Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Aegon, Autograph Collection - Mykonos, Greece [Master Thread]

Old Aug 10, 2021, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening June '19. No category yet. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...hotel-mykonos/

"Aegon Mykonos is inspired by the enlightening aura of Delos island and the magnificence of past civilization evidenced in its antiquities. Aegon Mykonos is a Contemporary Cycladic architectural ornate wonder. Living spaces are destined to capture every depth and breadth of the soul. Transcending traditional materials are placed throughout the hotels decorative layers; bamboo is transformed into striking feature walls, densely woven rattan is re imagined into ceiling details, marble surfaces transcend perceptions of an ancient dome, contrasting surfaces project antithesis of light and shadow. Ancient craft techniques, contemporary rustic furnishings and marble surfaces blend into a scenery of Cycladic mystique, embossed by the intense blue layers of the Aegean landscape. Aegon is artful patchwork of 2 Cycladic hotel premises, one located beachfront and one on an altitude up the hill, dictating the mood choosing concept Revive or Retreat.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Have booked Santa Marina this summer. Wondering whether this property may be a better option.

But it's next to impossible to get any information--absurd given that this hotel is scheduled to open in 2.5 months.

I did try to "book" for early July o see if possible. Forces one to submit dates. Got an email response offering three different room types ranging form 700-900 Euros/night.

No mention of suites.

From address on the written offer of these three rates, I found that the hotel is about 10 kms from center of town, versus 4 kms for Santa Marina.

Bottom line--have no idea whether this could be a superior alternative to Santa Marina.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Have booked Santa Marina this summer. Wondering whether this property may be a better option.

But it's next to impossible to get any information--absurd given that this hotel is scheduled to open in 2.5 months.

I did try to "book" for early July o see if possible. Forces one to submit dates. Got an email response offering three different room types ranging form 700-900 Euros/night.

No mention of suites.

From address on the written offer of these three rates, I found that the hotel is about 10 kms from center of town, versus 4 kms for Santa Marina.

Bottom line--have no idea whether this could be a superior alternative to Santa Marina.
I am in the same boat. Santa Marina has sold out in most days so can't really take a chance. I doubt it will be superior as Santa Marina is already a Cat 8 property.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
That is a pretty far location from Mykonos Town, which is a big downside for me. For those who want to park themselves at a resort for x days, maybe not. It's definitely in the quieter part of the island.

Also 10km on an ATV will take quite a bit of back and forth time than in a car ;-)
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Category 6. Says opening July '19.

"Set at Kalo Livadi, a Mykonos beach of idyllic beauty, Aegon Mykonos is the newly arrived luxury hip Mykonos hotel, inspired by the eternal Cycladic architectural forms and the aura of Delos island. The two lions convey a powerful encounter with an extravagant Mykonos hospitality. Two artful hotel premises leading to the beach, dictate an everlasting mood of interplay between the notions of "Revive at the beach" or "Retreat away from the crowds". Island living spaces are designed to capture every depth and breadth of your soul, portraying 76 lavish rooms & suites embellished with indulgent private pools, hot tubs, in-room Spa and fitness facilities, two outdoor pools and culinary delights at three restaurants and 4 bars. Aegon Mykonos will serve a narcissistic, vibrant and passionate Mykonos escape, awakened by the arrival of famed beach lifestyle concept of Blue Marlin Ibiza at the Aegon beach, setting the scene for an uncommon cosmopolitan lifestyle of day and night dining, music & beach entertainment."
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Is anyone booked here yet? Thinking of a stay in July but might be risky considering they might not open in time or not be fully operational which might hurt the experience..
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:16 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Given its Greece and Mykonos in particular there is a reasonable chance the opening will either slide or there will be initial teething issues...
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:24 pm
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Is anyone booked here yet? Thinking of a stay in July but might be risky considering they might not open in time or not be fully operational which might hurt the experience..
THey are fairly responsive on Facebook, you can send a message to ask how progress is coming along.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:57 pm
formerly leemaj

It looks like their opening has been delayed and currently earliest dates for booking are in early August (used to be July). It also appears that their base rooms aren't available anymore in August, so I wonder if they will still be under construction....

I have seen anecdotally on Instagram / Facebook they have been cancelling some reservations. I have a booking there for August but haven't heard back yet. WIll report back if I hear from them.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
They had a few ads in the Aegean Airlines inflight magazine:

Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
The location and fact that they are not on a beach would make it a "pass" for me. We have stayed at the Santa Marina the last two summers and I personally like the fact that it is not in Mykonos Town but you can easily reach town with their shuttle. I would think this location is at least 30 minutes from town and if they don't have a shuttle and you don't have a car you are essentially stuck out there due to the limited availability of taxis on the island.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:22 pm
formerly leemaj

Originally Posted by christianj
The location and fact that they are not on a beach would make it a "pass" for me. We have stayed at the Santa Marina the last two summers and I personally like the fact that it is not in Mykonos Town but you can easily reach town with their shuttle. I would think this location is at least 30 minutes from town and if they don't have a shuttle and you don't have a car you are essentially stuck out there due to the limited availability of taxis on the island.
Are they not on the beach? I thought the Blue Marlin beach club is at the hotel, which would lead me to believe that it is on the beach.

Interesting to note some of the stories on their Instgram comments of people having their reservations cancelled and not being placed at another hotel days before they are supposed to arrive. Appears the hotel is no longer bookable online right now as well
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by LifetimeUpgrade
Are they not on the beach?
Pictures I saw didn’t look like it was on the beach but now I’m not sure. The website isn’t real clear. Under the rooms the ones classified as REVIVE seems to mention being “steps away from the beach” but the ones classified as RETREAT mention “up the hill from the beach.”

The beach definitely doesn’t look like it’s right at the hotel based on these:
https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...AxOS0wNy0yNFIA
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:09 am

Looks like they are delayed in opening until July 2020!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:04 pm
formerly leemaj

I got a message from the hotel saying they opened today. The beachfront rooms aren't finished yet but the rooms further away from the beach are supposedly open.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.