Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Can you earn 30 elite night credits for Bonvoy from credit cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you earn 30 elite night credits for Bonvoy from credit cards?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:28 am

I assume that most of us are not eligible for a sign up bonus with the Amex business card since so many prior cards disqualify you. But the annual fee for 15 nights and also the year cert seems like it could be worth it unless Plat is seriously devalued.

Does anyone have any data points about when the 15 nights post when you sign up for a credit card that makes you eligible for them? I've had the Amex version of the personal SPG now Bonvoy card forever and I just get the 15 each year. But if you sign up for a card mid-year do you get them mid-year? Or do you have to wait for the next cycle of posting?
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Am I missing something here? I have both personal and business Bonvoy cards from AMEX and I only see 15 nights posted in my account?
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cvseuy
Just also thinking, if you have a double nights promo with this. You could also just get Platinum with just 10 nights.
Waiting for that day to happen!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by lsquare
Am I missing something here? I have both personal and business Bonvoy cards from AMEX and I only see 15 nights posted in my account?
I have the Bonvoy Amex Personal ($95 AF) and the Bonvoy Amex Business ($125 AF). 30 Nights are on my Account. It may take day or two to process.

lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cvseuy
I have the Bonvoy Amex Personal ($95 AF) and the Bonvoy Amex Business ($125 AF). 30 Nights are on my Account. It may take day or two to process.

I guess I'll have to contact Marriott and ask what's up.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Any Canadian holding both Business Amex and personal Amex that got 30 nights? I have both but only have 15 nights.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:55 pm

I have the chase Marriott business card and the Amex Marriott consumer card. Can confirm I just received another 15 elite night credit today (total of 30).
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
This is fantastic and will generate additional credit card business from a lot of us. 50 nights (35 with one card) is a non-starter for me and many others who have moderate travel patterns and locations that don't always favor Marriott. OTOH 20 nights is far more achievable (the current situation notwithstanding).

I need 100 nights + 1 add'l year of Plat to earn lifetime Plat, so I hope this is permanent

Last edited by Boraxo; Mar 31, 2020 at 6:03 pm
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
If this is gonna stick (and applies to Canadians), I will make lifetime plat a lot faster
SPN Lifer and qlaval like this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: TK E+, AC 25K, A3 S, UA S, BoNVoY TE
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
If this is gonna stick (and applies to Canadians), I will make lifetime plat a lot faster
The T&Cs for both the personal and consumer cards on the Amex Canada site still read as a maximum of 15 nights. Hopefully the change will apply globally and the T&Cs gets updated accordingly. I don't have a business card yet, but will gladly apply if the additional 15 nights apply. Could you kindly let us know if you get the extra 15 nights posted in the coming days? thanks!
qlaval likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Looks like this thread may come back into vogue - 2 CCs plus a meeting plus 10 cheapo nights at LS properties and Marriott Bonvoy Platinum is yours!!!

Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by asovse1
Adding on to the request for any Canadian DPs, especially Canadians with one card in Canada and one card in the US via Global Transfer?
Three cards here.
Canadian: Amex Bonvoy personal and business (2)
American: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant personal (1)

No 30 nights (just the regular 15 nights from before).
asovse1 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Looks like this thread may come back into vogue - 2 CCs plus a meeting plus 10 cheapo nights at LS properties and Marriott Bonvoy Platinum is yours!!!

Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Aren’t the 10 night credits for meetings completely gone?
dgreen12, rogo, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist

Current situation- BV Amex personal (15) and business (15), BV Visa (took 10 nights in lieu of points).
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by pageboy
BV Visa (took 10 nights in lieu of points).
How did you do this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.