Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Can you earn 30 elite night credits for Bonvoy from credit cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you earn 30 elite night credits for Bonvoy from credit cards?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:10 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Trying to be vague but...is this thread suddenly relevant to anyone as of recently?
pageboy likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Trying to be vague but...is this thread suddenly relevant to anyone as of recently?
You may receive up to 30 nights if you hold both a personal and small business credit card.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: Free Agent
I noticed that I received 30 nights as well. Could be a glitch, but who knows? Nothing to do but wait and see if it sticks.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Likewise. Got another 15 today. Not sure which card contributed to it. Wonder is it is a glitch.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by porphyra
Likewise. Got another 15 today. Not sure which card contributed to it. Wonder is it is a glitch.
Not a glitch. I got another 15 as well.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/30-eli...-credit-cards/

A maximum of 15 Elite Night Credits will be provided per Marriott Bonvoy Member Account, unless you have both a small business Marriott Bonvoy Card account and a consumer Marriott Bonvoy Card account; then, you may receive a combined maximum of 30 Elite Night Credits (15 per Card account).
t1c likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:07 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Yep. After doing some research on her end, my Ambassador politely told me to go pound sand.
did you get your extra 15 nights?
Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:57 am
soy

Programs: various
Sounds like Plat is about to be devalued
anteater likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
If this is actually not a glitch, having 2 CCs and just doing 20 nights a year for platinum is ridiculously easy in a post COVID-19 era (even for a casual traveler).
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by cvseuy
If this is actually not a glitch, having 2 CCs and just doing 20 nights a year for platinum is ridiculously easy in a post COVID-19 era (even for a casual traveler).
Agreed, this seems quite ridiculous indeed....

That being said, anyone with Canadian Bonvoy AMEXs get the 30 nights? I don't see the same wording in the AMEX T&C.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: hahaha
Adding on to the request for any Canadian DPs, especially Canadians with one card in Canada and one card in the US via Global Transfer?
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:34 am

This is huge, good and bad. I currently hold 3 Marriott cards (Vintage Original Chase Marriott that still gives you 1 elite night for every 3 k spend, the SPG card which is now Amex Bonvoy, and then Amex Brilliant card with the $450 annual fee). I hope Marriott does not up the nights for Platinum to 75 (Titanium level). That being said, we are loyal Bonoy members, just the footprint and the privileges have been awesome, U.S., Canada and Asia for us (maybe we have been very lucky).

Seriously thinking about freeing up one of my Amex slots (5 cards already) and then applying for the business card.

Doesn't seem fair in a way, I do have 3 Marriott cards, why only the combo of business and personal gets this perk... All part of the game I guess and we just have to play by the rules.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I just checked, have AX personal and business. 15 credits posted twice.
Early this year, I was thinking about closing AX business card due to higher AF and the Peak rip off scheme.
But then I saw that due to AX offers, I received almost the entire AF in credits.
An extra 15 EQN is an excellent reason to keep the card open.
Only 45 nights to Titanium!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by calculus1918
This is huge, good and bad. I currently hold 3 Marriott cards (Vintage Original Chase Marriott that still gives you 1 elite night for every 3 k spend, the SPG card which is now Amex Bonvoy, and then Amex Brilliant card with the $450 annual fee). I hope Marriott does not up the nights for Platinum to 75 (Titanium level). That being said, we are loyal Bonoy members, just the footprint and the privileges have been awesome, U.S., Canada and Asia for us (maybe we have been very lucky).

Seriously thinking about freeing up one of my Amex slots (5 cards already) and then applying for the business card.

Doesn't seem fair in a way, I do have 3 Marriott cards, why only the combo of business and personal gets this perk... All part of the game I guess and we just have to play by the rules.
Do Biz cards count against the 5 count limit though?

If this makes Plat reachable with just 20 nights, that easily makes it worth it for me.

Too bad there's no way to get a biz card through Chase anymore tho. I am well under 5/24.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Just also thinking, if you have a double nights promo with this. You could also just get Platinum with just 10 nights.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:08 am

I guess I have to re-open my Amex Biz card now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.