Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Dav77
Is there a large part of beach in front of ?

I booked a 15 nights stay by points for August and with the new points requirement I wouldn’t like to re book at an higher kind of beach villa (I don’t like OW)

many thanks.
There's a long row of beach bungalows (BBs) facing the beautiful beach (between the Sunrise OWB and Velaa), not sure if those are the base BBs or fancier. Hardly anyone uses the beach whenever we walked by.

There are several discussions in this thread about the BBs. General consensus seems they have inconvenient layout and may attract flies/lizards. On the other hand, they're good for small kids.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Dav77
Anyone stayed at beach bungalow? Is it too cheap accommodation? Is there a large part of beach in front of ?

I booked a 15 nights stay by points for August and with the new points requirement I wouldn’t like to re book at an higher kind of beach villa (I don’t like OW)

many thanks.
If you're talking about Beach Villas, then there's some beach at the rear of the Villas. I say towards Velaa has more beach front than closer to Overwater Villas due to more erosion with higher than normal bank drop off on our daily walks back from breakfast to our Sunrise Overwater Villa. We didn't walk all around a Beach Bungalow so can't help there.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:51 am

Mini bar

I see the mini bar menu in the wiki. Can anyone explain or send a photo of the mini bar? We are deciding whether or not to go All inclusive and I was told that only drinks included in the mini bar are free for consumption in the room and I will need to purchase anything else that I would like in the room. I realize it gets replenished on day 4. Also, can you have items swapped for free? In example remove all Coke for Diet Coke. Remove vodka for Bacardi blanco.
TIA
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I see the mini bar menu in the wiki. Can anyone explain or send a photo of the mini bar? We are deciding whether or not to go All inclusive and I was told that only drinks included in the mini bar are free for consumption in the room and I will need to purchase anything else that I would like in the room. I realize it gets replenished on day 4. Also, can you have items swapped for free? In example remove all Coke for Diet Coke. Remove vodka for Bacardi blanco.

I found photos online. Can anyone who has signed up for all inclusive confirm that you get everything you see in the photos? Also, are the non alcoholic items replenished every day?

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/le-...-maldives/amp/
TIA
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:09 pm

I’m in the process of booking this hotel. What do you guys suggest. Full board plus or all inclusive. I wonder what’s the difference.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by yolie
I’m in the process of booking this hotel. What do you guys suggest. Full board plus or all inclusive. I wonder what’s the difference.

Thanks in advance
In a nutshell, full-board covers 3 meals at a select few restaurants and limited booze. All-inclusive is just that.

Details. Subtract $30 pp if you're Platinum or above.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign
There's a long row of beach bungalows (BBs) facing the beautiful beach (between the Sunrise OWB and Velaa), not sure if those are the base BBs or fancier. Hardly anyone uses the beach whenever we walked by.

There are several discussions in this thread about the BBs. General consensus seems they have inconvenient layout and may attract flies/lizards. On the other hand, they're good for small kids.
Based on the resort map it seems that the long raw of “beach bungalow” are the beach villas, as well as the rooms mentioned several times in this thread.

based on the resort map the beach bungalow are just located in the Nord east part of the island.

but maybe I’m wrong
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by ALGU
Sharing some information from the resort. Part 8 Velaa Dinner Menu

if we opt for the half board, are we to choose the 3 courses out of this menu pls? Or there is another set menu that’s watered down? Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by appledabble
if we opt for the half board, are we to choose the 3 courses out of this menu pls? Or there is another set menu that’s watered down? Thanks
If I recall correctly, when we scanned the QR code at Velaa the half board was pretty much the same as the all inclusive menu for the 3 courses when we dined there.

Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by pilot04
If I recall correctly, when we scanned the QR code at Velaa the half board was pretty much the same as the all inclusive menu for the 3 courses when we dined there.

thanks a lot! Now I can do some price comparison 👍🙏 HB does look great value since the $65 is inclusive of taxes
exploreaswego likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
She's 10. When I booked, I was unable to get award availability for 2 adults and 1 child so I booked for 2 adults and contacted the hotel to add our daughter. Not ideal, but our 10 night redemption was 290,000 points so it still felt like a pretty good value.
Hi Sam, how were you able to add your daughter to the reservation? Did you email property directly to request for a rollaway bed?
We also have an award stay booked for next year, however not sure how to add our child who will be 13 by then.
Thanks sjnoble
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by sjnoble
Hi Sam, how were you able to add your daughter to the reservation? Did you email property directly to request for a rollaway bed?
We also have an award stay booked for next year, however not sure how to add our child who will be 13 by then.
Thanks sjnoble
Yes, just emailed them. Very responsive.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:31 pm

Thank you!

How was the food at the resort?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:48 pm

For anyone that has done a cash upgrade, did you notice the charge both service charge and tax on the cash amount? I understand if upgrading directly through the hotel they quote as ++ but on marriott.com the charge appears as inclusive of service charge, and it doesn't seem to add the same tax %.
Anyone else experience these charges on upgrades done at time of booking, over and above the amount quoted by marriott?

Curious what others saw. TIA

Last edited by tylerc; Apr 13, 2022 at 9:54 pm
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:55 am

There's a great video of a seaplane overflight of the island and landing in the Marriott Bonvoy Insiders facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/marriottbonvoyinsiders/permalink/747209062863434/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.