Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Can you earn 30 elite night credits for Bonvoy from credit cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you earn 30 elite night credits for Bonvoy from credit cards?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2020, 8:46 am

Worked (quickly)

I had the SPG Business card but cancelled during the merger a couple of years ago. At the time it had really no benefits-- no free night, etc., and the retention department offered nothing when the annual fee was due.

Reapplied and approved Friday (knew I would not get the sign up bonus) and the 15 nights were added to my account this morning. Was surprised I received them so fast-- website indicated it could take 60 days (and Marriott's IT department has been terrible since the merger).
SPN Lifer, qlaval and dagangwood like this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by cfischer
oh yuck, this is horrendous. Hello lounge crowding ... just 20 nights a year incl promos to make Platinum. What is Marriott thinking .... oh my.
This is just a return to what used to be policy when you owned more than one Marriott card from Chase, business and personal. Before the SPG merger, you could stack annual bonus nights from each card. Now, you simply can again.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
This is just a return to what used to be policy when you owned more than one Marriott card from Chase, business and personal. Before the SPG merger, you could stack annual bonus nights from each card. Now, you simply can again.
oh I understand. They put away with all the doubling & tripling down and rollover and 10 nights for meetings and so on and so forth .... for a very valid reason. Now they are rolling it back and I don't want to go back to lounges being unusable which is what we have seen when all of these nonsense rules were in place.
In fact since Marriott stopped it there have been many more upgrades for me and pleasant lounge experiences.
Guess they are desperate right now.
lsquare and ftrichard like this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Marriott Bonv°y Business AmEx, here we come!

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Too bad there's no way to get a biz card through Chase anymore tho. I am well under 5/2​​​​​4.
Originally Posted by phant0m
I guess I have to re-open my Amex Biz card​​​​​​ now.
Originally Posted by audio-nut
What's the best Marriott business card?
Originally Posted by aacar
There's only one (currently open to applications)​​​​​​.
Originally Posted by pewpew
As a Canadian, these reports make me want to dig up my SSN and open a US Bonvoy business Amex to match my Canadian personal one, except I don't have a business...
Start one. Mowing lawns, walking dogs, selling things on eBay — any old sole proprietorship will do. Might you need a U.S. address?
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Since the Chase Marriott Bonv°y Business Visa is no longer open to new applicants, this looks like a move to restore some business to AmEx, after so many of us cancelled our duplicate SPG >> Bonv°y personal AmEx cards.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Since the Chase Marriott Bonv°y Business Visa is no longer open to new applicants, this looks like a move to restore some business to AmEx, after so many of us cancelled our duplicate SPG >> Bonv°y personal AmEx cards.
Perhaps. I have both the Chase business and personal Bonvoy VISA cards, as well as the Bonvoy American Express. The last one remains on the bubble because I don't really need/want a third free night certificate. But this ability to earn 15 nights from both a personal and business Bonvoy card again will ensure some keep both Chase VISA cards, too. (As a Lifetime Titanium, I'm okay regardless.)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by cfischer
oh I understand. They put away with all the doubling & tripling down and rollover and 10 nights for meetings and so on and so forth .... for a very valid reason. Now they are rolling it back and I don't want to go back to lounges being unusable which is what we have seen when all of these nonsense rules were in place.
In fact since Marriott stopped it there have been many more upgrades for me and pleasant lounge experiences.
Guess they are desperate right now.
I think just about every company in the travel/hospitality industry are desperate for cash right now.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Any Canadian holding both Business Amex and personal Amex that got 30 nights? I have both but only have 15 nights.
Hi,
same here.
did you figure out why the extra 15 nights didn't add up?

thanks,
Old Apr 27, 2020, 6:13 am

hi,

did you get ny reply from bonvoy?
i have the same issue
Old Apr 27, 2020, 6:18 am

hi,
no same..only 15
did you contact bonvoy?
Old May 7, 2020, 7:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
DP

May 04: Applied Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business [USA] and Approved
May 06: 15 Elite Night Credits posted
joakgarp and hyedmd like this.
Old May 9, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by Mhzmhzmhz
Hi,
same here.
did you figure out why the extra 15 nights didn't add up?

thanks,
Because it’s a Canadian Amex
Old May 10, 2020, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by reslfakb
I had the SPG Business card but cancelled during the merger a couple of years ago. At the time it had really no benefits-- no free night, etc., and the retention department offered nothing when the annual fee was due.

Reapplied and approved Friday (knew I would not get the sign up bonus) and the 15 nights were added to my account this morning. Was surprised I received them so fast-- website indicated it could take 60 days (and Marriott's IT department has been terrible since the merger).
Same here. Approved on Friday and my nights went from 15 to 30 today, which is just two days.

It was a tough choice to use a credit card slot when I am not eligible for the sign up bonus but this should get me to lifetime plat at or around the start of 2022. Just hope they don’t change the program.
Old May 11, 2020, 12:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Has anyone been able to get 30 nights from one Canadian + 1 US account, e.g. Canadian personal + US biz?
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:00 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
I just got approved for the Amex Marriott business card. When should I expect to have these additional 15 nights posted to my Marriott account?
Old Jul 3, 2020, 7:45 am

I think the terms and conditions state something like 30-60 days, but I received mine a lot faster. I think it was within 24 hours. Was definitely not more than 48 hours.
hyedmd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.