Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Marriott's privacy policy includes the ability to request all personal information.
Privacy Policy: https://www.marriott.com/about/privacy.mi

To obtain a copy of your personal data, click Privacy Rights, then click the link 'this form'.

FWIW: Thread about requesting Hilton data: Hilton personal information request
Print Wikipost

Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Part of me says, who cares. Say whatever you want about me. I’ll keep saying whatever I want about you in other forums and places. And if I find out I don’t like what you’re saying about me or I don’t like how I am being treated, I will go elsewhere. There are other businesses I can go to for hospitality. Many are better than Marriott.
We potentially have months of stay-at-home ahead of us. This sounds like a pretty interesting way to fill out some time. I'll even be excited to get an email from Marriott for once.
kauppias likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by mileageking
Any of you sent request to remove any personal data?
Why would you? I mean, it's CRM. A possible example of CRM could be "an internal system where [a company] can criticize [customers]" (my emphasis added). But, pointedly, CRM is also - and primarily - used to improve and enhance guest experience, even where a guest complaint is concerned.

It's hilarious witnessing so many people in this thread get so worked up about companies keeping customer data. It's clear the vast majority don't understand CRM, especially in the hospitality context, at all.

Last edited by gengar; Apr 11, 2020 at 2:09 am
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
Why would you?.
I have no idea what's stated in my CRM at MA. If there is something that bothers me, I would have no issues requesting them to delete. Plus they do give you the option to delete for a reason.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I have been checking in on this thread periodically. From what I can tell, long term customers have files that are hundreds or thousands of pages long. That is actually so long it seems inefficient.

I've heard stories of bad feedback by an agent on a person's profile that actually affected the way the customer was treated by other customer service agents. However, if the feedback is thousands of pages long, then no one will take the time to read through that. It kind of neutralizes that scenario. Just accumulate several pages of neutral feedback that is more recent and no one may ever look back far enough to see the negative ever again.

In terms of a data breach, I would think most thieves would be more interested in financial data or passwords.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 9:15 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I think the thousands of pages are due to the fact that they are dumping every bit of data. That isn’t to say that at a specific hotel they would be looking at all that data. They may only be looking at data shared by others at that hotel. Same for specific customer service functions. So it is conceivable that your profile at a specific hotel could contain some information which will impact you next stay, or that your global profile may contain something like that. But likely the Sheraton DFW employee would not be present with a screen that shows the extra towels you ordered at the Westin Tokyo.

As for data breaches, lots of information could be used to social engineer information from your or to blackmail you.

In 2015 I checked into a hotel with my girlfriend. I’d checked into that hotel 6 years earlier with what was now my ex-wife and kids. After being shown to the room, the gentleman who checked us in called me and said he’d be able to keep my secret. I had not idea what he meant. Eventually he said he could keep the lady out of the registration record. I asked him to please ensure she was in the record in case she lost her key or needed something. We also used that hotel as the base for our wedding 2 years later. But you can imagine that if I was hiding something, this information could be used to compromise or socially engineer. How many government officials from various governments stay at hotels and how might tracking their movements benefit other government or non-government entities?

Last edited by yosithezet; Apr 11, 2020 at 9:22 am
Old Apr 11, 2020, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post #5)
Pretty sure every CRM has input for positive and negative comments.

Abuse an employee of a company? Of course they will note it down.

Have you been forgiving during a massive service failure? They will note that down.
CRM = customer relationship management

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cust...hip_management

From reading the article at the above link, it appears one could earn an MBA on this subject. CRM is indeed the very reason Marriott Bonv°y maintains the system we are discussing.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 7:38 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by yosithezet
In 2015 I checked into a hotel with my girlfriend. I’d checked into that hotel 6 years earlier with what was now my ex-wife and kids. After being shown to the room, the gentleman who checked us in called me and said he’d be able to keep my secret. I had not idea what he meant. Eventually he said he could keep the lady out of the registration record. I asked him to please ensure she was in the record in case she lost her key or needed something. We also used that hotel as the base for our wedding 2 years later. But you can imagine that if I was hiding something, this information could be used to compromise or socially engineer. How many government officials from various governments stay at hotels and how might tracking their movements benefit other government or non-government entities?

That's actually great. Fantastic service by the hotel!

I am often staying with various women, I wonder if any hotel has ever thought anything like that with me. Usually they're girlfriends though, never had a wife and kids though. I've certainly never had that conversation.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 11:41 am

I just got the file today. It’s 1700 pages for me. What sections are the comments in. I don’t see them. It basically just lists my stays and emails.

thanks for the help
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by boardkicker1015
I just got the file today. It’s 1700 pages for me. What sections are the comments in. I don’t see them. It basically just lists my stays and emails.

thanks for the help
out of curiosity when did you request yours?

still waiting on mine
Old Apr 20, 2020, 6:52 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by boardkicker1015

thanks for the help
Did you get a note asking if you want all cases they opened in their system or just the stays?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I checked into a hotel once late at night and got chatting with the front desk. They SHOWED me the comments that had been written about me and I was absolutely appalled.

The comments were applied to every single reservation at every hotel whether in the US or abroad.

It was quite disconcerting and was petulant its nature.

In the early days with SPG I had a few brushes with Member Account Integrity and clearly their notes were added... but it was a horrible feeling to see it presented there on EVERY booking many years later!

I've no idea if the comments were moved across to Marriott. I will have to check next time!

Last edited by yosithezet; Apr 28, 2020 at 8:46 pm Reason: Masked profanity removed per FT Rules.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 10:09 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
I checked into a hotel once late at night and got chatting with the front desk. They SHOWED me the comments that had been written about me and I was absolutely appalled.

The comments were applied to every single reservation at every hotel whether in the US or abroad.

It was quite disconcerting and was petulant in its nature.

In the early days with SPG I had a few brushes with Member Account Integrity and clearly their notes were added... but it was a horrible feeling to see it presented there on EVERY booking many years later!

I've no idea if the comments were moved across to Marriott. I will have to check next time!
This is unfathomable.

Last edited by hhoope01; Apr 29, 2020 at 4:04 am Reason: removed masked profanity from quoted text
Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket

It was quite disconcerting and was petulant in its nature.

I believe there is an option to correct or update your personal data. There is also something that states object to or restrict processing of your personal data, however not sure what this would result in. Anyone done either of these 2 options?

Last edited by hhoope01; Apr 29, 2020 at 4:05 am Reason: removed masked profanity in quoted text
Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Did you get a note asking if you want all cases they opened in their system or just the stays?
Yes got a similar response and it would take an extra month if I want everything.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:40 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
over two weeks and no report... slow going

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.