Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Aegon, Autograph Collection - Mykonos, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2021, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

The Aegon, Autograph Collection - Mykonos, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2021, 6:05 am

It's totally silly. Either serve filtered as a standard and up-charge for specialty, or just offer unlimited specialty. Just don't limit it like this: feels so cheap. I didn't mind paying, but find me another property on Mykonos that does this while charging EUR 500+ a night...

Separately, I can add to the recommendation of VickiSoCal and suggest anyone visiting try L'Aragosta, about a seven minute drive away. Great atmosphere and very solid food. (Vicki, mentioned the couple of California there on opening night sent us, and got a big smile ).
Old Aug 8, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by makin'miles
It's totally silly. Either serve filtered as a standard and up-charge for specialty, or just offer unlimited specialty. Just don't limit it like this: feels so cheap. I didn't mind paying, but find me another property on Mykonos that does this while charging EUR 500+ a night...

Separately, I can add to the recommendation of VickiSoCal and suggest anyone visiting try L'Aragosta, about a seven minute drive away. Great atmosphere and very solid food. (Vicki, mentioned the couple of California there on opening night sent us, and got a big smile ).
Personally, I completely object to any restrictions on ‘specialty’ coffee at a 5 star hotel breakfast in Europe, as I think I’ve posted before, charging for an espresso or cappuccino with breakfast in Europe is totally ridiculous, that’s just what people drink here! I will refuse to return anywhere that labels itself ‘luxury’ and charges for this in Europe as it’s indicative of their whole attitude to customers, I find. I get it in the US I guess but still somewhat object in a high-end hotel.

Does this hotel still have Codage toiletries? Probably the best thing about this hotel was it introduced me to what is a nice range of products.
makin'miles, wrp96 and jona970318 like this.

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Aug 8, 2021 at 6:55 am
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by makin'miles
It's totally silly. Either serve filtered as a standard and up-charge for specialty, or just offer unlimited specialty. Just don't limit it like this: feels so cheap.
It's outrageous to require payment after the first cup.

I stayed at a place in Samui (managed by a Frenchman) that did this and they got absolutely slammed on TA for it (and properly so).

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I get it in the US I guess but still somewhat object in a high-end hotel.
In the US, drip coffee refills are pretty much always free.
makin'miles and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:48 am

Indeed, the toiletries were Codage - nice products. Label showed 'Made in France' so didn't appear to be a cheaper version of the products produced in Canada for the hospitality sector (here's looking at you, Le Labo and Byredo).
Old Aug 10, 2021, 7:56 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I'm sure its somewhere in this thread, but does anyone have an individual email to the hotel?
Old Aug 10, 2021, 7:59 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by CALMSP
I'm sure its somewhere in this thread, but does anyone have an individual email to the hotel?
Try [email protected] or [email protected].

khabah
Kacee likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by khabah
Added to wiki. Thank you.
khabah likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
I've been really debating whether to cancel or just stick it out and hope for the best with this place.

With that being said, the TA , google and Marriott reviews continue to be all over the map. While some of the recent TA and google positive reviews appear to be slightly more authentic (not a single-post first time review, etc.) they usually still contain bizarre statements telling people to "ignore all the negative reviews! or "only pay attention to the 5 star reviews!". IMO nobody posting an honest review says this kind of stuff.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 4:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ysbyvr
While some of the recent TA and google positive reviews appear to be slightly more authentic (not a single-post first time review, etc.) they usually still contain bizarre statements telling people to "ignore all the negative reviews! or "only pay attention to the 5 star reviews!". IMO nobody posting an honest review says this kind of stuff.
The reputation management scammers are getting much more sophisticated.
estnet, seanp7, UA-NYC and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
I've been really debating whether to cancel or just stick it out and hope for the best with this place.
Do you have SNA's applied?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Do you have SNA's applied?
I do. I had booked and applied the SNAs a while back, when the pool suite was still a selectable option (which has now been removed).
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I do. I had booked and applied the SNAs a while back, when the pool suite was still a selectable option (which has now been removed).
I'm sticking it out for next month........probably more so b/c I don't have the points for the Luxury Collection. But, I've always approached the negativity with a grain of salt as others opinions don't always reflect how me and the Mrs feel about a place.

.....waiting on my SNA's as well.
ysbyvr and PETERPNYC like this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:33 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
I wouldn't bet against them pulling their usual trick (take your SNA's and stick you in a non-pool room).
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I just cancelled my upcoming stay here.

Can't be bothered to deal with a property with poor front desk management/greedy owners.

I was able to switch my cancelled A3 ZRH-JMK nonstop over to an A3/OA ZRH-ATH-JNX connection and I feel better already.

A lower-key couple weeks to be sure.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Ok, I really dont have any skin in this topic - unlikely that I will ever go there even if I do go to Greece - but
at this point what would it take to actually convince people that this is a reasonable place to stay?

or, at this point, is there zero option for service recovery and damage control?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.