to hit? hmmm
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ftrichard
I bet that somebody realised the corporate card hadn't been included in the IT rules that limit the 15 qualifying nights to one card only and rather than fix the IT they decided to make it a policy for this year before the travel bloggers had a field day highlighting the discrepancy when the corporate card nights posted.
I do not agree. Many flyertalkers including me have had both the personal AND corporate/business cards for many years. None of us received 15 additional elite nights last year, and many of us received those 15 elite nights overnight. It appears to me Marriott is adding these 15 elite nights for business card holders on purpose rather than the IT screwing up. IT actually had to write additional codes to make this work (compared to last year).
SPN Lifer, lsquare and nexusCFX like this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
so Marriott makes it easier/super easy to get status IF YOU LIVE IN NA and removed meetings rollover etc that were available to EVERYONE no matter where you lived! great move 😂😂
Old Apr 1, 2020, 5:09 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Marriott to non-Americans: DROP DEAD

Last edited by yurtripper; Apr 1, 2020 at 6:37 am Reason: Changed to reflect the fact that it only applies to US, not Canada.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by kauppias
so Marriott makes it easier/super easy to get status IF YOU LIVE IN NA and removed meetings rollover etc that were available to EVERYONE no matter where you lived! great move 😂😂
No. it’s just US, not Canada.
qlaval likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:34 am

I am now thinking about freeing up one of my Amex slots (5 cards already) and then applying for the Amex Marriott Bonvoy business card. How long should I wait after I close a card to apply? Should I do it on the same day or it doesn’t matter, thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by buschoi
I do not agree. Many flyertalkers including me have had both the personal AND corporate/business cards for many years. None of us received 15 additional elite nights last year, and many of us received those 15 elite nights overnight. It appears to me Marriott is adding these 15 elite nights for business card holders on purpose rather than the IT screwing up. IT actually had to write additional codes to make this work (compared to last year).
You're probably right. Strategic move, excellently executed, to reward that niche group: US citizens. I'm just jealous, on behalf of the entire rest of the world, that such a minority group gets special treatment. They'll have to do something for those of us domiciled in China now. It's a massive market for Marriott in terms of both managed hotels and customers. Don't want us crying about discrimination.

Last edited by ftrichard; Apr 1, 2020 at 5:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.