Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Aegon, Autograph Collection - Mykonos, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2021, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

The Aegon, Autograph Collection - Mykonos, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
No "Suite" either.
In this part they follow Marriott own terms .... SUITE night award for a slightly better ROOM

Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kaizen7
In this part they follow Marriott own terms .... SUITE night award for a slightly better ROOM

Is it even a slightly better room to go from view to no view (view of the wall)? It's quite a trick that you can spend a SNA here to get a worse room. Bonvoy pays the hotel for your downgrade and you lose the ability to use the SNAs someplace where you can confirm a suite upgrade that's actually honored.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:49 pm

Hotel seems no longer bookable as of a few days ago (Bonvoy or 3rd party websites). Anyone know what’s up?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:26 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by italian7
Hotel seems no longer bookable as of a few days ago (Bonvoy or 3rd party websites). Anyone know what’s up?

I have noticed the same thing for last 3 days regardless which dates I use.

I just checked in here, and I will update .
SPN Lifer, italian7 and esc2476 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:31 am

Deleted
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:35 am

Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Rash of poor TA reviews may prompt a rebrand for the 22 season?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Rash of poor TA reviews may prompt a rebrand for the 22 season?
They must have run out of family members/investors to post fake reviews.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC

They told me they had problems with a
Greek bank and can not take Amex untilThey sign with a new bank.
Maybe that is why they took all the rooms down. Arrive 10 AM from the ferry boat, and we are granted breakfast before we even checked in

As a platinum was upgraded to one of the rooms with a pool. This is my second year and this room Albeit smaller has a great view of the newly formed beach club.

They mentioned my loyalty what is considered when they granted me the upgrade.
hotel is pretty full and having dinner here at GREEK tonight in a half an hour

Don’t understand all the complaining used four free nights and got the fifth night free, to me this is exceptionally high value for Marriott points.My wife just overheard me posting and she said she loves this hotel it’s so convenient.To each his own, but I get treated like royalty here.Maybe it’s because my wife speaks Greek?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The fact that a plat who speaks Greek is treated infinitely better than Ambassadors who don't is exactly the reason for the complaints.
Did you use SNA's for the pool suite with beach view?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
The fact that a plat who speaks Greek is treated infinitely better than Ambassadors who don't is exactly the reason for the complaints.
Did you use SNA's for the pool suite with beach view?

First of all , I also speak Greek but never allow anyone to know that when I contact any of the Hotels that I stay at in Greece .

I always find I am better treated in room
assignments as an American . Plus I find conversing in my Native tongue does not put me in a disadvantaged position .

I am certain most Greeks at Hotels show more respect to what is perceived
as a Jet Set type American , who can bring more worldwide exposure to their Hotel than the average Greek.

That advice has served me well in the over 30 years , and over 65 trips I have made in over 30 years .

Having Stayed at some of the Best hotels in Greece , this formula always ensures I am treated well .

I am just stating how we are treated here, and feel quite certain others would be treated well Also , if they took the time to speak to the staff humbly and
Humanely .

Most of you are Probably too young to remember a time when there was a book and a theory called “ THE UGLY AMERICAN “

I am quite sure many FTrs would have a wonderful time and get good value coming here , so I must be honest in My assessment to my Brothers and Sisters .

This is Myknonos , no other place in the world like it !!

FYI I am A Lowly Platinum if that makes Any difference !
jtp1947 and SPLP007 like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Reading this thread in its entirety reveals that this is a property where unsuspecting guests get brutally Bonvyed!
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Platinum
First of all , I also speak Greek but never allow anyone to know that when I contact any of the Hotels that I stay at in Greece .

I always find I am better treated in room
assignments as an American . Plus I find conversing in my Native tongue does not put me in a disadvantaged position .

I am certain most Greeks at Hotels show more respect to what is perceived
as a Jet Set type American , who can bring more worldwide exposure to their Hotel than the average Greek.

That advice has served me well in the over 30 years , and over 65 trips I have made in over 30 years .

Having Stayed at some of the Best hotels in Greece , this formula always ensures I am treated well .

I am just stating how we are treated here, and feel quite certain others would be treated well Also , if they took the time to speak to the staff humbly and
Humanely .

Most of you are Probably too young to remember a time when there was a book and a theory called “ THE UGLY AMERICAN “

I am quite sure many FTrs would have a wonderful time and get good value coming here , so I must be honest in My assessment to my Brothers and Sisters .

This is Myknonos , no other place in the world like it !!

FYI I am A Lowly Platinum if that makes Any difference !

Are you able to walk to Elia beach from Aegon Mykonos? I know google maps shows you this 4.3km (1hr) long detour walk.
I recall when I was at Elia beach last year, I saw tons of people walking from Paralia Agrari beach (west) to Elia via those small flat hills in between. I wonder whether it's doable from Aegon Mykonos hotel.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:17 am

They told me they had problems with a
Greek bank and can not take Amex untilThey sign with a new bank.
Maybe that is why they took all the rooms down. Arrive 10 AM from the ferry boat, and we are granted breakfast before we even checked in

As a platinum was upgraded to one of the rooms with a pool. This is my second year and this room Albeit smaller has a great view of the newly formed beach club.

They mentioned my loyalty what is considered when they granted me the upgrade.
hotel is pretty full and having dinner here at GREEK tonight in a half an hour

Don’t understand all the complaining used four free nights and got the fifth night free, to me this is exceptionally high value for Marriott points.My wife just overheard me posting and she said she loves this hotel it’s so convenient.To each his own, but I get treated like royalty here.Maybe it’s because my wife speaks Greek?
Thanks!
Seems odd - immagine there are plenty of hotels that don’t take Amex, however probably not compliant with Marriott policies.

One week “offline” seems quite the damage. Curious how long this will take or if it’s the actual reason
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Andrew Zhao
Are you able to walk to Elia beach from Aegon Mykonos? I know google maps shows you this 4.3km (1hr) long detour walk.
I recall when I was at Elia beach last year, I saw tons of people walking from Paralia Agrari beach (west) to Elia via those small flat hills in between. I wonder whether it's doable from Aegon Mykonos hotel.
i would be guessing but I know many beaches are accessible from foot trails to one another .

Last Night we went to Little Venice to see the sunset . I would say they were twice as many people there , than the exact same days last year

Also the High Speed boat was packed !

The Isle is Rocking and Rolling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.